Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO 'death ray' made Korean War GIs sick

UM-Bot

@seanjo

The aliens will be extremely offended by your terrestrial explanation. Be warned... You will be first in line for the next round of probing. :yes:

• Haha 1

Regardless, M*A*S*H could have had a great episode  with Frank Burns looking and preparing for the UFO to return will all sorts of weird things he'd make.

Lots of nuclear experiments going on at that time. I'd say if genuine, black ops, which I feel well explains the Cash Landrum case as well. 

Similar thing happened to me in the 70's. Pulled up to my home in the country at night, as I got out of the car a bright red glow was shining on the top of the car, and also onto my right side of my body. No noise, Iooked up at this round red glowing hovering ball, and then it just vanished. I am now radioactive on my right side of my body. This thing made our dogs go really quiet, they always used to bark when we drove up the driveway. TV wouldnt work we we went inside. Tv repair guy said the crystals had been burnt out??? didnt know tv's even had crystals in them.

9 minutes ago, Barkinghorse said:

Similar thing happened to me in the 70's. Pulled up to my home in the country at night, as I got out of the car a bright red glow was shining on the top of the car, and also onto my right side of my body. No noise, Iooked up at this round red glowing hovering ball, and then it just vanished. I am now radioactive on my right side of my body. This thing made our dogs go really quiet, they always used to bark when we drove up the driveway. TV wouldnt work we we went inside. Tv repair guy said the crystals had been burnt out??? didnt know tv's even had crystals in them.

So after 40 years you're still radioactive?

3 minutes ago, Barkinghorse said:

Yes as per my brothers geiger counter.

And you've never been to a doctor?

10 minutes ago, Barkinghorse said:

What does it read? Have you tried any other counter?

Why does your bro have one?

Edited by internetperson

Couldnt give a rats about it. Brother has a geiger cause hes one of those survivalist guys. Just ran it over me as a joke, and there it was.

Dont really give a flying **** if you believe it or not. Just telling what happened

3 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

Couldnt give a rats about it. Brother has a geiger cause hes one of those survivalist guys. Just ran it over me as a joke, and there it was.

Dont really give a flying **** if you believe it or not. Just telling what happened

Why are you still alive? Someone who is radioactive is different from someone exposed to radiation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fairly certain these can be attributed to the effects of chemical and biological warfare. I would like to see that M*A*S*H episode with the aliens though.

8 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

Calm down crazy, I was genuinely interested in the geiger thing as this is a simple test that can be repeated. If this truly happened and you have extraordinary evidence then that'd be really interesting. Nobodies gonna listen if you spaz out after the first round of questioning. 

It's not that I don't trust/believe you, it's that I don't trust anybody right off the bat. People lie about bs all the time I'm sure you know this so why would I believe your story? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

Unprovoked aggressive/defensive reactions are typically a sign of lying. 

So being irradiated doesn't bother you? It sounds like you don't actually understand what you're saying. It would be like someone having a heart attack but they're unaware heart attacks mean a serious health problem.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

What did your doctor say?

Just ran it over me as a joke, and there it was.

How many time over all these years has he run the geiger counter over you?

• Like 2

Geiger once only. Although the reading is not severe, but it is more than anyone else, by quite a bit. And one side only. Geiger was only done lately, didnt have a clue about it all there years up to now.

11 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

Yep, seen this approach before - as soon as a couple of questions are asked, the claimant feigns anger and sudden disinterest and doesn't want to prove anything.

Well, Barking (how apt), I don't give a .... for your story.  Unless..

You could start with showing a short, easy to make video of the Geiger counter reading the background, followed by you moving your 'radioactive' bits near to it, in a way that showed nothing was being hidden, followed by getting another 'non-radioactive' person doing the same..

Yeah I know, you don't care if we don't believe you - which is just as well, really...........

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

Geiger once only. Although the reading is not severe, but it is more than anyone else, by quite a bit. And one side only. Geiger was only done lately, didnt have a clue about it all there years up to now.

How about your brother was playing (see bold) on you?

12 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

Just ran it over me as a joke, and there it was

You are saying that in the 70's you became radioactive by some red glow, but only have found out recently because your brother  passed a geiger over you as a joke?

Please read up about radioactivity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

Why do you attribute your radioactivity to your sighting if the event and reading are years apart?

Edited by stereologist

Cant think of any other event that could have done it.

Unless someone can give me one.  And while youre at it, explain what the red ball was, how it vanished, and what happened to my Tv and dogs.

Oh and also why i would lie, just to put up with all the crap you guys lay on me.

31 minutes ago, Barkinghorse said:

And while youre at it, explain what the red ball was, how it vanished, and what happened to my Tv and dogs.

If this were an auto forum and you were posting engine problems even a master mechanic may say that they can't help you short of physically being there and diagnosing. Or if you wanna know why your plants aren't growing, a master gardener will have to physically gather more info. What do you want us to tell you? 

For what it's worth I don't think your lying I just don't put much thought in it. Know what I mean? Don't mean to be a jerk.

Oh and also why i would lie

Rhetorical question: Have you ever a liar say this? 

just to put up with all the crap you guys lay on me.

I try not to be a jerk but it's hard. Folks take advantage of me then I have to check them in place which is hard for me to articulate on the net. I like face to face communication. 

EDIT: Oh! almost forgot this forum is a bit rough at times. Try posting in other areas, get to know how the mop flops so to speak then you'll feel more at home. But yeah, people will **** on you in a heartbeat.

Edited by internetperson

14 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

Cant think of any other event that could have done it.

Unless someone can give me one.  And while youre at it, explain what the red ball was, how it vanished, and what happened to my Tv and dogs.

Oh and also why i would lie, just to put up with all the crap you guys lay on me.

It doesn't take an event. It could happen over time. Humans do not have symmetrical interiors. There is no reason to assume that anything should be distributed evenly. For example, an airborne contamination would go to our lungs. Some radioactive materials are deposited in the larger bones. Radioactive materials can be ingested, absorbed or injected as well as inhaled. It is the simple fact that materials are not evenly distributed that allows medical personnel to identify particular areas of the body that are of interest. If your body were evenly radioactive then that would be of interest.

The red ball probably has nothing at all to do with the Geiger counter reading. 

• Like 1