Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something moving in bed

LouiseB

4 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Could be the position you’re sleeping in. Do you sleep in you back in bed? Maybe you have sleep apnea. 

Position is the same. I also have back ache sometimes and always sleep in fetal postion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I wrote before, I managed to solve it (temporarily) by sleeping on the couch, which is covered in leather. It looks like these extra-dimensional beings cannot move through thick/hard materials easily. Sometime they still bother me but they are very weak. I also had to give up my duvet, as it showed the same problem. Now I use a thick wool bedsheet and it's okay. I am just worried about the time when I will have to move away from home. I really hope they won't follow and pester me again, as they have done when I went to the UK... Let's keep updating each other, in case we find out something more.

Best of luck

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, Riccardo94 said:

Hi guys.

I am so happy that I found this forum and this topic in particular! I thought I was the only one experiencing this awkward phenomenon, but now I know there are many other people who passed through this, and it took only a few minutes for me to realize that we're all describing pretty much the same kind of thing. That's why I wanted to share my experience with you, so as to pile up as much info as we can and try to figure out what this whole thing is about. First and foremost, forgive me if you find some minor mistakes, I am not a native speaker and the story I am about to share is pretty long, and I would take me a while to revise it. Some of the insights I am going to share may be completely new for you, and I found no trace of them by scraping this discussion. At the same time, I couldn't read it all, and I would really appreciate if you could tell me your opinions about some of these things, since I believe that we can come up with some sort of solution if we keep updating each other about this annoying phenomenon and its features. Warning: this post is going to be reeeeally long, as I want to give you as much info as I can and hear your comments. So... here we go:

The story I am about to share is divided in 3 parts, describing 3 different phenomena, all related among each other. The "bed-shaking" stuff is just the last one, but I have reasons to believe that the other two may be relevant. Also important to point out that before experiencing this kind of things I didn't believe in paranormal and due to my scientific education was 100% convinced that there was a rational explanation for everything. Now, I wouldn't even dream of finding a rational explanation. 

First part: taking place 2 years ago when I was 23 (like some of you who wrote here). I was lying in my bed, when for the first time I started to feel those famous vibrations, all over my body. At first I took no notice of course. But after a while they became stronger and stronger, until I had my first OBE. This is very important, as the OBEs are the conductive thread which links all the 3 experiences, apparently very different from one another. You can imagine my reaction at the time... after 23 years of straight atheism, now I had the unexceptionable proof that the soul was real... a bit of a shock, but nothing compared to what happened later. As months passed, OBEs became the norm, I started having them every other day. Of course I took into account the hypothesis of a neurological damage and underwent MRI which revealed nothing. After some time I had the first serious paranormal experience of my life. Without elaborating too much: I "woke up" in my bed and immediately realized that there was something wrong. I was naked and my body was surrounded by what I would describe as a feeble light aura. My first thought was to go to my parents' bedroom to ask for help, as I was sh**** myself. As I entered my parents bedroom, they were already there, sat on the bed waiting for me. My body moved on its own and I reached my father's side and hold his hand as strongly as I could. We looked each others in the eyes and after a few seconds I felt some deep feeling of peace inside me and I woke up in my bed (with my clothes this time!). I can assure you it was 100% real and had nothing to do with a dream. The difference was so evident that I didn't even bother looking for a scientific explanation. Moreover, I have always had a terrible relationship with my father, and at the time I was having some really bad thoughts about him... I just interpreted this fact as a kind of divine intervention to reconnect me to my dad, and stopped thinking about it. For about 6-7 months nothing happened anymore (apart from OBEs), until...

Second part: flash forward to the new academic year: I was studying at Cambridge for a postgraduate Diploma. Very hard course coupled with insane workload, as you can expect from these kind of places. I have always studied very hard for my whole life, but after a semester at Cambridge I was really reaching my limit and experiencing some serious levels of stress, anxiety and feeling of detachment from the people I had left at home (I am italian). My girlfriend told me that this may have had an impact on what happened later, but to be honest I don't think that it provides a sufficient explanation. This part is a bit more scary. So... I was in my bed and there was a party going on downstairs. Lights were flashing all around the place, illuminating a good chunk of my bedroom (unfortunately). I went to sleep and had some minor nightmare which I forgot. After a couple of hours I "perceived" there was something wrong, and when I opened my eyes I saw it. A shadow man. Like the ones people talk about on the web. Completely dark, with blurred profile, bent on my bed and "touching" my right arm (even though I only felt vibrations). I was paralyzed by terror. At first I thought I was dreaming, but as seconds passed I realized that it was real. He kept staring at me (**** only remembering still sends chills over my spine...) for 10-15 sec, then I found the courage to speak and ask him who he was. He seemed surprise to discover that I could see him and reeled back a little bit; then he turned around and with the most utter calm he started walking towards the opposite side of the room, where he disappeared by passing through the wall. I jumped out of my bed to turn on the light and started crying like a 10 y.o. baby. Immediately called home to tell what happened, lost the night and skipped lectures for 3 days. The following morning at breakfast, my neighbor (who used to speak 18 languages among which italian) asked me what the hell had happened and my only answer was "bad dreams". From then onwards, I spent every night with the light turned on, a night mask for my eyes and a barrier of  chairs and bags in front of my bed, to prevent anything similar from approaching me. Luckily, it has not happened again, but if it does I swear that I am going to punch that..."thing" in the face just for the way he scared me that day.

Third part: present moment, back at home. This is the final part, where I try to connect the dots about everything that happened in these years, and share with you what I have learnt so far. At first I went back sleeping in my bed, just to see if things had changed. This is where I started to experience the weird phenomenon that you have been talking about in this topic. Vibrations all around my body and those "blows" coming from inside the mattress and the duvet, like there was something trapped and trying to break out. All of this while I was wide awake .For real, believe me. I am aware of all the things that happen to the brain while it goes through the pre-REM phase, but this is truly different, as all the people who experienced it have pointed out. Proof is that it also happened a couple of time during the day, while I was talking with other people and couldn't be farther from falling asleep. At first I managed to ignore it but then became more violent and disturbing, so much that I couldn't sleep anymore. Quickly enough I realized that this was a serious problem and I looked for a solution. Lucky for me, I also suffer from back ache and sometimes have to sleep on the couch, which is covered in leather, a very thick material. That was when I figured out the first important thing about these beings: they have a very hard time moving through thick and dense material, much more that they have when they slither inside morbid stuff like bedsheets and duvets. So here's what I did: just moved to sleep on the couch without duvet and wearing a double stratum of heavy clothes to warm myself up. This is what I have been doing for about 2 months and so far seem to have worked (luckily...). But I also realized that it is just a temporary arrangement and that as soon as I move away for work I will have to find another way to repel them. Also sleeping back against the wall seem to be effective. I also noticed that these things look for a contact with my skin in order to drain "something" from me.... and whe the phenomenon is more serious it ends up casung me an OBE. This is why I believe that there is some connection with the previous 2 cases and that these entities, whatever they are, mainly aim at sucking temporarily the soul out of your body, even though I have no idea why. Personally I tend to think they are some kind pf "parasites" living in one of the additional dimensions described by quantum mechanics. If our understanding of physics is correct, then there may be 10 hidden dimensions in addition to the 3 ones we perceive with our senses, and it looks like some fo these are inhabited by these curious creatures. I do not believe they are either smart or evil, as they seem to behave like animals without much concern for the way they operate. They do not seem to plan what they do or follow specific patterns, but they flee as fast as they can as soon as I take notice of them. They are almost certainly invisible and intangible and the only time I succeeded in hitting one was by accident, while in all the other cases they have been extraordinarily fast in disappearing. Possibly, they may have some kind of "ball-like" shape, as I felt one of them waking on my chest and then jumping away as I tryied to hit it with a blow. They also seem to be stronger when you experience bad feelings or emotions during the day, proving that they may actually feed on negative thoughts or be riled up by them. Curiously I have also seen that kind of black "pattern" or globe floating mid air, which one of you mentioned in his post, even though I have no idea what it is. These are the major insights that I wanted to share with you. Just to sum up:

1) They have more difficulties moving through the thicker/denser/harder materials and if you can sleep on one these, you should be fine.
2) They seem to feed on negative emotions and distress.
3) Their goal is to cause you an OBE, for unfathomable reasons.
4) When they operate you always have the kind of paralysis preceding sleep, which proves that either they can read your mind or (more sensibly) they are the ones inducing the paralysis. This can be annoying as they also tried to penetrate in places i would prefer not to mention, and I literally couldn't do anything for some seconds... (ugh!).

I hope this was helpful. Please let me know what you think of this, if you have experienced anything similar or if you want to share your thoughts and suggestions with me about this curious but very annoying phenomenon. I thank you again for your attention and  I hope we'll manage to find a definitive solution by thinking together. 

Hi,

I just found this post via a google search, and thank god I did! Riccardo94, can I talk to you? I need someone to talk to about this that won't label me CRAZY. I am experiencing EXACTLY what you have talked about here - the touching. WHAT IS IT?! 

Can you message me on FB? I'd like to talk in private :/  My name is Helene Sophia Ronaldson. 

Cheers 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been experiencing something very similar for years now. To date when I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep to will usually start with what it feels like something trying to come up through the bed. And its all over not always directly under me. It will also feel like someone sits at the end of my bed, I can feel the mattress go down. Then it will feel like theres a small dog walking around on the bed next to me. When it starts I guess touching it'll do it all over. From feet to my shoulders but never or at least not yet made direct contact. Its always been through something else. Such as the comforter/sheets. And i don't think its muscle spasms or whatever health/mental **** some of y'all will try to say it is. Idk wat it is. My family thinks I'm losing my mind when I tell them what's happening. Oh, and like last night. I was laying in bed just turned the TV off and as I'm laying on my right side. It felt like a heavy ass kitten was climbing up the comforter at the foot of the bed.... I've only had auditory things happen like 3-5 times in the past decade its been going on. One being last night as well. There was a knock on the wall above my head. Other times it's my name. I'll get up out of bed and ask whoever's up what they wanted, and they'll look at me like what are you talking about? "Did you not call my name? No. Oh, okay. Goodnight." Is how that little convo usually goes. I did buy a EMF meter. And it seems like I do get abnormal spikes when the activity begins. But sometimes even when I'm experiencing these things, the meter doesn't always spike. It's really weird. Like frfr... And I cant seem to ever catch it doing it. If I break out the camera it'll stop for the most part. You can feel it still moving in the mattress but not enough to catch on camera. While when I'm trying to go to sleep it will push up on the mattress enough it feels like I'm laying on 2 pillows stacked on top of each other. Usually at the small of my back. Its 9:36pm my light next to the bed is on, my TV is on, and I'm typing this out. Very much awake. And it is actually beginning right now under my left foot. How do i find out what this is? And yes it does this anywhere i go. I went to stay with my dad for Christmas this year and slept on the couch. And yes. It did it there too. Not as aggressive, but yet still it did it. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SlimNFreaked said:

I've been experiencing something very similar for years now. To date when I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep to will usually start with what it feels like something trying to come up through the bed. And its all over not always directly under me. It will also feel like someone sits at the end of my bed, I can feel the mattress go down. Then it will feel like theres a small dog walking around on the bed next to me. When it starts I guess touching it'll do it all over. From feet to my shoulders but never or at least not yet made direct contact. Its always been through something else. Such as the comforter/sheets. And i don't think its muscle spasms or whatever health/mental **** some of y'all will try to say it is. Idk wat it is. My family thinks I'm losing my mind when I tell them what's happening. Oh, and like last night. I was laying in bed just turned the TV off and as I'm laying on my right side. It felt like a heavy ass kitten was climbing up the comforter at the foot of the bed.... I've only had auditory things happen like 3-5 times in the past decade its been going on. One being last night as well. There was a knock on the wall above my head. Other times it's my name. I'll get up out of bed and ask whoever's up what they wanted, and they'll look at me like what are you talking about? "Did you not call my name? No. Oh, okay. Goodnight." Is how that little convo usually goes. I did buy a EMF meter. And it seems like I do get abnormal spikes when the activity begins. But sometimes even when I'm experiencing these things, the meter doesn't always spike. It's really weird. Like frfr... And I cant seem to ever catch it doing it. If I break out the camera it'll stop for the most part. You can feel it still moving in the mattress but not enough to catch on camera. While when I'm trying to go to sleep it will push up on the mattress enough it feels like I'm laying on 2 pillows stacked on top of each other. Usually at the small of my back. Its 9:36pm my light next to the bed is on, my TV is on, and I'm typing this out. Very much awake. And it is actually beginning right now under my left foot. How do i find out what this is? And yes it does this anywhere i go. I went to stay with my dad for Christmas this year and slept on the couch. And yes. It did it there too. Not as aggressive, but yet still it did it. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated...

Dear SlimnFreaked, we fully understand your situation and we are all on your side. Actually it is the exact same phenomenon that most of us here have described. It is very annoying and for me it has been going on for about 3yr now. I managed to reduce its intensity when i moved to sleep on my couch, which is made with leather and stuffed with feathers. Also, I removed my bedsheets entirely. The "force" of this thing has dropped by more than 90% and now i barely notice it. But it is still there, and I would really love to find a way to get rid of it permanently. Whatever it is, is very persistent and won't go away easily. Personally, I believe they are extradimensional beings (call them demons, aliens or whatever, they just do not belong to our 3D world) that chase certain kind of people, even though I haven't figured out whom and for what reasons. My idea is that if we compare the most salient traits of our lives, we may find a pattern, then identify the causes that prompt these beasts to pester us, and from there possibly find a way to wave them off. So, let me ask you:

-How long it has been since you first experienced these things?

-Would you say that you experienced severe suffering in the past? (Seems one of the few common features of people feeling these things)

-When you first experienced them, were you questioning your faith, idea of God, or more generally the nature of the Universe and its purpose?

-Have you ever suffered from anxiety disorders?

These are some of the few things that some people I heard seem to share. Do you identify in any of these? Thank you for sharing your experience. By staying connected and sharing our ideas, I believe that we will come up with a solution, sooner or later. Let's stay strong always. This is the most powerful repellent.

Interesting, it could be sleep paralysis! Are you fully conscious, but cannot move when this happens? Strange things happen when you're in this state!

No. Sometimes it'll start happening while im jus laying in bed. Haven't evn closed my eyes to try goin to sleep. So fully awake.

On 9/27/2018 at 8:59 PM, LouiseB said:

Hi, I understand, because I have the same experience, of course almost, it started about three years ago, the first days, when I went to bed, walking, heard, pillows and bed high and low-rise with every step, then after a few months when i was sleeping. , My body touched, I woke up, but I did not find any thing until one night, about 3 p.m.as soon as touch me i wake up and turned, i saw a small hairy white ball shape things , with only two big eyes, and he/she shoked same as me, and he/she jumped over the bed , and then i was searched my bed room inch by inch but there was no thing, and i cant find any thing about her up to read this post, I'm sure, that's real, there's no connection to tea eating or eating, there's nothing to do with clothes and bed, I don't know what it is, I've painted a face I saw, and I think, its trying to make a message to me, in addition to that, its protect me , maybe he/she has a msg for us ,

17 minutes ago, sepand said:
On 9/27/2018 at 7:29 PM, LouiseB said:

Hi, I understand, because I have the same experience, of course almost, it started about three years ago, the first days, when I went to bed, walking, heard, pillows and bed high and low-rise with every step, then after a few months when i was sleeping. , My body touched, I woke up, but I did not find any thing until one night, about 3 p.m.as soon as touch me i wake up and turned, i saw a small hairy white ball shape things , with only two big eyes, and he/she shoked same as me, and he/she jumped over the bed , and then i was searched my bed room inch by inch but there was no thing, and i cant find any thing about her up to read this post, I'm sure, that's real, there's no connection to tea eating or eating, there's nothing to do with clothes and bed, I don't know what it is, I've painted a face I saw, and I think, its trying to make a message to me, in addition to that, its protect me , maybe he/she has a msg for us ,

That's interesting. Could you post a painting or something to portrait it?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sepand said:

B3098859-6378-45B5-9779-2E3283206FA5.jpeg

Nice drawing, so Disney/Pixar has been making house calls?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sepand said:

this is mine 

5B5DB9A1-6F3C-46A8-80BB-54066EC95F8B.jpeg

I'm confused, who does the other picture belong to then?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sepand said:

B3098859-6378-45B5-9779-2E3283206FA5.jpeg

Yes, I think this is kind of accurate... The only time i managed to touch it I felt it had some spherical(ish) shape and was "hairy". I couldn t see its eyes tough. Funny to think that these creatures need eyes to see in the world they come from. Maybe they re subject to evolution/natural selection just like us and their biology is not that different from ours. I am also pretty sure that they have tentacles cuz I felt them as well. As I said we should not be afraid since they have never harmed anyone... But over time they become extremely annoying and disrupt regular sleep

• Like 1

Just now, TashaMarie said:

I'm confused, who does the other picture belong to then?

i dont know, and i somebody told me : dont post this thing in public , but im realy tired , so i post and i hope right person visit 

Hi guys! I wanted to give you an update regarding those freaky things that happen to us: tonight I managed to repel them, in a very similar fashion to the one you used! Basically I just said: "in the name of God, go away". Suddenly, they stopped doing whatever they were doing and slowly retracted from my body and went away. They tried to "emerge" a couple of times again but it looked like they couldn t penetrate the couch and pillow anymore! I slept like an angel afterwards. Now that i remember, the last time I had invoked the name of Jesus and maybe that's why it didn t work. Now I have been wondering about the implications of this fact...it probably means that they're Jinns indeed and that the only authority they are scared of is the one of God. It was really a matter of faith at the end... this is comforting but at the same time it puzzles me a little bit, cuz if a benevolent God actuallly exists, then why do we have covid-19, earthquakes, tsunamis, cancer ecc...? Moreover, I prayed many times to Him asking to free me from the jinns but nothing ever happened, so I was thinking that if He really exists (and I believe so after this night), He does not really take part in human events, which is consistent with the Deistic stream of thought. He created the world and then... left. Probably our moral standards do not even apply to Him, which kind of "justifies" the evil and pain we observe in the world. I confess that it is very difficult for me to trust and worship such a being, but after this... I guess I have no choice ahah. What do you think of this?

• Thanks 1

The fact tht all these things happening are proof in of them selves tht there is a god and very active god at tht. He's not gone is right here and there at any given time. He was apart of you when u made the thought to write ur post. To have true faith is to believe in the absence of proof. He is the alpha and the omega, and he will be all our end.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• LouiseB hello. I'm having the exact problem as you. What is it? However,  we do have a rodent problem since it's an old house. I've changed beds 3 times and still feel something moving in the bed. I hear noises,  the bed shakes like crazy, and this pressure pushing on me. It feels like a hard knot. When I play the ultrasonic sounds from YouTube for mice/rat repellent, it moves. I'm so scared and I'm suffering from sleep deprivation.  Please help! Did you find out what your problem was? Thank you
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 4:44 AM, drakonwick said:

Interesting, it could be sleep paralysis! Are you fully conscious, but cannot move when this happens? Strange things happen when you're in this state!

not sleep paralysis. It happens when fully awake, the second I lay down or sit in bed. 

Good morning everybody.

Just wanted to ask everybody a couple of questions:

1) Did you manage to find a conclusive way to get rid of this? Could you share it here, please?

2) Is there any of you that has been experiencing this for more than 5-10 years? Thank you

Tonight I am going to do a CCV recording in my bedroom, hope to capture somthing.

Wish you all the best

• Like 2

I tried recording when I slept, but didn't  see much. I know it's  rats, because we have them. It's such an old house that was remodeled,  but not correctly.  This has  been  happening to me for almost a year. I'm losing so much sleep. Rats or mice got onto my metal bed frame and  can't get back out. I can feel them moving around it. I can't understand how they're raising my memory foam mattress up when I'm  on it. That's a mystery to me. I need solutions  badly.  Thanks

• Like 1

You have a spirit attached to you if it's following you in which you indicated. You need someone to come and separate you two before you have to have an excorsism. There a lot of people that can help you. Google them. Do not just Poo Hoo this!

17 minutes ago, Denise Giles said:

I tried recording when I slept, but didn't  see much. I know it's  rats, because we have them. It's such an old house that was remodeled,  but not correctly.  This has  been  happening to me for almost a year. I'm losing so much sleep. Rats or mice got onto my metal bed frame and  can't get back out. I can feel them moving around it. I can't understand how they're raising my memory foam mattress up when I'm  on it. That's a mystery to me. I need solutions  badly.  Thanks

Get a pest control person to come out and take care of the problem.