Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Ouija board sparks mass hysteria at school

134 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

In a shocking incident, a group of 30 students reportedly suffered ‘hysteria’ after playing with a Ouija board at a boarding school in Peru.

The daughter of a teacher brought a book of black magic and the Ouija board to the school in San Jode de Saramuro in the Loretoregion, according to local media reports.

According to reports, she allegedly encouraged fellow students to play with the Ouija board.

https://deccanchronicle.com/lifestyle/viral-and-trending/260918/children-suffer-hysteria-after-playing-with-ouija-board-at-peru-boar.html

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

According to reports, she allegedly encouraged fellow students to play with the Ouija board.

Oh yeah! That never turns out good! If I go one month without someone contacting me about a problem because of one of them it's unusual.

The human mind is very susceptible to the power of suggestion and can create some nasty "thought forms". Especially among the more superstitious spiritual traditions. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mystify

Playing with a is asking for trouble. There is no way of knowing who or what you contact. Infact you have to rely on what or who they tell you they are, and that can be anyone or anything. This is the worst kind of Russian Roulette out there IMO

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

My cousin and I made a ouija board when I was 13 or so and it creeped us out so much, telling us unsolicited things like at what age I would die and say things like the world will hate you forever.  Finally when asked who we were talking to it said god then changed the answer to satan.  We put it in the fire place and lit it, the fire turned several unatural colors which looking back may just have been chemicals in the cardboard we made it out of.  We accused one another of pushing the planchette and spent the rest of the day mad at each other. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1

This is why the wiser spiritual sources (that believe in spiritual planes) tell us not to mess with the Ouija and Black Magic. Actually that many high energy young people is I think a prime atmosphere for stirring up genuine activity.

Now the possibility that is consistent with a wholly materialistic view of reality would be that all the extreme reactions are psychosomatic. To me it is a stretch to think that  that much physical trauma and drama can be stirred up that way. However it is still a possibility but not the most likely explanation, IMO. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gary Meadows

Nonsense.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EsotericScience

I guess this could be a case of mass hysteria but I have strong doubts about that. Like papageorge said for that many people to react that violently hysteria seems very unlikely to me unless each & every one of them was under the influence of mind altering drugs or they all suffered from similar mental illnesses.

I'm definitely leaning more toward that they actually did open a conduit & had an adverse reaction to something negative I just hope they didn't leave it open & that they won't dabbling in necromancy anymore.

Edited by EsotericScience
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 minutes ago, EsotericScience said:

I guess this could be a case of mass hysteria but I have strong doubts about that. Like papageorge said for that many people to react that violently hysteria seems very unlikely to me unless each & every one of them was under the influence of mind altering drugs or they all suffered from similar mental illnesses.

I'm definitely leaning more toward that they actually did open a conduit & had an adverse reaction to something negative I just hope they didn't leave it open & that they won't dabbling in necromancy anymore.

Oh please. Are you serious. There's nothing to this. Just people letting their imaginations get to them. It's nothing more than a memetic virus spread through fear and superstitions. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtyDocMartens
2 hours ago, EsotericScience said:

I'm definitely leaning more toward that they actually did open a conduit & had an adverse reaction to something negative I just hope they didn't leave it open & that they won't dabbling in necromancy anymore.

Just like in that documentary, "Ghostbusters ".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EsotericScience
1 minute ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Just like in that documentary, "Ghostbusters ".

lol Exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
8 minutes ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Just like in that documentary, "Ghostbusters ".

"Are you a god?"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark One

Ouija boards are a doormat that shout out hi or welcome.  The users with their focus open the mats door just by toying with such things.  And we've all heard the bad news associated with such channelling devices too.  What isn't well known though is in how an invited entity can attach to a member of the group playing and let weeks, months, even years pass before they start screwing with your life.

Imagine a realm, or a space between spaces or the gap between density's and picture hoards of like for likes who have by their own choices found themselves unable to move on.  This desperate  collective rush forth when ever the pyschic signal of a teenage group asking the board presents itself.

 

These beings then join the group and seek out a member who has a desirable degree of what we currently call pyschic energy.  They then settle or interface with that person and anchor themselves safley into our world again 

 

Never play with such things!  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
18 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Ouija boards are a doormat that shout out hi or welcome.  The users with their focus open the mats door just by toying with such things.  And we've all heard the bad news associated with such channelling devices too.  What isn't well known though is in how an invited entity can attach to a member of the group playing and let weeks, months, even years pass before they start screwing with your life.

Imagine a realm, or a space between spaces or the gap between density's and picture hoards of like for likes who have by their own choices found themselves unable to move on.  This desperate  collective rush forth when ever the pyschic signal of a teenage group asking the board presents itself.

 

These beings then join the group and seek out a member who has a desirable degree of what we currently call pyschic energy.  They then settle or interface with that person and anchor themselves safley into our world again 

 

Never play with such things!  

I have. I have also summoned the dead on Halloween. Conjured demons, invoke angels. Dude, it's all your belief fueled imagination. Ever wonder why those who don't believe never have problems with this stuff? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark One
40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I have. I have also summoned the dead on Halloween. Conjured demons, invoke angels. Dude, it's all your belief fueled imagination. Ever wonder why those who don't believe never have problems with this stuff? 

Stand in my shoes then.  And witness yourself reading that reply.  Love you baby :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
14 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Stand in my shoes then.  And witness yourself reading that reply.  Love you baby :)

And what claim can you make that could change my mind? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highdesert50

Our perceptions are shaped by our beliefs. Our actions become the consequence of our beliefs. If we share similar beliefs to those of our peer group, then those beliefs can be reinforced given comparable expectations. Your beliefs regarding the ouija board are filtering your interpretations and responses to this event. One always has to ask, though, if a belief is beneficial or ultimately self-defeating.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, highdesert50 said:

Our perceptions are shaped by our beliefs. Our actions become the consequence of our beliefs. If we share similar beliefs to those of our peer group, then those beliefs can be reinforced given comparable expectations. Your beliefs regarding the ouija board are filtering your interpretations and responses to this event. One always has to ask, though, if a belief is beneficial or ultimately self-defeating.

Or does that belief generate a false positive. Which further reinforces magical thinking and confirmation bias. At worst self-delusion. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanL

I am sort of in the middle on this. Basically it is becoming more and more obvious that belief has the power to make things happen in a physical way. The placebo effect is becoming more and more understood as a real effect. In primitive societies a death curse on a person that believes can be a killer. 

I've often believed that an Ouija board is a way to allow certain parts of the subconscious to sort of come out and "play". I don't really go for the demons and such but have experience with subconscious communications. Your subconscious is always there but seeing the world through much different filters. 

For kids this is much easier for them to step across the line from a reality based world view to a fantasy based view. They often live halfway there most of the time anyway. This makes it very easy for emotional responses to travel through a group. A ouija board can bare violent feelings that seem to swirl in kids a way out. 

Edited by DanL
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

Ignorance knows no bounds. I believe that my intelligence measurably dropped after reading this.

And of COURSE you take a convulsing child to an evangelical church. Hospitals are for heathens.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unfortunately

"He's bleeding from the eyes and convulsing! Quick! Bring the [insert holy item here]!"

Hospitals people. They aren't just for wishful thinking. Call the church afterward if you need reassurance, but let the doctors do what they're good at.

:rolleyes:

Definitely agree with Xeno on this one, sounds like a bit of hysteria to me. You also have to take the local culture into account, they have a tendency toward superstition, which inevitably (imo) makes them more susceptible to situations like this. Someone who is educated in knowing when their body is going through too much trauma (be it from shock, fear, pain etc) is more able to get themselves under control before hysteria kicks in.

Putting a bunch of superstitious kids in a classroom with a ouija board is bound to cause them some excitement/distress, so when one person succumbs to hysterics more are likely to follow.

Edited by Unfortunately
Added 'superstitious'
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

This is why the wiser spiritual sources (that believe in spiritual planes)

You never mention your "sources" seriously harming you credibility. 

What Hindu Temple are you affiliated with? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
6 minutes ago, Piney said:

You never mention your "sources" seriously harming you credibility. 

What Hindu Temple are you affiliated with? 

Wait....PG uses sources? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, XenoFish said:

Wait....PG uses sources? 

I can state the Buddhist side of my family's affiliation. 

Seabrook Buddhist Temple, Upper Deerfield, New Jersey. It has close ties with the Vineland Sikh Temple and Cherry Hill Hindu Temple.

He's always claiming enlightened Hindu. There's Temples in the Detroit area. I want to know if he actually studied under a Guru. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.