Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Six Selected Poltergeist Cases from the 1700s

macqdor

Six Selected Poltergeist Cases from the 1700s in Germany

Abstract: Six unknown or relatively unknown poltergeist cases from the 18th century are presented. The main phenomenological features of these cases are described and found to correspond well with those belonging to modem poltergeist cases. The cases from the 18th century are of special interest because they occurred before the advent of household electricity (limiting the application of an electro-magnetic theory of poltergeist phenomena). A common feature of the earl y cases is the interpretation of the phenomena in terms of the strong religious belief system of the time contrasting with earlier interpretations, which had been made in the folklore tradition

http://annekatrinpuhle.de/blog/?page_id=738&lang=English

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing this @macqdor    I think there is a lot to be learned from studying the full body of poltergeist cases by serious individuals. I only started perusing this but it reads as a thoughtful intellectual analysis.

Of course those that don't believe in poltergeist phenomena will only criticize but those of us convinced that something interesting is indeed going on should be very interested in stories and analysis like this to keep the  field of study moving beyond endless battles between believers and  non-believers. 

It is time for believers to move on past stage 1 (does it exist) and enter stage 2 (analysis). This  material is stage 2 stuff.

• Like 1

Agreed!  Poltergeist phenomena are real.  It's not even debatable anymore.   The data goes back so far.  The data is that plentiful.

If you dont believe its real its because you haven't studied the data OR you're in love with your own worldview. which means u haven't studied the data.

I learned a lot from the article above.

• Like 1

Have you experienced it, macqdor ? Not that I doubt its existence.

Frightened or apprehensive by it ? What do you connect it to, as in, why is it playing to you ?

Frightened or apprehensive by it ?

Both actually.  It was the house I lived in for four years. A major tragedy took place inside the house. 4 years before me and my girlfriend arrived.  Previous tenants had activity-moved out and didn't tell anyone.  Here we come totally unaware and BAM, things started happening.  I moved

But something followed me.  I've been unable to shake it.

There's a timeline of the events we experienced on the links I provided.

• Like 1

Poltergeist is a phenomena you dont want in your house. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Edited by Avalanche

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, macqdor said:

https://macqdor.box.com/s/2x3x18tcw518xxn287t9o0qp9qx84rv

Washington poltergeist SPR update

Wow, fantastic my old buddy. I read the entire article. For newbies to this, It is article 20 Paranormal Report regarding Keith Linder. Just a great example of thorough paranormal analysis.

When I look through the rest of the journal I question why we who are interested in the paranormal waste too much energy debating the firmly entrenched non-believers. There is a lot better ways to spend our time like studying the subjects in just this one publication.

I thought you would enjoy.

Exactly  thats where I've been spending a majority of my time.  With alike minded individuals.  People who understand the phenomena.  The critical thinking and critical insight from people from all walks of life has been monumental

The knowledge and available info astounds me. Wait till Part of Rich Suggs article comes out next year.  

I'll bring it here

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, macqdor said:

astounds 

I liked that word choice in your post.

@macqdor, while you’re back, speaking of critical thinking/insight etc; why were you never able to produce the fire department report from your own experiences?

Tis a critical thing which I am still curious about?

Edit: Or if you can post it, (not just the blatant subjective garbage from your own site like previously) please do. You know I’d love to believe, so help me if you can. I’m a bit critical at times is all.

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 2

Because your Administrators keep shutting /locking up posts.     

You know who has my fire dept report and then some?  respective organizations that study and investigate poltergeist phenomena.

my report has been in other reports and on the internet since Spring 2018.

as have the reason why the house was haunted in the first place.

Maybe you haven been looking hard enough.  Bring it here?  Why so the trolls can flock here and hijack a forum with only purpose of shutting it down.

U want the report. U dig for it!

I learn my friend.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

Because your Administrators keep shutting /locking up posts.     

You know who has my fire dept report and then some?  respective organizations that study and investigate poltergeist phenomena.

my report has been in other reports and on the internet since Spring 2018.

as have the reason why the house was haunted in the first place.

Maybe you haven been looking hard enough.  Bring it here?  Why so the trolls can flock here and hijack a forum with only purpose of shutting it down.

U want the report. U dig for it!

I learn my friend.   

It seems you did learn that essentially advertising your books on UM is not great for business, as there are a bunch of us here who do critically think, and question why you could only ever provide links to your own website when asked multiple times for something more. Nothing of substance. 

But if available since spring 2018, I haven’t been following your case. Can you please post a link or search term I can use to help me find the said report? 

Not trying to troll, genuinely interested if there is actually a real report. 

Edited by Timothy
Typo.
  • Thanks 1

It seems you did learn that essentially advertising your books on UM is not great for business

Advertising and not good for business.  That sounds weird. My books advertised on multiple sites Ex. Multiple genre's and disciplines

i.e.  paranormal, mystery, parapsychology related sites and forums.   Trust me feed back via IM has been good

The straw man debate tactic is in full effect in this community.   That's why I've not brought the reports(s) here.

But there are members here who have it and the fact they havent posted it shows how they are in agreement with me.

straw man

noun
1.an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

I appreciate you not trying to troll but sorry I've been fooled too many times.

I love talking about poltergeist esp as it relates to my case.

The SPR article above is a good article (its free) Part 1 of 2.

Search terms

1. The Bothell Hell House
  2. Washington State Poltergeist Case
  3. Poltergeist of Washington State

Google, YouTube, Facebook, Word Press etc

3 documentaries total 2 on YouTub (free)  and one here

https://www.americansupernatural.com/about

two more in the works

and you got the 400+ page book which BOOKU reference pages!  Hint!

Should keep you busy for quite awhile. You'll find what your looking for if you're 100% sincere.   That's why I did it this way.

I'm not gonna feed the straw man mentality that exists here. Sorry!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

call me, email me , skype me, whatever. anything but that straw man debate crap.

Exploit everything I just you and you'll find way more than what you're looking for.

8 hours ago, macqdor said:

Advertising and not good for business.  That sounds weird. My books advertised on multiple sites Ex. Multiple genre's and disciplines

i.e.  paranormal, mystery, parapsychology related sites and forums.   Trust me feed back via IM has been good

The straw man debate tactic is in full effect in this community.   That's why I've not brought the reports(s) here.

But there are members here who have it and the fact they havent posted it shows how they are in agreement with me.

I appreciate you not trying to troll but sorry I've been fooled too many times.

I love talking about poltergeist esp as it relates to my case.

The SPR article above is a good article (its free) Part 1 of 2.

Search terms

1. The Bothell Hell House
  2. Washington State Poltergeist Case
  3. Poltergeist of Washington State

Google, YouTube, Facebook, Word Press etc

3 documentaries total 2 on YouTub (free)  and one here

https://www.americansupernatural.com/about

two more in the works

and you got the 400+ page book which BOOKU reference pages!  Hint!

Should keep you busy for quite awhile. You'll find what your looking for if you're 100% sincere.   That's why I did it this way.

I'm not gonna feed the straw man mentality that exists here. Sorry!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

call me, email me , skype me, whatever. anything but that straw man debate crap.

Exploit everything I just you and you'll find way more than what you're looking for.

Why are you going on about straw man arguments?

You claimed that there was a fire department report, we asked for it, you never provided it, we asked for it some more, the thread was eventually locked. 

I’ve now asked for it again, you’ve apparently (I haven’t tried to look for it yet, as what you have posted is so ambiguous) given me some hints on how to find it. 

So, please; Am I able to access the fire department report for free online? Can you direct me to it specifically? 

You’ve just given me one article, 15 search terms, two free documentaries, another not free(?), and your not free book to peruse. 

Timothy, I've already answered your question.  I'm not giving you the fire dept report. I told you why.

You asked where you might find it and I told you.   If you can't figure it out from there then I'm sorry, I can't help you.   I'm done providing info to forums like this.    You're not thinking about the fire dept report as a means to better understand this case.  You want the fire dept report so you can pick at it.   I'm not going to offer my report over to the straw man committee.

If your intellectual curiosity is legit - then comb through the information I gave you above.   Comb and keep combing.  Truth has never been hand delivered.  Truth has been found. I offered to bring the report to this forum(community) and the moderators shut the post down.  They locked it.

Don't blame me. Blame them. Blame the trolls.

I answered your question.  

I provided the free SPR Paranormal Review.

and other info.

Make yourself a nice Expresso and search for it.  It's there.  I promise you.

@macqdor, let’s be clear; I only ever tried to get information from you to help verify what you’ve claimed. You never posted any evidence, just links to your own site, and other unverifiable information. 

If your claim that other members here have it is true, then just PM me, I will not post it. You can take my word on that. 

• Like 1

"it's not even debatable anymore." 

Ha, lolz. 

Not been proven either has it Keith? 

Not been proven either has it Keith? 

yeah, like two years ago.   Maybe not to your satisfaction but then again who are you?

To the community and discipline that matters. Oh yeah......................beyond proven

• Like 1

So are you back to promote something no one will buy?

Will this be another thread that get's locked because you refuse to support your claim? 

Will you also complain about those who question you?

Anyone want to take bets on long this thread last before getting locked? 

• Like 2