Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syria irony

the-Unexpected-Soul

A USA news channel have posted a propaganda video showing off Syrian city raqqa after around 80% of it have been destroyed, 

of course Syrian government never asked for help from usa, and in 2017 there was a huge campaign against isis where half of the country was taken back from isis by syrian army,

and raqqa was the last city to be taken by syrian army after dir ezzor, but dir ezzor and raqqa was finished at the same time...

now look how horrible the state of raqqa city now

and this is a video by the Syrian state showing other Syrian cities after libation, all this footage is taken in 2018

• Thanks 1

Russia and to a lesser extent, Iran, created most of the physical destruction so it falls to them to be out front raising capital for rebuilding.  My guess is that it isn't going to be a priority for Europe and I know the U.S. isn't going to pick up the whole tab.  The reconstruction won't even begin until some kind of treaty is signed by all parties.  Frankly, I don't think Syria, as we've known it will ever be completely whole again.  The Iranians are entrenched and will not leave unless they are forced out by Russia or are destroyed by the IDF.  The mullahs spent too much money to acquire a forward base to use against the "little Satan".  Who knows?  Maybe that attack at an IRGC parade last week wasn't a one-off.  A real resistance might be forming inside Iran.  Not that I'd welcome outside actors coming in to sow chaos.  Ideally, it should be the young people there rising up in an organic protest.  The difference THIS time is that there's an American president that would cheerfully fund and supply them to achieve their goals.

19 minutes ago, and then said:

Russia and to a lesser extent, Iran, created most of the physical destruction so it falls to them to be out front raising capital for rebuilding.  My guess is that it isn't going to be a priority for Europe and I know the U.S. isn't going to pick up the whole tab.  The reconstruction won't even begin until some kind of treaty is signed by all parties.  Frankly, I don't think Syria, as we've known it will ever be completely whole again.  The Iranians are entrenched and will not leave unless they are forced out by Russia or are destroyed by the IDF.  The mullahs spent too much money to acquire a forward base to use against the "little Satan".  Who knows?  Maybe that attack at an IRGC parade last week wasn't a one-off.  A real resistance might be forming inside Iran.  Not that I'd welcome outside actors coming in to sow chaos.  Ideally, it should be the young people there rising up in an organic protest.  The difference THIS time is that there's an American president that would cheerfully fund and supply them to achieve their goals.

you literally write this same post in every reply you make in this forum

11 hours ago, and then said:

Indeed! Eventhough the US and her allies have been proven responsible in relentlessly seeding & supporting the very extremist criminal elements they claim to battle with weaponry, hardware, funds and intelligence to topple yet another ME head of state.. its actually Russia and Iran - called upon by the Syrian government to defend its sovereignty from the sponsored influx of foreign mercenaries - which are to blame for the destruction.

..Just like Saddam was responsible for the chaos in Iraq, Russia for the chaos in Ukraine, and Qaddafi for the chaos in Libya. Yay!

inversion (ĭn-vûrˈzhən, -shən)

• n.
    The act of inverting.
  • n.
    The state of being inverted.
  • n.
    An interchange of position of adjacent objects in a sequence, especially a change in normal word order, such as the placement of a verb before its subject.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

No, actually, I don't.  What I do is express my beliefs and assessment of the current situation in the M.E. regarding Israel and her neighbors.  Perhaps it's you that only sees what you want to see after you notice my name on the post?  Either way, you aren't harmed by my opinion and if it annoys you, the ignore function is just a dandy tool, you should try it :) 

• Like 1

If you're still here, unexpected soul ;), who do you think should take on the financial burden of rebuilding most of Syria's cities?  I'm genuinely interested in your opinion.

31 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Indeed! Eventhough the US and her allies have been proven responsible in relentlessly seeding & supporting the very extremist criminal elements they claim to battle with weaponry, hardware, funds and intelligence to topple yet another ME head of state.. its actually Russia and Iran - called upon by the Syrian government to defend its sovereignty from the sponsored influx of foreign mercenaries - which are to blame for the destruction.

..Just like Saddam was responsible for the chaos in Iraq, Russia for the chaos in Ukraine, and Qaddafi for the chaos in Libya. Yay!

inversion (ĭn-vûrˈzhən, -shən)

• n.
    The act of inverting.
  • n.
    The state of being inverted.
  • n.
    An interchange of position of adjacent objects in a sequence, especially a change in normal word order, such as the placement of a verb before its subject.

The bombs that gutted those cities didn't fall from U.S. or coalition aircraft.  I didn't say the U.S. bore no responsibility at all.  I said Russia and to a lesser extent, Iran, created most of the physical destruction 

And that is accurate.  Small arms and smaller crew-served weapons like mortars don't eradicate every building for block after block.  THAT is a trademark of the Russian military.  They don't do "pinpoint" or "surgical".  Assad and his best buds won and are quite proud of themselves.  They even seem to have made a deal with Erdog to save Idlib and for that I truly am grateful.  A full assault on a high-density urban environment would have been the worst carnage yet in that meat grinder.  Since Recep Tayyip, Vlad and Bashar are BFFs these days, they should make a joint appeal at the UN for generous funding to literally rebuild an entire country.  Trump might tell Haley to release the 300 million that's on hold for UNRWA and send it to a better cause, you never know.

43 minutes ago, and then said:

If you're still here, unexpected soul ;), who do you think should take on the financial burden of rebuilding most of Syria's cities?  I'm genuinely interested in your opinion.

the list is endless, most countries in the world are interested to get a share if they feel the war is ending

for me personally i think it should be diversified, i would love to get the European education system into Syria however US sanctions might prevent it from happening,

i think Russia will take care of many of the big projects like gas extraction,

communication lines, electricity... etc might be by china/india/iran ... 

many basic things like road building,construction, factories can be done by Syrians themselves.

even many gulf countries would like to get a share, i think we might let some of them who was fairly neutral like Kuwait to fund many of the projects...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

the list is endless, most countries in the world are interested to get a share if they feel the war is ending

for me personally i think it should be diversified, i would love to get the European education system into Syria however US sanctions might prevent it from happening,

i think Russia will take care of many of the big projects like gas extraction,

communication lines, electricity... etc might be by china/india/iran ... 

many basic things like road building,construction, factories can be done by Syrians themselves.

even many gulf countries would like to get a share, i think we might let some of them who was fairly neutral like Kuwait to fund many of the projects...

Well, I sincerely hope this war can end sooner rather than later and that investment will flow into Syria to help people rebuild their lives and start over.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2018 at 6:45 PM, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

It's always the evil Iranians' fault with And Then.

What he doesn't seem to realize is that they prevented ISIS from overrunning both Damascus and Baghdad.

Edited by NewAge1
  • Like 1

On 28-9-2018 at 12:32 PM, and then said:

The bombs that gutted those cities didn't fall from U.S. or coalition aircraft.  I didn't say the U.S. bore no responsibility at all.  I said Russia and to a lesser extent, Iran, created most of the physical destruction 

And that is accurate.  Small arms and smaller crew-served weapons like mortars don't eradicate every building for block after block.  THAT is a trademark of the Russian military.  They don't do "pinpoint" or "surgical".  Assad and his best buds won and are quite proud of themselves.  They even seem to have made a deal with Erdog to save Idlib and for that I truly am grateful.  A full assault on a high-density urban environment would have been the worst carnage yet in that meat grinder.  Since Recep Tayyip, Vlad and Bashar are BFFs these days, they should make a joint appeal at the UN for generous funding to literally rebuild an entire country.  Trump might tell Haley to release the 300 million that's on hold for UNRWA and send it to a better cause, you never know.

You seem to actually believe your own inverted fallacies, fascinating. Heres what you said, exactly; with the most relevant part - you chose to conveniently leave out here (in yet another example of your signature dishonest tactics) - underlined:

Russia and to a lesser extent, Iran, created most of the physical destruction so it falls to them to be out front raising capital for rebuilding.

For any rational human being, the powers responsible for sending in and supporting thousands upon thousands of heavily armed murdering criminals in a malicious geo strategical attempt to topple the most recent ME boogeyman - and as a response to which strategic bombings were employed - were and are responsible for the destruction that ensued. To suppose such a responsibility lies with those who came to Syria's defense, the only ones really routing ISIS's relentless murderous advance, is quintessentially up side down reasoning. Hence, inversion of the purest order. Not at all surprising, given you see occupied, oppressed Palestine as the agressor, and Israel as the victim.

..Maybe GB and the US should have been forced to pay WWII reperations on account of the wholesale destruction they caused in Europe, not Nazi Germany / Axis nations. :rofl:

On 9/28/2018 at 11:28 PM, NewAge1 said:

What he doesn't seem to realize is that they prevented ISIS from overrunning both Damascus and Baghdad.

And?  At its base, this war has been a religious proxy war between SA and Iran.  Since ALL Islamic fundamentalists are inherently evil, it makes no difference to me which one wins, ultimately.  They would all destroy my way of life if they ever become able.

8 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

You seem to actually believe your own inverted fallacies, fascinating. Heres what you said, exactly; with the most relevant part - you chose to conveniently leave out here (in yet another example of your signature dishonest tactics) - underlined:

For any rational human being, the powers responsible for sending in and supporting thousands upon thousands of heavily armed murdering criminals in a malicious geo strategical attempt to topple the most recent ME boogeyman - and as a response to which strategic bombings were employed - were and are responsible for the destruction that ensued. To suppose such a responsibility lies with those who came to Syria's defense, the only ones really routing ISIS's relentless murderous advance, is quintessentially up side down reasoning. Hence, inversion of the purest order. Not at all surprising, given you see occupied, oppressed Palestine as the agressor, and Israel as the victim.

..Maybe GB and the US should have been forced to pay WWII reperations on account of the wholesale destruction they caused in Europe, not Nazi Germany / Axis nations. :rofl:

Ahh, P80, it's nice to know some things never change.  The disconnect in your assessment is that I refuse to blame the U.S. for all the evil on the planet, as you so cheerfully seem to do.  FTR, I think Barrack Obama's decision to walk away from Iraq against the advice of his military was the impetus for the birth and certainly the rapid strengthening of ISIS.  America bears the responsibility to that extent.  He also made less than half-hearted attempts to employ air assets to crush ISIS when he could have done. My understanding is that SA was the primary paymaster for these mercenaries.  I will always believe that the root issue here is a Sunni, Shia struggle between SA and Iran.  

The Russians and Iranians are currently working to realize their own goals - which are not identical by any means - and want help from anyone they can convince, to fund a rebuilding effort so that Syria can be stabilized.  My guess is that the EU will get onboard with an eye to solving their immigration woes but that's just a guess.  I think America should contribute somewhat but not soon, nor in any significant percentage of the whole cost.  My guess is that Syria isn't going to be stabilized anytime soon.  In fact, it may be the location of the beginning of WWIII.  Putin isn't going to allow his gains to go unexploited but he needs the country at peace and stable for that to occur.  The Iranians want to build a force there that will be capable of pressuring Israel to accept their hegemony in the ME, at some point.  I believe Iran's leaders when they say they want Israel GONE.  So do Israel's leadership.  Netanyahu has to walk a fine line with Russia but he cannot allow them to protect Iran's goals.  Iran must leave Syria.

If they did, the U.S. would leave because our whole reason for being there now is to prevent a war between Israel, Iran, and Russia.  Iran will only leave if they are forced out.  They have spent too much time and money to just walk away so a storm is coming.  Their options are limited.  They don't have the forces and infrastructure to seriously challenge Israel, yet.  All they'll succeed in doing is killing a lot of Israelis and Lebanese if this begins.  And I do mean A LOT.  Russia began delivering some S-300 to Syria yesterday.  The first time that system shoots down an IAF aircraft, all hell is going to break loose.  That's the red line.  It will be tested soon, maybe in days.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:28 PM, NewAge1 said:

I've mentioned this many times before. the bad guy's did the right thing in Syria and truth be told the Iranians have also stabilised Iraq to a large degree too. 

8 hours ago, and then said:

And?  At its base, this war has been a religious proxy war between SA and Iran.  Since ALL Islamic fundamentalists are inherently evil, it makes no difference to me which one wins, ultimately.  They would all destroy my way of life if they ever become able.

The Syrian government is secular. Plenty of times, Assad has been seen celebrating religious holidays with Christians and other minorities.

2 hours ago, NewAge1 said:

The Syrian government is secular. Plenty of times, Assad has been seen celebrating religious holidays with Christians and other minorities.

I don't dispute that.  That's why I pointed out that Syria was being used for a proxy war.