Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manifest Your Thoughts

ParanormalKris

Why is it that People Always Tell Themselves' that they Can't Do Something Like Technicality or Something Like That, and then Wonder Why that They Can't do it? I mean People Set Themselves Up just to Fall Down Again. And If You Tell them that, They Don't Get it.

• Like 1

Self fulfilling prophecy

• Like 1

It depends.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Because life is a joke and a waste of time

But otherwise not too bad ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I occasionally wonder if our thoughts are entirely our own, but that is a whole 'nother matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

I occasionally wonder if our thoughts are entirely our own, but that is a whole 'nother matter.

I agree. I noticed when i had great ideas or storues i didnt act upon somebody else out there always did. Of course with so many peopke the odds of that are high... but i have had this question before. I used to have thoughts that i couldnt tell if they were mibe or not because my ex husband would say them as i thought them or visa versa. This has happened to me enough and in such a way that i am curious about how hard it was to tell the two apart. Like i would get spontaneous thoughts that came out the blue and seemed unlike my own and then somebody would vocalize it. I am curious what did you have in mind when you said not entirely our own? Is it because of the frequencies we are reacting to? Like the external stimulus that invokes predictable reactions in us or communications from elsewhere?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

I agree. I noticed when i had great ideas or storues i didnt act upon somebody else out there always did. Of course with so many peopke the odds of that are high... but i have had this question before. I used to have thoughts that i couldnt tell if they were mibe or not because my ex husband would say them as i thought them or visa versa. This has happened to me enough and in such a way that i am curious about how hard it was to tell the two apart. Like i would get spontaneous thoughts that came out the blue and seemed unlike my own and then somebody would vocalize it. I am curious what did you have in mind when you said not entirely our own? Is it because of the frequencies we are reacting to? Like the external stimulus that invokes predictable reactions in us or communications from elsewhere?

I suppose we can debate whether we have thoughts, or the thoughts have us, but we seem occasionally to have psychological moments where a thought comes to us with seemingly no apparent reason.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ParanormalKris said:

Why is it that People Always Tell Themselves' that they Can't Do Something Like Technicality or Something Like That, and then Wonder Why that They Can't do it? I mean People Set Themselves Up just to Fall Down Again. And If You Tell them that, They Don't Get it.

Self fulfilling prophecy, confirmation bias, magical thinking, wishful thinking, a magical placebo effect. Subconscious programming through mental and real reinforcement. 

https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/6134/self-fulfilling-prophecy-law-of-attraction/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

I suppose we can debate whether we have thoughts, or the thoughts have us, but we seem occasionally to have psychological moments where a thought comes to us with seemingly no apparent reason.

That's because your subconscious processes more information that the feeble conscious awareness does. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's because your subconscious processes more information that the feeble conscious awareness does. 

Yes, but seemingly having no relation to what you have been doing or thinking at all, sometimes.

Just now, Habitat said:

Yes, but seemingly having no relation to what you have been doing or thinking at all, sometimes.

There's your keyword. 

https://www.nlpacademy.co.uk/articles/view/understanding_your_mind_conscious_and_unconscious_processing/

You change your subconscious programming, you change your conscious focus. Other than that, it chatters away like a drunk monkey.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

Is this how you think?

There is no debating, we all have thoughts and they are yours.

You had to think before you wrote that...and it was all your thinking.

Thoughts come to us from memory or experience or just.....thinking. how people think will differ, but its all your own.

Think about that.

Just now, freetoroam said:

Is this how you think?

There is no debating, we all have thoughts and they are yours.

You had to think before you wrote that...and it was all your thinking.

Thoughts come to us from memory or experience or just.....thinking. how people think will differ, but its all your own.

Think about that.

I don't need to think about it, there have been rare occasions that ideas that have come to me, that were basically answers to "problems" I  had never even previously thought about.

• Like 1

Just now, Habitat said:

I don't need to think about it, there have been rare occasions that ideas that have come to me, that were basically answers to "problems" I  had never even previously thought about.

That's your subconscious at work. It's like remembering your favorite movie character but not remember the actor/actress who played the part. Then "bam" moments, hours, even days later you remember. Same principal.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Habitat said:

Errr....but the problems must have been on your mind...hence you would have been thinking about the problem, your mind has come up with an answer, it does this by you thinking of ways to solve your problem out of what you know, what you learn, what you see...and ping!!!  problem is answered.

Does not always work that way, but if there is one thing your mind is trying to solve, even if you are not aware of it 24/7,  it is what is playing on your mind, that will be the problem you have been thinking about.

• Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

That's your subconscious at work. It's like remembering your favorite movie character but not remember the actor/actress who played the part. Then "bam" moments, hours, even days later you remember. Same principal.

Many times I have heard people say that "something" made them do something they never do, and in the process they discovered something very much to their advantage, or allowed them to avoid something very disadvantageous to them. Some impulses are hard to trace back from.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Many times I have heard people say that "something" made them do something they never do, and in the process they discovered something very much to their advantage, or allowed them to avoid something very disadvantageous to them. Some impulses are hard to trace back from.

Yet those same impulses arise from a desire. An unconscious one. Perhaps a suppressed desire. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Many times I have heard people say that "something" made them do something they never do,

And that something was?

If the something was a thought, then it would be a connection in something they have seen or heard or felt or smelt which  has triggered the subconscious thought or just simply triggered a thought.

Can you explain what the "something" , eg:  as in what something triggered the thought.

29 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Some impulses are hard to trace back from.

Can you explain what you mean by this, trace back from? 

Also 

Impulses:

something that causes something to happen or happen more quickly; an impetus.

A sudden strong and unreflective urge or desire to act.

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Can you explain what you mean by this, trace back from? 

I mean you can't understand where the idea or impulse came from, it wasn't a matter that was on your mind at all ! 

3 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

I had this elaborate series outlined, specific names for places and heroes and such but got busy in life and didn't write it. Later, I found a story which was like enough that it made me seriously think where I had disclosed any of that old planned series but, it was not that. This was my first inkling of idea trends or something out there in the wild somehow we can tune into sometimes. It sounds weird but, I have thought this myself. Nobody stole my novel, it just was going to happen and someone else wrote their version of it is all. (Mine would have been better, naturally LMAO).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I mean you can't understand where the idea or impulse came from, it wasn't a matter that was on your mind at all ! 

But you mentioned

59 minutes ago, Habitat said:

ideas that have come to me, that were basically answers to "problems"

The problem was on your mind at some stage. 

Also an idea may come up infront of you and you like that idea.

Also the idea can be triggered by something you see, hear, smell of feel ...it really is as simple as that.