Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't know what this is

mienshao620

So a couple of years now my parents keep seeing a black figure as big as a cat running around the house. My mom isn't afraid of it she thinks it is just a spirit hanging around. My dad thinks it is something demonic, he thinks this black figure is sucking our life. (me and my parents suffer from depression, my other sisters are fine.. i think). I have never seen this black ghost cat/dog. Could it be a pet? we lost a dog a couple of years back but my parents don't think its our old dog. My youngest sister who is 15 just saw it today. My dad says it is a black shadow kind of like a cloud. My little sister says it is a black figure. she says it isn't transparent, it isn't a shadow it is solid black and she says she saw it on top of the recliner. I don't know what it is. I am trying to get information about what it could be. Everyone in my household believes in ghosts and stuff. I do too. I just have yet to see this thing. I wish I could see it to better describe it. Could this be a ghost of a pet? My sister and dad thinks it's demonic, my mom is indifferent. I don't know what to make out of it. I think it's weird that my parents have been seeing it for years and my sister just say it today. My parents told us they have been seeing it but never told anyone because it stopped appearing 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

Most likely a hallucination brought about by a combination of hysteria, confirmation bias and silly belief.

Also people will often lie and claim they seen something when they really haven't just so to keep the peace and not seem like a fool.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi mienshao620 :st Welcome to UM.

It sounds as if the thing your sister saw is a different entity to the one your parents see. If you and your parents are suffering from depression then you need professional help with that. You say your father thinks the entity is 'sucking your life' but I wonder if the depression came first and the entity is a manifestation of it? If you focus on improving your mood and situation then the 'black cloud' may well disappear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Hi mienshao620 :st Welcome to UM.

It sounds as if the thing your sister saw is a different entity to the one your parents see. If you and your parents are suffering from depression then you need professional help with that. You say your father thinks the entity is 'sucking your life' but I wonder if the depression came first and the entity is a manifestation of it? If you focus on improving your mood and situation then the 'black cloud' may well disappear.

that does make sense. Me and my mother are seeing a therapist though. My father refuses to see one but he says it is sucking his life out but really it's his diabetes and kidneys failing. He refuses to get a transplant and go on dialysis. I can see why my father would be seeing it. He has almost died twice in the past year. He is very sick and is losing his eye sight. I just think it's weird that my sister and my mom see it. It could be fake and just a story everyone slowly started to believe and see. I just came onto these forums just in case there was something like a little black cat ghost but if there isn't than that's okay too. Thank you for being nice about it :) *snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed drama
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, mienshao620 said:

So a couple of years now my parents keep seeing a black figure as big as a cat running around the house. My mom isn't afraid of it she thinks it is just a spirit hanging around. My dad thinks it is something demonic, he thinks this black figure is sucking our life. (me and my parents suffer from depression, my other sisters are fine.. i think). I have never seen this black ghost cat/dog. Could it be a pet? we lost a dog a couple of years back but my parents don't think its our old dog. My youngest sister who is 15 just saw it today. My dad says it is a black shadow kind of like a cloud. My little sister says it is a black figure. she says it isn't transparent, it isn't a shadow it is solid black and she says she saw it on top of the recliner. I don't know what it is. I am trying to get information about what it could be. Everyone in my household believes in ghosts and stuff. I do too. I just have yet to see this thing. I wish I could see it to better describe it. Could this be a ghost of a pet? My sister and dad thinks it's demonic, my mom is indifferent. I don't know what to make out of it. I think it's weird that my parents have been seeing it for years and my sister just say it today. My parents told us they have been seeing it but never told anyone because it stopped appearing 2 years ago. 

It's called a "thought form" and created by negativity. You are all feeding it and giving it power. Especially your father, creating a "mass hysteria" situation. You can banish it by yourself but you need the rest of your family to participate. It can't harm you and you can banish it by any means from your own belief system. It's your "power of intention" not the belief itself. But your family has to participate and believe too. 

You all need to think positive for starters though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's called a "thought form" and created by negativity. You are all feeding it and giving it power.

I'd say a "memetic thought-form" or collective idea. Since the family has created a self reinforcing loop of confirmation bias and the occasional visual hallucination. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mienshao620 said:

that does make sense. Me and my mother are seeing a therapist though. My father refuses to see one but he says it is sucking his life out but really it's his diabetes and kidneys failing. He refuses to get a transplant and go on dialysis. I can see why my father would be seeing it. He has almost died twice in the past year. He is very sick and is losing his eye sight. I just think it's weird that my sister and my mom see it. It could be fake and just a story everyone slowly started to believe and see. I just came onto these forums just in case there was something like a little black cat ghost but if there isn't than that's okay too. Thank you for being nice about it :) 

I'm sorry that your father has such poor health. You mention that his eyesight is failing and that could be the reason for his 'hallucinations'.

Remember that a black cat is considered lucky in some cultures!

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed drama

54 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'd say a "memetic thought-form" or collective idea. Since the family has created a self reinforcing loop of confirmation bias and the occasional visual hallucination. 

You know all the technical terms that I don't. I'm  just trying to get the idea across in English. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

You know all the technical terms that I don't. I'm  just trying to get the idea across in English. 

Yeah, same thing different phrasing.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Piney said:

It's called a "thought form" and created by negativity. 

Couldn't it be a astral form of a deceased pet semi-materializing. I am not saying it is. I am not saying its not a 'thought form' seen by multiple people either. And it could be neither of those two things. But I would say to @mienshao620 nobody can state what it is with certainty from a distance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Couldn't it be a astral form of a deceased pet semi-materializing

Papageorge, when the anti-woo inquisition comes, that could be damning evidence ! Edit it out !

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Papageorge, when the anti-woo inquisition comes, that could be damning evidence ! Edit it out !

A thought form seen by multiple people is woo too actually. 

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

A thought form seen by multiple people is woo too actually. 

It's called a memetic thought-form. Works the same way as a ghost story, then people see the same or similar thing. It is idea sharing. Call it the power of suggestion. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Couldn't it be a astral form of a deceased pet semi-materializing. I am not saying it is. I am not saying its not a 'thought form' seen by multiple people either. And it could be neither of those two things. But I would say to @mienshao620 nobody can state what it is with certainty from a distance. 

Too much negativity and hysteria. Every time I had to look in to something like this the "MO" was always the same. Somebody was ill, miserable and taking it out on everybody else. 

The problem is getting the source of the "haunting" to think positive and help remedy the situation.  

• Like 1

Just do a simple banishment. Something from your own belief system or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

And get some professional help for that depression.

• Like 2