Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nessie fans plan to halt harpoon hunt

UM-Bot

lochness2.jpg
A Nessie hunter with plans to collect tissue samples from the monster could face the wrath of the law. Supporters of the legendary creature have vowed to use wildlife legislation to halt American submariner Dan Taylor's plans to harpoon Nessie when he visits Loch Ness this spring.

Mr Taylor (63), from Connecticut, is returning to the area to complete the job he started 35 years ago with a home-made submarine.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Inverness Courier

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ROGER

• UM-Bot

• VoodooStone

• nora jones

I a sure this guy isnt just going in there to blast the hell out of nessie should he find it...if it is only tissue sample fire away original.gif

They have kept him from returing to the Loch for 5 years now.. I have great doubt that he will make it this year either.

I hope I am wrong I hope he does make it, and I hope beyond hope that he gets the dna he is seeking. It is high time that Nessie is proven to exist.

He is one of the last of the firsts.

But what if he goes on a mad killing spree and kills all of the little baby nessies and their parents?? i would cry!!

I agree with the people who are trying to stop him.

Lets just say for a moment that Nessie does exist...it's obviously going to be a monumental discovery...a fantastic species of mammal(?) that as survived numerous ice ages, mass extinctions, being hunted and avoided discovery in these harsh modern times.

And this clown is going to go down there...find it...and shove a sharp stick into it's flesh.

Is this the guy of guy we want discovering Nessie? He seems more interested in the science of the specimen than he does of it's welfare.

blink.gif Some of you guys act like if there is a Ness creature, that there is only one. Now he's either the longest living critter in the pond or there are enough to keep the species going.

Even if he dose kill one, its just ONE. There will be more. Or- none! ohmy.gif

Well before he even gets the chance to harpoon the creature if it exists, he has to actually find it and no one to thie day has ever been successful in that enterprise!

tongue.gif Thats because the only people to see it only have a camera, not a harpoon.

I know, disguise the harpoon to look like a camera and nessie will pose for him while its being SHOT! devil.gif

• 2 weeks later...

id like a leg please, extra crispy, witha side of potato wedges.

Oh if its down there i wouldnt think it would cause much pain to a large animal.

blink.gif  Some of you guys act like if there is a Ness creature, that there is only one. Now he's either the longest living critter in the pond or there are enough to keep the species going.

Even if he dose kill one, its just ONE.  There will be more. Or- none! ohmy.gif

459904[/snapback]

What a lovely thought. Yeah, lets kill one for the sake of it, possibly a child-bearing or pregnant female. Doesn't matter, there'll be more...

Hmm. hmm.gif

i want a piece of nessies dna.

to guy that is going to harpoon nessie ONLY:

IF YOU finds and happen to capture nessie, call me and i will trade my chupa with you. i want to be the guy that captures nessie ya know. grin2.gif