Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

History Channel Show. Offensive???

danydandan

29 minutes ago, danydandan said:

It was in Italy, Switzerland and Sweden(I think) prior to The Treaty of Rome. And I'm nearly sure Spain weren't members of the EU when they hosted. Or was it they joined in 86 too?

Slightly more on topic, didn't France veto England's two applications to join the EU in the 60's?  They don't like the English.

The EU slowly but surely creating a communist community of European countries.

You're right. Spain hosted it in 1982 and joined the EU in 1986.

De Gaulle vetoed British EU membership twice - in 1963 and 1967. He didn't really like the British - even though we liberated his country just 20 years previously.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

When it comes to popular culture, like pop music, of course, the UK is second to none.

And hence why the UK started the downfall of humanity.

I found out yesterday David Bowie did a drum n bass album, what was he taking and smoking in order for him to think that was a good idea.

18 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

You're right. Spain hosted it in 1982 and joined the EU in 1986.

De Gaulle vetoed British EU membership twice - in 1963 and 1967. He didn't really like the British - even though we liberated his country just 20 years previously.

De Gaulle was very forgetful turning his time in power.

Withdrawal from NATO for example.

5 minutes ago, danydandan said:

And hence why the UK started the downfall of humanity.

I found out yesterday David Bowie did a drum n bass album, what was he taking and smoking in order for him to think that was a good idea.

Earthling.

Earthling (album).jpg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Earthling.

Earthling (album).jpg

You wouldn't see Bono releasing shi.........oh wait.

• Haha 1

Perhaps the "Ireland sovereignty" issue can be resolved without crude violence (on BOTH sides)

I say, if Ireland wants to be independent I'm all for that!!!

Nothing wrong with that.

Quite frankly, I feel that it is abundantly  clear that Ireland desires to be its own country, and England should both recognize this and move forward with official declaration.

10 hours ago, pallidin said:

Perhaps the "Ireland sovereignty" issue can be resolved without crude violence (on BOTH sides)

I say, if Ireland wants to be independent I'm all for that!!!

Nothing wrong with that.

Quite frankly, I feel that it is abundantly  clear that Ireland desires to be its own country, and England should both recognize this and move forward with official declaration.

The Republic of Ireland is its own country. Both RoI and the UK came to agreement in 1922.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The Republic of Ireland is its own country. Both RoI and the UK came to agreement in 1922.

Oh, Ok, I didn't know that... so what was all the fighting about a couple decades ago with the IRA if not for sovereignty? (I'm not a political history buff, so I don't know)

Edited by pallidin

Just saw this:

Politically, Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland (officially named Ireland), which covers five-sixths of the island, and Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

Northern Ireland became home to Scottish migrants, who did not want to leave the UK, when Ireland left the British fold, and that is the basic cause of the so called "troubles".

Checking under the car for a bomb was a daily ritual here in N.I and winning a political argument was exactly like this:

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

An agreement??? That made me laugh.

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

Oh, Ok, I didn't know that... so what was all the fighting about a couple decades ago with the IRA if not for sovereignty? (I'm not a political history buff, so I don't know)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence.

Pretty accurate.    

http://theirishwar.com/history/irish-war-of-independence/

Bit more in-depth.      

http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1326&context=jss

English intelligence based article. Quite interesting.

In regards to the troubles, it basically Irish people's in the North wanting a 32 Country republic and British people's wanting to remain in the UK. Both sides carried out horrendous and horrible things, both sides killed innocent people.

There is no such thing as glorious war.

What's more depressing, there is a possibility that Brexit will be the catalyst to such occurrence returning. If a boarder is put in place on land the Republican's will start off again, if a boarder is placed within the Irish sea the Unionists will kick off again. It's tragic that these events may return to or Island as a result. I can soon see Sinn Fein calling for a united Ireland referendum and the polls suggest that the results might be for a united Ireland.

34 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Checking under the car for a bomb was a daily ritual here in N.I and winning a political argument was exactly like this:

Hopefully these times will not return. Sadly they may. Depends on the outcome of Brexit. It seems the only place that might be effected is the North. Ireland, UK and the EU won't really be effected.

• Like 1

How a civilised people can even use Brexit as an excuse to resort to terrorism is beyond me, they need to bloody grow up.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

How a civilised people can even use Brexit as an excuse to resort to terrorism is beyond me, they need to bloody grow up.

Unfortunately that's just the way it is. Like or not. Extremist Unionists nor Republicans are civilised.

No one involved in war is civilsed.

Edited by danydandan
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Unfortunately that's just the way it is. Like or not. Extremist Unionists nor Republicans are civilised.

No one involved in war is civilsed.

well it shouldn't be "that's just the way it is"

anyone trying to return to the past should be shunned by their community. but then again those with that mindset are all low life criminals anyway into smuggling, drugs etc... so the community most probably will have had enough of them and blow them up to the police if they try to reignite the trouble of the past. (or you'd like to think so)

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

well it shouldn't be "that's just the way it is"

anyone trying to return to the past should be shunned by their community. but then again those with that mindset are all low life criminals anyway into smuggling, drugs etc... so the community most probably will have had enough of them and blow them up to the police if they try to reignite the trouble of the past. (or you'd like to think so)

Hopeful thinking unfortunately.

But as Jack Reacher always says, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Edited by danydandan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

But as Jack Reacher always says, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

That's a old American military maxim. 

• Like 1

Damn @danydandan   You have a hell of a thread going here. It's like a pileup on a 20 lane Beijing highway! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's a old American military maxim. 

A term coined by two English playwrights now an American maxim, championed by a fictional American character, written by an English man. Brilliant.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Damn @danydandan   You have a hell of a thread going here. It's like a pileup on a 20 lane Beijing highway! :lol: 

Hopefully it will get back on topic after the show airs.

Trying hard to ensure it doesn't turn into an us verses them thread. Where the English call us peasants unable to govern ourselves, and we call them war mongering colonialist who can't govern themselves, never mind anyone else.

Fact of the matter is every government in the world is fecked up.

Edited by danydandan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, danydandan said:

Hopefully it will get back on topic after the show airs.

Trying hard to ensure it doesn't turn into an us verses them thread. Where the English call us peasants unable to govern ourselves, and we call them war mongering colonialist who can't govern themselves, never mind anyone else.

Fact of the matter is every government in the world is fecked up.

the show was not even aired yet, but it's already achieving what it set to do, dividing population, and conditioning dislike\hate your own country

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aztek said:

the show was not even aired yet, but it's already achieving what it set to do, dividing population, and conditioning dislike\hate your own country

I'm Irish.

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

I'm Irish.

Peasant. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Peasant. 

Well.

You Feb.

• Sad 1