Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Kavanaugh get the nod?

Myles

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kavanaugh get enough YES votes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 07:32 PM

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

i think they should have asked Mrs Kavanaugh what she thought...

Been there done that...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

Christ was referring specifically to hypocrisy.  He was not commanding His followers to turn a blind eye towards sin. 

Let he Who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Jesus said that as well, now I’ve led a fairly guilt free life - but I’m not certain Im sin free, so I’m not casting any stones.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

WP 

Her word and the word of the journalist she contacted.

Maybe I couldn't find it, but where in that article does it provide a date earlier then the 9th as the date Ford came forward?

Just now, Captain Risky said:

what does that mean?

They have already interviewed her and she is totally beside her husband.

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Let he Who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Jesus said that as well, now I’ve led a fairly guilt free life - but I’m not certain Im sin free, so I’m not casting any stones.

You know neither the Scriptural nor historical context for those verses. 

Just now, Michelle said:

They have already interviewed her and she is totally beside her husband.

it goes without saying since she showed up to his hearing. but she didn't look happy and in fact very defensive. her body language spoke differently to her husband. at least thats what i got outta it. but i take it you're team Kavanaugh?  

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

it goes without saying since she showed up to his hearing. but she didn't look happy and in fact very defensive. her body language spoke differently to her husband. at least thats what i got outta it. but i take it you're team Kavanaugh?  

Her entire family has been getting death threats including the kids. I'd be p***ed if someone was putting my husband through this and dragging the whole family into it too. I think you are misplacing her anger and resentment to represent what you want it to mean.

I am team evidence.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

Maybe I couldn't find it, but where in that article does it provide a date earlier then the 9th as the date Ford came forward?

In the part I quoted.

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

In the part I quoted.

There is no Date listed. It was just her word. Also the NYT's could not confirm that.

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Her entire family has been getting death threats including the kids. I'd be p***ed if someone was putting my husband through this and dragging the whole family into it too. I think you are misplacing her anger and resentment to represent what you want it to mean.

i see your point. and you're probably right about me looking at this through my left leaning glasses. its the lying that gets me the most. why doesn't he just say that he drank a bit read the signs wrong and made a pass. instead, he gets to shout louder than his accused and drags his family into the fray. and anyone could be giving him death threats. for all we know it could be someone looking to portray him as a victim. i mean if he becomes one of the top judges then his politics and religious views are still going to be drawing threats and insults for nut jobs anyway. so do those soon to be threats mean nothing to his wife? 

i think he's a forceful and competitive character and has been for most of his life and his wife knows it.   

Anyway, lets see what the next freak show that humanity gives us next for entertainment. The "stupid" gene has been expressing itself to much as of late. This will all be next years dead horse.

13 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

why doesn't he just say that he drank a bit read the signs wrong and made a pass.

Perhaps because it's not true.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Big Jim said:

Perhaps because it's not true.

well you'd hope its not true since he's gonna be entrusted with an important job. i.e. to be truthful for the rest of his professional life. ;)

25 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

There is no Date listed. It was just her word. Also the NYT's could not confirm that.

I think we can assume that 'before he got the nomination' (paraphrasing) means sometime before he was nominated. And that came directly from the journalist.

Get over it the Demos are going to try and drown Kavanaugh  and hope he can get it through :( it.

Edited by docyabut2

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

And that came directly from the journalist.

So? The Journalist is just parroting her. As I said the NYT's couldn't confirm any of that. 

It'll be interesting to see what Avenatti brings to the table. Say what you will about his abrasive persona, he has a 100% record so far.

42 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

You know neither the Scriptural nor historical context for those verses. 

Let’s see, The World Of The Text has Jesus coming across a group of hypocrites about to stone a woman to death as a result of very specific and pointed interpretations of the Torah.

The World Behind The Text is from a time when the powerful manipulated the law and the interpretation of the law in order to maintain their power and wealth.

I can can see how the situation clearly doesn’t apply here, so I’ll recuse myself with the most abject apology.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

So? The Journalist is just parroting her. As I said the NYT's couldn't confirm any of that. 

Eh, the journalist from the outlet she contacted is just parroting her? You don't think said journalist would be in the perfect position to verify when her own newspaper was contacted? Contact that initiated her writing her story? I mean, whaaat?

Of course the WP would know when they were contacted. 

41 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I am team evidence.

Have both families not been getting death threats?  I'd be more p***ed if your husband put someone through an attempted sexual assault.  I mean, it's pretty clear he was a heavy drinker and partier throughout his teen years.  He even claimed, falsely, that he was drinking legally in Maryland at the time.  He asked a Senator if she ever blacked out while drinking and couldn't remember what she had done...I don't believe him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Let’s see, The World Of The Text has Jesus coming across a group of hypocrites about to stone a woman to death as a result of very specific and pointed interpretations of the Torah.

The World Behind The Text is from a time when the powerful manipulated the law and the interpretation of the law in order to maintain their power and wealth.

I can can see how the situation clearly doesn’t apply here, so I’ll recuse myself with the most abject apology.

Incorrect.  The Torah stated that those caught in adultery, both the man and the woman, were to be brought before the elders to be stoned.  Notice in this verse only the woman was present.  Where was the man?  Perhaps the man was one of the Pharisees who brought the woman before Jesus.  Also during the First Century AD, Judea was under Roman rule.  Only the Roman authorities were permitted to carry out the death penalty.  Notice also that the verse says the religious leaders did this so they could have means to accuse Jesus.  If Jesus said to stone the woman, then he would have been in violation of Roman law.  If he said to let the woman go, then he would have been in violation of Jewish Law.  Thus he broke neither Roman nor Jewish Law by saying "he that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone." 

• The topic was locked