Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
macqdor

Six Selected Poltergeist Cases from the 1700s

9 posts in this topic

macqdor

Six Selected Poltergeist Cases from the 1700s in Germany

Abstract: Six unknown or relatively unknown poltergeist cases from the 18th century are presented. The main phenomenological features of these cases are described and found to correspond well with those belonging to modem poltergeist cases. The cases from the 18th century are of special interest because they occurred before the advent of household electricity (limiting the application of an electro-magnetic theory of poltergeist phenomena). A common feature of the earl y cases is the interpretation of the phenomena in terms of the strong religious belief system of the time contrasting with earlier interpretations, which had been made in the folklore tradition

http://annekatrinpuhle.de/blog/?page_id=738&lang=English

• Thanks 1

papageorge1

Thanks for sharing this @macqdor    I think there is a lot to be learned from studying the full body of poltergeist cases by serious individuals. I only started perusing this but it reads as a thoughtful intellectual analysis.

Of course those that don't believe in poltergeist phenomena will only criticize but those of us convinced that something interesting is indeed going on should be very interested in stories and analysis like this to keep the  field of study moving beyond endless battles between believers and  non-believers. 

It is time for believers to move on past stage 1 (does it exist) and enter stage 2 (analysis). This  material is stage 2 stuff.

• Like 1

macqdor

Agreed!  Poltergeist phenomena are real.  It's not even debatable anymore.   The data goes back so far.  The data is that plentiful.

If you dont believe its real its because you haven't studied the data OR you're in love with your own worldview. which means u haven't studied the data.

I learned a lot from the article above.

• Like 1

Habitat

Have you experienced it, macqdor ? Not that I doubt its existence.

Habitat

Frightened or apprehensive by it ? What do you connect it to, as in, why is it playing to you ?

macqdor

Frightened or apprehensive by it ?

Both actually.  It was the house I lived in for four years. A major tragedy took place inside the house. 4 years before me and my girlfriend arrived.  Previous tenants had activity-moved out and didn't tell anyone.  Here we come totally unaware and BAM, things started happening.  I moved

But something followed me.  I've been unable to shake it.

There's a timeline of the events we experienced on the links I provided.

• Like 1

Avalanche

Poltergeist is a phenomena you dont want in your house. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Edited by Avalanche