Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japanese cafe to be staffed by robot waiters

UM-Bot

If the robots are being operated by people instead of replacing people (disabled or not) I'm all for the idea. Personally, I wouldn't mind working from home controlling a robot waiter, factory worker, construction worker, etc. Essentially getting paid to work from home playing a video game for 6-8 hours a day sounds pretty OK to me.

• Like 2

I wonder if the Military Industrial Complex will adopt such an idea for all future War Games ...

~

I will probably get those free bread sticks they never hand out and with a side order of end of the world magic.

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

I wonder if the Military Industrial Complex will adopt such an idea for all future War Games ...

~

they already have, drone operators

54 minutes ago, aztek said:

they already have, drone operators

the warriors of the future eh ?

~

~

[00.02:22]

5 hours ago, Seti42 said:

If the robots are being operated by people instead of replacing people (disabled or not) I'm all for the idea. Personally, I wouldn't mind working from home controlling a robot waiter, factory worker, construction worker, etc. Essentially getting paid to work from home playing a video game for 6-8 hours a day sounds pretty OK to me.

Pretty much everyone gets some kind of job in Japan. In a weird way it's like the old communist countries where they created as many make-work jobs as necessary for there to be 100% employment.

I thought they already had such cafes? I saw one on Youtube the other day where the cafe owner programmed a industrial robot arm to deliver sushi to customers from the kitchen.

It's a great idea as long as the disabled earn enough to make a living and not just pay them peanuts to make a show out of it.  BTW - Who gets to keep the tips?   The robot or the operator?

• Like 1