Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spend 30hrs in sealed coffin, win a prize

Eldorado

"Six Flags amusement park in Eureka, Mo., is holding a morbid contest for the brave – and not claustrophobic.

The theme park has announced a competition inviting guests to stay in a tight coffin for nearly 30 hours straight."

"Six Flags will provide six, deluxe, 2’ x 7’, slightly used coffins, as well as meals, snacks and drinks in bed, as well as a six-minute bathroom break every hour.

The coffin is also available to take home if the winner desires."

Full  details: http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/09/23/missouri-six-flags-holds-coffin-challenge-requiring-guests-to-stay-in-coffin-for-30-hours.html

"slightly used coffins" lol

(The prizes include two 2019 Gold Season Passes, a Fright Fest prize package, two VIP Haunted House passes and a ticket for two to ride the Freak Train for Freak Unleashed. The winner will also be entered in a drawing for a $300 prize.)

Edited by Eldorado
Forgot the prize list
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Uhh... nope...

• Like 2

And the price is to go home in a box...;-)

Edited by Avalanche
  • Haha 3

Nope..Notta! But they are not air tight...But you will suffocate in one thats for sure...I won't go into the reason they are not air tight.

• Like 2

Are guests allowed ? I'd feel better if I were not all by myself ...

~

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Nope. Not a chance. I’m having a hard time breathing just reading this. 

When I worked as an MRI technologist, I remember we had one poor lady who had to have regular, follow-up brain scans to watch for recurring cancer and she was SO claustrophobic that she had to be "consciously sedated".  She basically was brought right to the point of needing to be intubated like a surgical patient.  That is not a rare occurrence in a major hospital but she had to have it done before she was brought even into the same room with the magnet.  It's normally done once the patient is on the gantry table but before being placed inside the magnet bore.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They should put up some Disco lights in the MRI machine they should ... and play some Donna Summer ... or Gloria Gaynor's I will Survive ...

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Random salesman: "Hey I have an idea! What about we create an contest to see who's actually stupid enough to do it?"

Competitors: "That sounds like a good idea!"

Me: *face palms*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Miss Meeseeks said:

Random salesman: "Hey I have an idea! What about we create an contest to see who's actually stupid enough to do it?"

Competitors: "That sounds like a good idea!"

Me: *face palms*

I hope they thought it through. The hold your wee for a wii by a radio station competition a couple years ago ended with a fatality. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm pretty sure that with the help from some rohypnol I could persuade my other half into doing this challenge. Hell, I'd even be willing to double the prize money too.

• Haha 1

Wow, I actually just drove through St. Louis. I live in Missouri. This dosent surprise me with the amount of stupid here. 300 dollars for 30 hours....that's barely minimum wage...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minuets every hour to use the bathroom and walkaround. Plus snacks and food, that's easy lol.

I would need it to be more then 300 though or else it's not worth 30 hours of my life lol

• Like 1

I cant find solid medical documentation  about Mass hysteria and under what circumstances it occurs. I always find hardly digestible the fact that more than two people will be affected by a certain occurrence in the same time under the same circumstances and manifesting the same behaviors. The odds are increasing whenever there's more people being affected under the same circumstances.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Confused 2

I can't think of an analogy to convey how ridiculous this is. I do wonder what was said amongst the six flags higher ups behind closed doors regarding the folks who take them up on this offer.

Very much a 'want the money or not? dance monkey' situation. Poor folks with kids will do this. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

Wow, I actually just drove through St. Louis. I live in Missouri. This dosent surprise me with the amount of stupid here. 300 dollars for 30 hours....that's barely minimum wage...

And it could be a lot less than minimum wage.

From the OP;  "The winner will also be entered in a drawing for a $300 prize"

Gotta read the small print!

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 5:53 PM, third_eye said:

Are guests allowed ? I'd feel better if I were not all by myself ...

~

I'm sure you can have an insect or two.  Anyone remember the old song.. "Did you ever think when a Hearst went by, the you may be the next to Die!"  If they play that in the background, I'd bet no one would stay in the full 30 hours.

• Haha 2

Not only do you risk losing, but the $300 is based on a raffle ticket given to the winners. They already have 28k+ entries. Hype has made people gone mental, they have no respect for themselves. They offer food and drinks and a 6 minute break every hour, gonna laugh if they gonna slip some laxatives to reduce the amount of players there to get free food.

Edited by Trenix
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What do they mean by slightly used?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

What do they mean by slightly used?

Rested in but not buried with

~

• Haha 1

I saw the ad on my Facebook page. I'd totally do it if I lived closer. $300 bucks wouldn't even cover my trip out there.