Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are some great SNES games?

internetperson

I've been buying SNES games lately and it's great. Donkey kong country is still fun as **** I'm about 3/4 through it now. That game actually has a decent soundtrack (for its time). So what are some games I should keep an eye out for? I don't mean the obvious like zelda, earthbound (personal favorite by far), street fighter etc. What are some other great games that may have flown under my radar? 

• Like 1

Metroid is one of the best of the old Nintendo games I've ever played. Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Castlevania and others are also good but Metroid is even better. The levels are really good designed for their time. I had a really cool game called Rick Dangerous on my old Amiga. 

• Like 1

Actraiser

Battletoads and Double Dragon

Darius Twin

Demon's Crest

Dragon Quest 1 +2 remakes

Earthwom JIm 1+2

Flashback

Front Mission 2

Hook

Indiana Jones

Any Kirby game

Lufia 1+2

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

Ogre Battle

Out of this World

Populous

Robocop vs Terminator

Run Saber

Sky Blazer

Spider-man & Venom - Maximum Carnage 

Spider-man & Venom - Separation Anxiety

Sunset Riders

SUPER METROID

TMNT - Turtles in Time

TETRIS ATTACK

UN Squadron

Wing Commander

Xardion

Ys 3

Ys4

Plus all your well know franchises. Final Fantasy, various mario games, secret of mana, mega man x , etc

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/09/2018 at 10:53 PM, internetperson said:

SNES games

please excuse my ignorance here= what is SNES short for?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

please excuse my ignorance here= what is SNES short for?

Look

:yes:

The Legend of Zelda, A Link To The Past.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, internetperson said:

I've been buying SNES games lately and it's great. Donkey kong country is still fun as **** I'm about 3/4 through it now. That game actually has a decent soundtrack (for its time). So what are some games I should keep an eye out for? I don't mean the obvious like zelda, earthbound (personal favorite by far), street fighter etc. What are some other great games that may have flown under my radar? 

Are you playing DKC part 1, 2 or 3?  Yes, the soundtracks to all of them are amazing.

I have a decent SNES collection, some of my favourites are Super Castlevania IV, Dracula X, Turtles in Time, Final Fight 1, 2, & 3, Captain Commando, Knights of the round, Bomberman, F Zero, Star Fox, Super Punch out, Super Mario All Stars and Super Mario world, Yoshi Island 1 & 2, Super Mario kart and pretty much all the "must have" ones.
For more obscure ones Terranigma, Shadowrun, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Metal Warriors, Hagane and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy.

SNES was pretty epic with the RPG library. I was always impressed with Nintendo's Super FX chip in how they could add a chip inside a game cart that would enable features that no other console could apparently do at the time. Like comparing Star Fox to the Atari Jaguar's Cybermorph displaying that a 16 bit console could perform a better polygonal game than a 64 bit console. Quite impressive and a shame chips like these weren't used more often throughout the industry since it's cheaper to pay more for a game with a special chip in it than to buy a new console.