Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Japanese cafe to be staffed by robot waiters

Seti42

If the robots are being operated by people instead of replacing people (disabled or not) I'm all for the idea. Personally, I wouldn't mind working from home controlling a robot waiter, factory worker, construction worker, etc. Essentially getting paid to work from home playing a video game for 6-8 hours a day sounds pretty OK to me.

• Like 2

third_eye

I wonder if the Military Industrial Complex will adopt such an idea for all future War Games ...

~

TripGun

I will probably get those free bread sticks they never hand out and with a side order of end of the world magic.

aztek
2 hours ago, third_eye said:

I wonder if the Military Industrial Complex will adopt such an idea for all future War Games ...

~

they already have, drone operators

third_eye
54 minutes ago, aztek said:

they already have, drone operators

the warriors of the future eh ?

~

~

[00.02:22]

The Caspian Hare

5 hours ago, Seti42 said:

If the robots are being operated by people instead of replacing people (disabled or not) I'm all for the idea. Personally, I wouldn't mind working from home controlling a robot waiter, factory worker, construction worker, etc. Essentially getting paid to work from home playing a video game for 6-8 hours a day sounds pretty OK to me.

Pretty much everyone gets some kind of job in Japan. In a weird way it's like the old communist countries where they created as many make-work jobs as necessary for there to be 100% employment.

DieChecker

I thought they already had such cafes? I saw one on Youtube the other day where the cafe owner programmed a industrial robot arm to deliver sushi to customers from the kitchen.

paperdyer

It's a great idea as long as the disabled earn enough to make a living and not just pay them peanuts to make a show out of it.  BTW - Who gets to keep the tips?   The robot or the operator?

• Like 1