Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Kavanaugh get the nod?

Myles

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kavanaugh get enough YES votes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 07:32 PM

52 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

"Show me where I condoned rape. But hold on a second until I once again quickly condone rape".

No one has accused the Judge of rape.

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I means exactly, that, actually.

And if you don’t believe in GOD does not make you a puppet?  Want to try again?

And belief in a creator =/= christianity and christian values, 

No, not directly Christian but all the major religions have the same root origin.  Over time, they have diverged.

Much of our civil code is based on Christian values.  This is a Christian nation.

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think any doubt on the politics of this nomination disappeared when Kavanaugh blamed a Democrats and Hillary Clinton conspiracy for Ford's testimony. What he said was unprecedented in a process that is supposed to put forward judges who would be impartial to politics and uphold

the law and Constitution. He said Democrats would 'reap the whirlwind'. Basically saying that he'll make it his life's work to vote against them on the SC as revenge. 

The Dems can't block until 2020. They are the minority. Republicans could quickly process another even before the midterms. 

They can do just what they're doing now, which has already delayed confirmation. Like you say, they don't have to play nice--not that they ever did in recent memory. Right now, he's the least of their political worries. Their war on men is about to turn around and bite them, hard.

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

And if you don’t believe in GOD does not make you a puppet?  Want to try again?

Nope. I stand by that.

No, not directly Christian but all the major religions have the same root origin.  Over time, they have diverged.

Only the abrahamic religions. Doesn't matter. They're all stupid and pointless anyway.

Much of our civil code is based on Christian values.  This is a Christian nation.

No. This is not a "christian nation". Zealots just thing that jesus vomited the constitution whole into existance.

It doens't matter anyway. This is a waste of time  

22 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Christiany and you god can go right to your hell. We're not all puppets to nomad gods and your religion is not representative of this entire nation

Spare me your personal attacks troll. You clearly have nothing of substance to contribute to the discussion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

God willing the right will have a five man majority on the Supreme Court for decades to come. I make no pretense of denying my political orientation, as I find no shame in being a cultural conservative. 

With a rightwing majority on the Supreme Court half a century of liberal social policies will be swept away. Amen and Amen to that!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Then men-folk have spoken.... as usual

Us men-folk are the ones who created this Republic and every worthwhile political institution over the past 5000+ years. Without millennia of male leadership society never would have progressed beyond the hunter-gatherer phase of human existence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Nope. I stand by that.

That’s fine that you stand by it, but do you realize how inadequate that is?  You are just as much a puppet as anyone else. 

Only the abrahamic religions. Doesn't matter. They're all stupid and pointless anyway.

No, they all originate from the same origin.  The religion of Noah and his sons (note: it’s not Judaism).  If you spend any time researching this matter, you begin to see this.  Hinduism has a pantheon of gods but it still has a main godhead called the Trimurti.  Brahma = Yahweh, Shiva = Jesus, and Vishnu = Holy Spirit (note: that’s just one perception).

No. This is not a "christian nation". Zealots just thing that jesus vomited the constitution whole into existance.

That’s only what you think.  All the Founding Fathers believed in a Creator.  Some were more devout that others and others considered themselves Deists.  But it was all based in Christianity.  It was the belief in the Creator that we derive our unalienable GOD-given Rights.  And the Constitution is a manifestation of this belief.

It doens't matter anyway. This is a waste of time  

Then why do you even bother to engage?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Us men-folk are the ones who created this Republic and every worthwhile political institution over the past 5000+ years. Without millennia of male leadership society never would have progressed beyond the hunter-gatherer phase of human existence.

Mmhmm. Women never had nothing to do with nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

Spare me your personal attacks troll. You clearly have nothing of substance to contribute to the discussion. 

How was that a personal attack? Clearly my grip is with christianity. I dont even know you. 

Oh, and my trolling is a lot more involved than an easy swipe at religious zealotry 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

How was that a personal attack? Clearly my grip is with christianity. I dont even know you. 

Oh, and my trolling is a lot more involved than an easy swipe at religious zealotry 

Your assault against Christianity is both unwarranted and unappreciated.  I am neither amused or impressed by your ignorance.  You may take your hatred elsewhere.  Jesus is Lord whether you acknowledge Him or not.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lord Harry said:

Your assault against Christianity is both unwarranted and unappreciated.  I am neither amused or impressed by your ignorance.  You may take your hatred elsewhere.  Jesus is Lord whether you acknowledge Him or not.

I dont care at all about you, what you think is unwarranted, unappreciated, not what does or does not amuse or impress you.

I completely deny your christ. Were I wrong in his existence and the time were to come, I would not hesitate to take up arms with the devils against the "righteous", even knowing the outcome.

<3

• Confused 1

As a sane note. The letter that was turned over should have been forwarded to an independent authority for investigation. What I saw on TV was a cluster bang.  It should not have been held for an opportune time as a weapon. This was not the forum for the issue to be dealt with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Bastien said:

As a sane note. The letter that was turned over should have been forwarded to an independent authority for investigation. What I saw on TV was a cluster bang.  It should not have been held for an opportune time as a weapon. This was not the forum for the issue to be dealt with.

And this shows how much the Progs really cared for Ford’s well being.

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I was a harassment advisor in the service as a part duty and had this sort of thing sorted out. This clown show is not the process. It is bad for both sides. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Uh...you do understand the course of events, right?  Ford requested an investigation, not some televised hearing orchestrated by the Republican majority.  Now, we have that very public testimony, IN ADDITION to an investigation.  The public hearing could have been skipped altogether.  Say what you want about the testimony, it was compelling enough for Trump's team to convince him to order the FBI to investigate.

• Like 1

I fear he will, and it will be match to tinder that kicks off the Civil War.

When the dust settles from thst, there won’t be a Democrat party, or a Republican Party, there won’t be a Supreme Court or a Washington Beauracracy. There’ll be something new, something hopefully with thr constitution (Amended or otherwise) as it’s basis.

3 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Uh...you do understand the course of events, right?  Ford requested an investigation, not some televised hearing orchestrated by the Republican majority.  Now, we have that very public testimony, IN ADDITION to an investigation.  The public hearing could have been skipped altogether.  Say what you want about the testimony, it was compelling enough for Trump's team to convince him to order the FBI to investigate.

I do understand. Also this is the wrong process to start with. It is NEVER a public matter unless there are charges. Then things become public record.  What I saw was a *Snip*. That female Senator that sat on this letter should be some how be cited for some offence. She should have turned that letter over to an investigative authority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The left fears Kavanaugh because he is a breath of fresh air who subscribes to natural law.  There will no longer be any special protections for the 57+ imaginary genders.

Natural law instituted by the Creator declares that there are but two genders.  Male and female.  One might as well request special legal status for those who consider themselves to be time traveling leprechauns from the future, or purple unicorns from Mars.

Edited by Lord Harry

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

She came forward before he was even nominated. It was personal with the man, not the nomination, since her goal was to prevent the nomination in the first place. To say the Dems somehow are responsible for her, like Kavanaugh did, is disingenuous at best.

No that's not true. She "claims", an unsubstantiated "claim" that on July 6th she "felt a sense of urgency" to come forward and "alert" the Senate the the President. BUT she did not come forward on July 6th at all. That is simply her unsubstantiated "claim". On July 9th Kavanaugh was named and Ford had not done anything before that date. So your assertion that she "came forward" before his nomination is not true. She simply claims she felt an "urgency" to do so before (3 days before) and has no evidence of that other than simply saying so.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Bastien said:

I do understand. Also this is the wrong process to start with. It is NEVER a public matter unless there are charges. Then things become public record.  What I saw was a s h i t s h o w. That female Senator that sat on this letter should be some how be cited for some offence. She should have turned that letter over to an investigative authority.

I agree, 100%.  Sitting on the letter was a completely partisan motivated act, and SHOULD NOT have happened.  I'm not trying to justify the actions of anyone, but Ravenhawk blaming democrats for the hearing is absolutely false.  Ford did not want a hearing, just an investigation.  That is what the Democrats requested.  That is what the Republicans denied.  They literally said we are voting next week, you can be heard or not...we don't care.

• The topic was locked