Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija board sparks mass hysteria at school

Still Waters

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I can state the Buddhist side of my family's affiliation. 

Seabrook Buddhist Temple, Upper Deerfield, New Jersey. It has close ties with the Vineland Sikh Temple and Cherry Hill Hindu Temple.

He's always claiming enlightened Hindu. There's Temples in the Detroit area. I want to know if he actually studied under a Guru. 

I think he's more of a sidelines player than on the field. Armchair commando.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think he's more of a sidelines player than on the field. Armchair commando.

You see me doing mental gymnastics to get Tendai Buddhist and Algonquian concepts across in English.  

I just notice he's gets many of the Asian concepts wrong and I'm assuming it's Newage and Theosophical  distortion. I neither have the time or energy to look into it. I know some of it's Theosophy, some monks and the Dalai Lama himself cater to Theosophists thinking they'll wise up. I don't think they will. 

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

You see me doing mental gymnastics to get Tendai Buddhist and Algonquian concepts across in English.  

I just notice he's gets many of the Asian concepts wrong and I'm assuming it's Newage and Theosophical  distortion. I neither have the time or energy to look into it. I know some of it's Theosophy, some monks and the Dalai Lama himself cater to Theosophists thinking they'll wise up. I don't think they will. 

The only thing that gets to me are the "invisible sources" so often asked for. The ones we never get. Just woo recycling to me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mystify said:

Playing with a is asking for trouble. There is no way of knowing who or what you contact. Infact you have to rely on what or who they tell you they are, and that can be anyone or anything. This is the worst kind of Russian Roulette out there IMO

Yes there is knowing.

You contact noone, it is a case of a group of youngsters playing about with 'mind games' and believing they are contacting (cough)  dead people.

The really worrying thing about this is these young students are our next generation, they should be concentrating on their education and what they can achieve in life. 

14 hours ago, EsotericScience said:

that many people to react that violently hysteria seems very unlikely to me unless each & every one of them was under the influence of mind altering drugs or they all suffered from similar mental illnesses.

This is humans for you, they can and do react like that. 

I point out this part in the article:

1. that "it excludes symptoms deliberately provoked in groups gathered for that purpose," such as when someone intentionally gathers a group of people and convinces them that they are collectively experiencing a psychological or physiological symptom
  2. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/amp/322607

Note this is what happened here, 

"According to reports, she allegedly encouraged fellow students to play with the Ouiji board."

They believed in it and freaked themselves out. As one screams, the next screams...etc etc etc.

Mass hysteria is not new and there are explanations....dead folks are not to blame, those living and playing with mind board games are. 

• Like 2

Perceptions become a person's reality, right or wrong when compared to the masses.  I just want to know where the book of Black Magic came from?  The School Library, perhaps?

7 hours ago, Piney said:

You never mention your "sources" seriously harming you credibility. 

What Hindu Temple are you affiliated with? 

On paranormal subjects my sources are many including Theosophical and clairvoyant sources I judge worthy of my respect.

I am not a member of any Hindu Temple or group. Primarily I am a follower of the Advaita (non-dual=God and us/creation are not-two) philosophy. This philosophy also pervades much of so-called western New Age thinking.

i take the consensus view of the many I respect so I don’t usually focus on individual names in my comments.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

On paranormal subjects my sources are many including Theosophical and clairvoyant sources I judge worthy of my respect.

*sigh*......ok, I'm done...:mellow:

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

*sigh*......ok, I'm done...:mellow:

Not sure what your point is there???? I don’t hold learning about physics, chemistry, paranormal to be do-it-yourself from scratch fields if that has anything to do with your point. I believe smarter people than you and me have been out there contributing.

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe smarter people than you and me have been out there contributing.

When the smarter people contribute. You scream scientism and materialism. You've chosen to be ignorant of one half of skepticism. You have neglected the science part. If you actually look into a lot of these instances you can see where they fail the paranormal test. And you'll also see where there are very few that make you still question. Since you do not do this, you act like a believer instead of a questioning believer or a skeptic. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

When the smarter people contribute. You scream scientism and materialism. You've chosen to be ignorant of one half of skepticism. You have neglected the science part. If you actually look into a lot of these instances you can see where they fail the paranormal test. And you'll also see where there are very few that make you still question. Since you do not do this, you act like a believer instead of a questioning believer or a skeptic. 

I always give the materialist position its due consideration. And I objectively conclude that with the quantity, quality and consistency of evidence suggesting the so-called paranormal, that the ‘believers’ side in general carries the day and that we live in a universe of mind-boggling depth and mystery.

39 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I always give the materialist position its due consideration. And I objectively conclude that with the quantity, quality and consistency of evidence suggesting the so-called paranormal, that the ‘believers’ side in general carries the day and that we live in a universe of mind-boggling depth and mystery.

Then why does the believers side crumble when put under scrutiny?

Yep the universe is interesting. But why fill in the blanks with nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Not sure what your point is there???? I don’t hold learning about physics, chemistry, paranormal to be do-it-yourself from scratch fields if that has anything to do with your point. I believe smarter people than you and me have been out there contributing.

I'm nothing but a former Cultural Resource Officer ( The technical term for a "Wisdom Keeper") and former Tribal Security Officer with night courses, education wise.  

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

clairvoyant sources I judge worthy of my respect.

It's the 21st Century, not the Dark Ages.

You have no common sense whatsoever....Nor are you willing to learn from someone with experience in many matters here...

Like I said, I'm done....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then why does the believers side crumble when put under scrutiny?

It doesn’t crimble under scrutiny is my reached position.

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

You have no common sense whatsoever....Nor are you willing to learn from someone with experience in many matters here...

Like I said, I'm done....

I will consider any source.

Your ego seems almost comical above but I think you are being serious?

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I will consider any source.

Your ego seems almost comical above but I think you are being serious?

What ego?

I proved Cayce lied yet you still believe him. What's there to consider? 

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It doesn’t crimble under scrutiny is my reached position.

From where I'm standing you're not on solid ground. You believe everything from an armchair position. There has only been one believer in the paranormal on this forum that has ever made me rethink my position and I haven't seen him here in forever. You're not that person. He did stuff. You don't. You have never ghost hunted, used a ouija board, attempted to summon a spirit, tried to develop psychic abilities or test psychics. You're an armchair commando. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

What ego?

I proved Cayce lied yet you still believe him. What's there to consider? 

Ya, that ego right there.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Ya, that ego right there.

Could you explain that statement??

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

From where I'm standing you're not on solid ground. You believe everything from an armchair position. There has only been one believer in the paranormal on this forum that has ever made me rethink my position and I haven't seen him here in forever. You're not that person. He did stuff. You don't. You have never ghost hunted, used a ouija board, attempted to summon a spirit, tried to develop psychic abilities or test psychics. You're an armchair commando. 

I’ve never gone to the moon but I’ll learn from those that have been involved in the process. Makes sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Could you explain that statement??

Equating all your positions on various subjects to facts is almost comical.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I’ve never gone to the moon but I’ll learn from those that have been involved in the process. Makes sense to me.

Not the point. This stuff can be done at home. Ghost hunting can be done with permission, if you're wanting to hunt in an abandon location. 

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Equating all your positions on various subjects to facts is almost comical.

It's a fact that the Adena were a extension of the Glacial Kame Culture and came from the North. Not the Yucatan 

It's a fact that the 6 Nations have no "Aristocracy". Our chiefs are elected by women.

What's there to consider? He lied. 

Edited by Piney

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Yeah see this is where you are going wrong. You are judging and giving far too much respect to frauds. But lets not go there with Blavatsky, she was proven to be a fraud, its no secret. 

As for claivoyants, they see nothing, they use guesses and work on the gullible who unknowingly give them the material they want. 

• Thanks 4