Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Isaac Newton predicted end of the world

Eldorado

So it seems Sir Isaac Newton not only discovery gravity – he also predicted the end of the world.

The renowned British scientist based his study on extensive reading of biblical texts and said the world would “reset” in 2060 when the Earth would once again become the “Kingdom of God”.

“It may end later, but I see no reason for it ending soon,” he wrote under the alias “Jehovah Sanctus Unus”.

The prediction is discussed in Florian Freitstetter’s “Isaac Newton: The A-hole Who Reinvented the Universe”.

Full article: https://www.9news.com.au/2018/09/28/11/37/sir-isaac-newton-predicted-end-of-world-stephen-hawking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So....will this be the new "2012"? I mean at least unlike 2012, it at least is a End of the World prediction, but well it will be quite annoying if it becomes big.

25 minutes ago, acute said:

2060?  I'll be in my mid-eighties by then!

Ah don't worry if it's the beginning of the "Kingdom of God" then it should include the part where we all get resurrected and put into young, sexy bodies or something.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

So it seems Sir Isaac Newton not only discovery gravity – he also predicted the end of the world.

The renowned British scientist based his study on extensive reading of biblical texts and said the world would “reset” in 2060 when the Earth would once again become the “Kingdom of God”.

“It may end later, but I see no reason for it ending soon,” he wrote under the alias “Jehovah Sanctus Unus”.

The prediction is discussed in Florian Freitstetter’s “Isaac Newton: The A-hole Who Reinvented the Universe”.

Full article: https://www.9news.com.au/2018/09/28/11/37/sir-isaac-newton-predicted-end-of-world-stephen-hawking

Considering the current rate of moral decay, I think he must have miscalculated.  Can you imagine the current pace that things are unwinding, going on for another 40 years?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

So....will this be the new "2012"? I mean at least unlike 2012, it at least is a End of the World prediction, but well it will be quite annoying if it becomes big.

Ah don't worry if it's the beginning of the "Kingdom of God" then it should include the part where we all get resurrected and put into young, sexy bodies or something.

From what I've heard from religious folks, everyone being in new sexy bodies would be incredible torture. As you wouldn't even be allowed to look in god's "paradise"