Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Déjà vu - You've Been Here Before

TigerBright19

Ever get the feeling like you've been somewhere or done something before when it's actually the first time?  When I first went to London I got a really odd feeling like I knew the city well and everything just looked really familiar.  I walked to every location across the city without needing directions, even at night, and I instinctively knew which streets to take.  It was the weirdest feeling.  I had this same experience in New York and again in Berlin.  When I went to Paris I hoped I would get that same feeling but I didn't and I was totally lost in Paris for 4 hours taking the wrong streets and going in circles with no idea where I was.  My deja vu appeared to be specific with only London, New York, and Berlin.  The funny thing is my grand father lived in London most of his life, and I recently discovered that my great grand father on my mother's side lived in New York and my father's side lived in Berlin.  Is it possible to inherit their memories?  Anyone experience deja vu?

Edited by Aaron2016

Plenty of people do, but it gets a little spooky when the sense you are in one of those moments, comes over you, and you know what the next sentence spoken, is going to be. And it is ! That really does make you wonder.

• Like 1

Feel like you’ve read this before? Most of us have experienced the eerie familiarity of déjà vu, and now the first brain scans of this phenomenon have revealed why – it’s a sign of our brain checking its memory.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2101089-mystery-of-deja-vu-explained-its-how-we-check-our-memories/

• Like 1