Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Kavanaugh get the nod?

Myles

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kavanaugh get enough YES votes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 07:32 PM

6 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

The left fears Kavanaugh because he is a breath of fresh air who subscribes to natural law.  There will no longer be any special protections for the 57+ imaginary genders.

Natural law instituted by the Creator declares that there are but two genders.  Male and female.  One might as well request special legal status for those who consider themselves to be time traveling leprechauns from the future, or purple unicorns from Mars.

Actually, the creator spoke of Man and His Mate. 

So Adam and Steve is fine, but Eve and Lileith is out.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I agree, 100%.  Sitting on the letter was a completely partisan motivated act, and SHOULD NOT have happened.  I'm not trying to justify the actions of anyone, but Ravenhawk blaming democrats for the hearing is absolutely false.  Ford did not want a hearing, just an investigation.  That is what the Democrats requested.  That is what the Republicans denied.  They literally said we are voting next week, you can be heard or not...we don't care.

Since when does a private citizen get to dictate to the Senate what should be done? If she wanted an Investigation why did she wait 36 years to ask for one? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Actually, the creator spoke of Man and His Mate. 

So Adam and Steve is fine, but Eve and Lileith is out.

I am not discussing the issue of homosexuality.  I was referring specifically to transgenderism.  A societal cancer which should be classified as a mental disorder.

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

Since when does a private citizen get to dictate to the Senate what should be done? If she wanted an Investigation why did she wait 36 years to ask for one? 

I don't remember saying she ordered the senate to do anything, she requested it.  If I did say she ordered the Senate to do anything, quote me, and I will go back and edit my statement.

4 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

However...even if there were some truth to the allegations. The alleged incident occured when Judge Kavanaugh was a teenager. Who can honestly confess to never having done something stupid as a child?

Who can confess to not having sexually assaulted someone as a teenager? I can.

I'm hoping you can too..? 

The man has come along way since then. He is a federal judge and a married man with children. Everyone deserves a second chance. Especially if the mistake was made when the accused was still a minor.

Sexual assault is not a mistake. 

Put a bunch of drunk and horny teenagers into a room and would you honestly expect nothing like the alleged incident to transpire?

Well let's see, I've been to college. Most of my friends have been to college. We've all been drunk and horny yet somehow we all seem to have got through it without assaulting anyone. 

Clearly we're just abnormally restrained, caring about such silly things as consent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

I am not discussing the issue of homosexuality.  I was referring specifically to transgenderism.  A societal cancer which should be classified as a mental disorder.

But if their creator made them that way... who are we to argue?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I don't remember saying she ordered the senate to do anything, she requested it.  If I did say she ordered the Senate to do anything, quote me, and I will go back and edit my statement.

Is that not what you were implying when you said...?

Ford did not want a hearing, just an investigation.  That is what the Democrats requested.  That is what the Republicans denied. 

Edited by lost_shaman

2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

The only societal cancer is people like you. 

How does their transgenderism harm you? 

I thought your country is meant to be about liberty? Or is it only liberty for those who aren't too different to you? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This ****show would never have happened. There was no sense of process on both sides. Even though in law and reasonable resolution systems to have dealt with this years ago. It makes one wonder if the monkeys are running the zoo.

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Who can confess to not having sexually assaulted someone as a teenager? I can.

I'm hoping you can too..? 

Sexual assault is not a mistake. 

Well let's see, I've been to college. Most of my friends have been to college. We've all been drunk and horny yet somehow we all seem to have got through it without assaulting anyone. 

Clearly we're just abnormally restrained, caring about such silly things as consent. 

If by sexual assault you mean rape, then no of course not.  But Judge Kavanaugh did not rape this women, he was merely accused of touching her inappropriately. 

Just now, lost_shaman said:

Is that not what you were implying when you said...?

When I specifically used the word "requested"?  Is request a synonym for dictate in your thesaurus?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

I thought your country is meant to be about liberty? Or is it only liberty for those who aren't too different to you? 

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.  Don't waste your time...he's not worth replying to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

True liberty is not a license to sin.  True liberty enables one to live a righteous life that pleases God.  And this only due to Christ's sacrifice on the cross and bodily resurrection from the grave.

Read the Book of Romans with your definition of "liberty" in mind and then get back to me.

Edited by Lord Harry

Just now, Lord Harry said:

True liberty is not a license to sin.  True liberty enables one to live a righteous life that pleases God.  And this only due to Christ's sacrifice on the cross and bodily resurrection from the grave.

Judge Not, Lest You Be Judged.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

When I specifically used the word "requested"?  Is request a synonym for dictate in your thesaurus?

"requested" is cop out! Nothing more than word play. Yes the Democrats were demanding a hearing with her and her Lawyers and the Democrats were demanding an Investigation as soon as the the Allegation was made public.

Edited by lost_shaman

3 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

"requested" is cop out! Nothing more than word play. Yes the Democrats were demanding a hearing with her and her Lawyers and the Democrats were demanding an Investigation as soon as the the Allegation was made public.

Just because you say it, doesn't make it so. 

Remember back in 2012 when Mitt Romney ran for President.  The liberal press were quite sure that a Republican winner would appoint Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.  The Dems had 6 years to plan for this day.

Report from 2012

ny12.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Just because you say it, doesn't make it so. 

Between her, her Lawyers, and the Minority Democrats and now along with outgoing Senator Jeff Flake, they are absolutely dictating to the Majority how the Committee and Senate are going to do things and it's unprecedented. 

49 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

No that's not true. She "claims", an unsubstantiated "claim" that on July 6th she "felt a sense of urgency" to come forward and "alert" the Senate the the President. BUT she did not come forward on July 6th at all. That is simply her unsubstantiated "claim". On July 9th Kavanaugh was named and Ford had not done anything before that date. So your assertion that she "came forward" before his nomination is not true. She simply claims she felt an "urgency" to do so before (3 days before) and has no evidence of that other than simply saying so.  

WP 

She contacted The Post through a tip line in early July, when it had become clear that Kavanaugh was on the shortlist of possible nominees to replace retiring justice Anthony M. Kennedy but before Trump announced his name publicly. A registered Democrat who has made small contributions to political organizations, she contacted her congresswoman, Democrat Anna G. Eshoo, around the same time.

Her word and the word of the journalist she contacted.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Judge Not, Lest You Be Judged.

I always find it amusing how the left takes Scripture and twists it out of context.  LOL!

I Corinthians 11:13-15 "Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature itself teach you, that if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."

6 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I always find it amusing how the left takes Scripture and twists it out of context.  LOL!

I Corinthians 11:13-15 "Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature itself teach you, that if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."

Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

7 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I’m leaning yes too.  If I believe what is happening is happening then I need to put my trust into fate and make it an emphatic YES!

Kavanaugh made a more compelling speech than Ford but the minions of evil are in play.

Kavanaugh made a more forceful and louder speech not a more compelling one. which under the circumstances speaks volumes. Mrs Kavanaugh didn't look very supportive or impressed of her husbands plea's of innocence.  i think they should have asked Mrs Kavanaugh what she thought...

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Christ was referring specifically to hypocrisy.  He was not commanding His followers to turn a blind eye towards sin. 

• The topic was locked