Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mars could have supported life underground

UM-Bot

While the study does not prove that microbial life actually did once live in the Martian soil, it does add to the growing body of evidence suggesting that Mars could have supported life in the distant past.

Could have ..... if this is no proof of this then how can it be added to "evidence".

I do not think you have to be a scientist to speculate there could have been life on Mars, but i would have thought a researcher would have produced more than a 'could have', we can all do that.

Yes, anyone can speculate that there may have once been primitive life on Mars.

This is further scientific evidence in support of that speculation :) 

Mars is a good litmus test for life, so many conditions for life to happen were present on Mars in the past, if we don't find life there then it's reasonable to think that life might not exist elsewhere and it needs conditions exactly like earth.

Interesting. Perhaps once people are actually living there, they'll be able to go research on such things MUCH faster?

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Could have ..... if this is no proof of this then how can it be added to "evidence".

I do not think you have to be a scientist to speculate there could have been life on Mars, but i would have thought a researcher would have produced more than a 'could have', we can all do that.

No you don't.  Anyone can speculate.  Only scientists get money to speculate further.  You & I don't