Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness Monster spotted on Google Earth

Eldorado

An American mother has turned up a mysterious image of Loch Ness by trawling through Google Earth shots taken three years ago.

Lisa Stout’s startling discovery has now been accepted as the ninth sighting of the monster this year by the Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register – and further highlights more and more people are hunting Nessie around the world through the web.

Pic and article: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/1569993/woman-has-nessie-in-her-sights-by-using-google/

Nessie lives!

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh-thats-just-turrible.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Oh, for goodness' sake! It could be absolutely anything!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oh, wow. I wonder why she lost her job?

Not that that has anything to do with anything. 

But it’s exactly the same, in that 99% of the content of article has nothing to do with the ‘sighting’. 

Maybe the Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register have lowered their classification of what constitutes a sighting, due to the reduction in sightings, and due to the overwhelming evidence in favour of the mythical creature not existing. 

Edited by Timothy
Comma and addition to last paragraph.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Oh, wow. I wonder why she lost her job?

Not that that has anything to do with anything. 

But it’s exactly the same, in that 99% of the content of article has nothing to do with the ‘sighting’. 

Maybe the Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register have lowered their classification of what constitutes a sighting, due to the reduction in sightings, and due to the overwhelming evidence in favour of the mythical creature not existing. 

Funny thing,  now that everyone has a camera with them all the time sightings bigfoot, nessie, UFOs, hyraxs, have all but ended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Oh, for goodness' sake! It could be absolutely anything!

And/or Nessie

Apparently

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Funny thing,  now that everyone has a camera with them all the time sightings bigfoot, nessie, UFOs, hyraxs, have all but ended.

No it hasn't.... 

Someone took a photo of something...somewhere...

And dubbed it Nessie/UFO/hyraxs...

Its up to us(gestures into space) to disprove it.

• Like 1

Just now, DebDandelion said:

No it hasn't.... 

Someone took a photo of something...somewhere...

And dubbed it Nessie/UFO/hyraxs...

Its up to us(gestures into space) to disprove it.

Whatever you need to tell yourself

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself

I am in full agreement with you. I am just saying that is the perception out there

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The fabled hyrax has evaded UM for too long. This sighting could be enough to reignite that discussion?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Broken branch/tree.

image.png.992bd1745e084df2867a5319bb71ec39.png

Its NESSIE

(I just had to...I am sorry)

Edited by DebDandelion
I am seeing a Lama head tho...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

Its NESSIE

(I just had to...I am sorry)

I thought it was nemo as in finding nemo

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Resume said:

I thought it was just bigfooters that were baffled by branches.

Well played. Lol

• Like 3

If there is a crypid in Loch Ness, the British Royal Navy would find it in a weekend if they were so inclined.  Surely the royal navy could spare the necessary resources required?  I doubt it would take a significant amount of manpower away from national defense.

• Like 1

Very interestingpic 

• Like 1

I've learnt a lot on this thread, although it was restricted to the topic of the competency of the "Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register"...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I've learnt a lot on this thread, although it was restricted to the topic of the competency of the "Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register"...

Bit of a shame, hey? 

Quite ironic. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think jumping to any dismissive conclusion is foolish. There are more cameras and people out and about today but the pics seem to be dwindling. Is it because there are less fakers than in the past? Is it because we as a society are more inclined to shake our heads and disbelieve our eyes based on programming? Or could it be to some degree, the reality that any such submission comes with a veritable crown of thorns, and that the path left before any witness is fraught with great potential for personal loss on all fronts?

That picture is curious to me. I am inclined to question it just as quickly as I am inclined NOT to dismiss it or write it off as the perfect, happenstance confluence of wood, branches, motion, environmental factors and pose.

I for one believe that there are things less physical and more outer-realm that can flit into our moment and affect us....for the rest of our lives.

Edited by Ned Merrill
rephrase

On 9/26/2018 at 12:32 PM, Resume said:

I thought it was just bigfooters that were baffled by branches.

And which branch of bafflement would that be ? The Paranormal Cryptologists or the Supernatural Mystics ?

~

On 15/10/2018 at 2:01 AM, Ned Merrill said:

I think jumping to any dismissive conclusion is foolish. There are more cameras and people out and about today but the pics seem to be dwindling. Is it because there are less fakers than in the past? Is it because we as a society are more inclined to shake our heads and disbelieve our eyes based on programming? Or could it be to some degree, the reality that any such submission comes with a veritable crown of thorns, and that the path left before any witness is fraught with great potential for personal loss on all fronts?

A fabulous and fantastic dissertation there, Ned, but could you have missed the one rather obvious reason?

Could it possibly be that with better cameras/binoculars, the 'thing' is resolved as something NOT worthy of photographing...?

We surveill our planet like never before, and I submit that the reason why unresolved sightings are dwindling, is that nowadays we can resolve almost all of them, and most of those that are left are resolved by someone else with a camera .. much nearer to it. 

Edited by ChrLzs