Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Kavanaugh get the nod?

Myles

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kavanaugh get enough YES votes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 07:32 PM

Here is a British viewer's standpoint.  Currently on the fence.  Please correct whatever might be wrong.

1.)  I have been told the witnesses do not remember the alleged party or the incident and that no police warrant for arrest would ever be issued because the known facts are practically zero.  So why is this even an issue for Kavanaugh?  If he is innocent, shouldn't it be best to co-operate and prove his innocence regardless of his appointment/promotion because that is secondary?  His life may be hell right now, but they are only allegations.  Nothing more.  Celebrities deal with false allegations all the time.  They certainly don't ruin their lives.  They just brush them off, hire a good lawyer, and get on with life.

2.)  Dr.Ford had to see a psychiatrist. - Honest question - Does she have a mental disorder and was trying to fight her demons back then?

3.)  Dr. Ford lived next door to Google headquarters and allowed young interns to lodge at her home.  Q - Is this true and did they influence her?

4.)  She has a fear of being trapped and vulnerable and built a second door to her house.  Q - Why would she allow young strangers to lodge with her then?

5.)  She has a fear of flying and had to be persuaded by friends to get on the plane.  Q - She has flown many lengthy journeys on vacation many times, so why would a frequent flyer be selectively more afraid to take that plane?

6.)  Is it true that she did not mention Kavanaugh's name to her husband.  She did not mention his name to her psychiatrist, and she did not mention his name in her original statement to the Washington press?  Did she only mentioned his name when a Dem or liberal reporter approached and influenced her?

7.)  Is it true that she could not remember where or when the event took place, or how she got there, or got home, but she remembers distinctly that she only had one drink.  Is that believable, or total bs?

8.)  The nomination for Brett Kavanaugh was well known back in 2012 because it was feared that a Republican winner (Mitt Romney) would appoint Brett to the Supreme Court.  So if this was common knowledge back then, would it mean these allegations could have been planned back in 2012 but since Romney lost and Obama won, the allegations were put on hold until now?  Dr. Ford would have 6 years to create a convincing story e.g. psychiatrist visits, a second front door, and living next to Google interns and gaining their influence etc?

9.)  Kavanaugh showed true and raw emotion and was deeply hurt and angry by the allegations that are being published around the world.  Yet Dr. Ford showed very little emotion, especially when she removed her glasses and revealed her eyes which showed no signs of emotion whatever.  Is it possible for victims to show no convincing emotion whatever apart from a croaky voice which may have been forced as it sounded kind of unnatural - like Marty Mc'Fly's mother in the future?

10.)  Why was this proceeding televised?

11.) Why would Dr. Ford agree to have it televised?  For maximum publicity?

12.)  Why would she wait so long and then write to a senior Dem senator about it?  Why not file a police report or notify the FBI?  Seems very much politicised to us Brits.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'd call it kindness and consideration in sparing the woman the hell Anita Hill was put through.  I thought the woman was honest and sincere albeit sincerely mistaken. It also adroitly sidestepped the media circus and firestorm at her expense the Democrats wanted for purely political benefit. The Right had nothing to lose, politically, as--either way--the perception and reaction would have been no less and perhaps more negative from the Left. Contrary to what's been said of them, they learned quite well the lessons from the Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas hearings, just not the way the Left wanted them to learn. They swift-kicked the political ball into the Left's end zone.

The move to a female questioner definitely sucked the wind out of the sails of the left.  Although part of me thinks that if one is going to make claims and testify before congress, one should expect to endure the full force of questioning of said members.  However, in reality, it is all a chess game.   I think in the end Kavanaugh will be confirmed.  But the real chess game going on isn't Kavanaugh, it is Roe Vs. Wade.  The Left worships at the alter of Planned Parenthood and they will do anything...anything...to stop the confirmation of Kavanaugh.  That fact should not be left out of the mix.  It is the sole purpose of the Circus that went on this week. K should beef up his security detail...he is in danger. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Here is a British viewer's standpoint.  Currently on the fence.  Please correct whatever might be wrong.

1.)  I have been told the witnesses do not remember the alleged party or the incident and that no police warrant for arrest would ever be issued because the known facts are practically zero.  So why is this even an issue for Kavanaugh?  If he is innocent, shouldn't it be best to co-operate and prove his innocence regardless of his appointment/promotion because that is secondary?  His life may be hell right now, but they are only allegations.  Nothing more.  Celebrities deal with false allegations all the time.  They certainly don't ruin their lives.  They just brush them off, higher a good lawyer, and get on with life.

2.)  Dr.Ford had to see a psychiatrist. - Honest question - Does she have a mental disorder and was trying to fight her demons back then?

3.)  Dr. Ford lived next door to Google headquarters and allowed young interns to lodge at her home.  Q - Is this true and did they influence her?

4.)  She has a fear of being trapped and vulnerable and built a second door to her house.  Q - Why would she allow young strangers to lodge with her then?

5.)  She has a fear of flying and had to be persuaded by friends to get on the plane.  Q - She has flown many lengthy journeys on vacation many times, so why would a frequent flyer be selectively more afraid to take that plane?

6.)  Is it true that she did not mention Kavanaugh's name to her husband.  She did not mention his name to her psychiatrist, and she did not mention his name in her original statement to the Washington press?  Did she only mentioned his name when a Dem or liberal reporter approached and influenced her?

7.)  Is it true that she could not remember where or when the event took place, or how she got there, or got home, but she remembers distinctly that she only had one drink.  Is that believable, or total bs?

8.)  The nomination for Brett Kavanaugh was well known back in 2012 because it was feared that a Republican winner (Mitt Romney) would appoint Brett to the Supreme Court.  So if this was common knowledge back then, would it mean these allegations could have been planned back in 2012 but since Romney lost and Obama won, the allegations were put on hold until now?  Dr. Ford would have 6 years to create a convincing story e.g. psychiatrist visits, a second front door, and living next to Google interns and gaining their influence etc?

9.)  Kavanaugh showed true and raw emotion and was deeply hurt and angry by the allegations that are being published around the world.  Yet Dr. Ford showed very little emotion, especially when she removed her glasses and revealed her eyes which showed no signs of emotion whatever.  Is it possible for victims to show no convincing emotion whatever apart from a croaky voice which seemed forced and unnatural?

12.)  Why would she wait so long and then write to a senior Dem senator about it?  Why not file a police report or notify the FBI?  Seems very much politicised to us Brits.

It is all a ruse by the Left and has nothing to do with sexual assault or anything of the sort.  They simply are terrified that with Kavanaugh on the court, Roe vs. Wade will be overturned.  It is just that simple.  It is ALL it is about.  Abortion on demand...the left will go to any extremes to protect their religion.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

in Kavanaugh's year book messages were written referring to 'boofing' and 'devils triangle' when questioned as to what they meant, Kavanaugh replied that boofing referred to vomitting and the devils triangle to a drinking game... now who the hell is he trying to kid. I spent a good position of my teenage years in the eighties and i can tell you that 'boofing' refers to screwing and the devils triangle is a reference to a hairy crotch. of course Kavanaugh was supposed to be a virgin or at least sexually inexperience but he seems to have all the 80's teenage terms down-pat. Kavanaugh is taking everyone on a long ride... 

I was in college in the 80’s and I think you are correct on the meaning of those two terms.

The guy is a liar, and he’s been caught red handed by you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

1.)  I have been told the witnesses do not remember the alleged party or the incident and that no police warrant for arrest would ever be issued because the known facts are practically zero.  So why is this even an issue for Kavanaugh?  If he is innocent, shouldn't it be best to co-operate and prove his innocence regardless of his appointment/promotion because that is secondary?  His life may be hell right now, but they are only allegations.  Nothing more.  Celebrities deal with false allegations all the time.  They certainly don't ruin their lives.  They just brush them off, hire a good lawyer, and get on with life.

9.)  Kavanaugh showed true and raw emotion and was deeply hurt and angry by the allegations that are being published around the world.  Yet Dr. Ford showed very little emotion, especially when she removed her glasses and revealed her eyes which showed no signs of emotion whatever.  Is it possible for victims to show no convincing emotion whatever apart from a croaky voice which may have been forced as it sounded kind of unnatural - like Marty Mc'Fly's mother in the future?

1.  Logic or justice has nothing to do with this, it's all about character assassination and a last ditch effort to stall the nomination by the Democrats.  They've succeeded at least a little and the nomination won't happen before October now, delaying Kavanaugh from becoming a sitting judge if he is nominated in the future.

2.  I have no idea if she was attacked in the past, but I'm leaning towards at best she is projecting her hate of Trump/conservatives/her attacker towards Kavanaugh at worse she is flat out lying and is mentally ill.

3.  I have no idea.

4.  I'm not a psychologist, but many things she's said and done are contradictory.

5.  She was trying be difficult to stall for more time.

6.  The therapist she supposedly regained her suppressed memories from listed no names.  One of her close friends said the first time she ever mentioned Kavanaugh's name was after he was nominated.  I have no idea how true or not that is.

7. She is reasonably sure(but not completely certain) of the year this event happened, and 100% sure Kavanaugh was the one who attacked her, but not a single person she has claimed as a witness has backed her up.  All witnesses said it never happened, she does not know the location of the house, what day, what month, how she got there or how she got back.  I call it BS, but others disagree.

8.  There's no way to prove any of this, so there's no use dwelling over it unless some evidence is found.

9.  She was also smiling and laughing during her time there.  Considering she claimed she burst into tears while telling the story privately during the polygraph testing(thus completely ruining any possibly accuracy of the test), and she had to stop to speak with THREE lawyers before answering some questions makes her "performance" a joke.  She was very well coached on how to speak and act.

10.  Because the Democrats want drama to throw the proceedings into turmoil, try and energize voters as well as get sympathy to make up for lack of credibility.

11.  Most likely.

12.  You're not alone in your doubts and reasonable conclusions, but SJW's and the more extremist liberals wanted to tear this man down even before these claims came about.  They'd likely celebrate if he was shot dead despite at worst being accused of groping a drunk girl as a drunk teenager one time.

Edited by Wickian
  • Like 2

I thought it was ridiculous how when she was asked if her initial letter was correct, how she took several minutes to read it again. But when asked by Feinstein about particulars of the "party", she had snappy answers, and vivid details immediately. Stalling for time... and why? My guess would be due to partisanship. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Agent0range said:

So let him take one.  People can talk down polygraphs all they want, but when it comes to government trust, it is the go to.  To give an 18 year old kid access to the nations secrets with a TS/SCI clearance, it takes a polygraph.  The only difference between a secret clearance and a TS clearance is a polygraph test, and 3 years further back on the check.  So, the government does place a very high weight on the polygraph.  The fact that you won't submit to a polygraph, and did not want an FBI investigation, as Kavanaugh stated, is very telling in itself.

Didn't watch the hearings? They asked if he would take a polygraph and he said "I'll do whatever you want.". They didn't pursue it though because I believe they actually don't want him to, they just wanted him to say No so they could beat him over the head with it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Agent0range said:

But the drunken party wasn't on my calendar!  How compelling.  He also said he was drinking legally in Maryland at that time.  Which is false.  Care to take up that lie?

My friends and I went to a couple of bars at 15. I had fake ID at 18 that I used until I was 21. I'm a good person and rarely drink at my age. I don't see that as a big deal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

“Minions,” you mean millions?

Kavanaugh lost me whenever he bragged about his prolonged state of virginity, as proof of his virtue. That was his Anita Hill pube on the coke can moment. Congratulations Bret ... you just lost the men too.

Come on man, no woman would put out for you, because you could only get up the nerve when you were drunk? Maybe the nerve in his proboscis was saying “no,” and the women knew it, which is probably why Senator Graham flamed out like a queen, revealing that her only talent is in her mouth. Maybe they could help One another’s sexual frustrations?

He went to an all boys Catholic school. I bet most of their graduates were virgins....lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gertdoggy said:

I grew up in the 80's and actually never heard either saying used. Google has boofing as slang for "The act of inserting drugs into the anus for a longer trip" so I have no idea where vomiting or sex comes into that.

My friends and I from that era have several different references that no one else would understand, for example my user name. I had a friend we called a "two can Sam", a person who is $hit faced drunk on only 2 beers. Under the influence of her two beers she could never pronounce my name, Chris, it always came out as Skliss....to this day I have friends that call me both skliss and sklisstine. That's only one example.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Didn't watch the hearings? They asked if he would take a polygraph and he said "I'll do whatever you want.". They didn't pursue it though because I believe they actually don't want him to, they just wanted him to say No so they could beat him over the head with it.

well it doesn't help Kavanaugh's case when President Trump calls the witness, Dr Ford, a VERY CREDIBLE Witness. Kavanaugh is dead meat.

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I was in college in the 80’s and I think you are correct on the meaning of those two terms.

The guy is a liar, and he’s been caught red handed by you.

well now you're making me blush...

1 hour ago, skliss said:

My friends and I went to a couple of bars at 15. I had fake ID at 18 that I used until I was 21. I'm a good person and rarely drink at my age. I don't see that as a big deal. 

It's not. Lying about it under oath is, however. Perjury results in judges being impeached, for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, skliss said:

My friends and I from that era have several different references that no one else would understand, for example my user name. I had a friend we called a "two can Sam", a person who is $hit faced drunk on only 2 beers. Under the influence of her two beers she could never pronounce my name, Chris, it always came out as Skliss....to this day I have friends that call me both skliss and sklisstine. That's only one example.

In college I had a friend we called 0.5 Phil (never in front of him though), because he'd loose his memory of what happened after half a beer. And we'd tell him he drank the whole 6 pack, but really we'd drink most of it. Now saying that, doubtless I'll never be able to run for public office... :lol:

I was in high school from 82 to 87, and I never heard of boofing, or about the triangle.

We also drank beer. There was only a handful of people in the whole HS who did not. And many if them would drink till they passed out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skliss said:

He went to an all boys Catholic school. I bet most of their graduates were virgins....lol

18 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

In college I had a friend we called 0.5 Phil (never in front of him though), because he'd loose his memory of what happened after half a beer. And we'd tell him he drank the whole 6 pack, but really we'd drink most of it. Now saying that, doubtless I'll never be able to run for public office... :lol:

I was in high school from 82 to 87, and I never heard of boofing, or about the triangle.

We also drank beer. There was only a handful of people in the whole HS who did not. And many if them would drink till they passed out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

Besides the legality of drinking age, what has given you pause? Keep in mind, Ford testified she was drunk at the same party at the age of 15.

Yes. Why was a 15 year old at this party of older kids in the first place? She also didn't say how she ended up alone upstairs with the two boys. If she did, I missed it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Yes. Why was a 15 year old at this party of older kids in the first place? She also didn't say how she ended up alone upstairs with the two boys. If she did, I missed it.

In a swimsuit.

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

In a swimsuit.

I know she said she had a swimsuit on under her clothing but that doesn't explain how she got there and in the position for this to happen. Had she been swimming alone somewhere? Somebody has to know something that she can't remember. Of course, we all know people's perspectives on events change over time.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, susieice said:

She was upstairs to use the bathroom. I do not believe it was asked why she didn't use the downstairs bathroom.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

i made another post so refer to that. its a about the terms boofing and devils triangle. i think you're younger than me but i can tell you he's definition is full of chit. you know it just keeps coming back to if you lie one then then the whole thing is a lie. you just can't be truthful part of the time.  

I’ve only heard DT referred to as a drinking game.  Of course, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t also a sex act.  When I was in high school, we had a bit of a scandal.  Two sisters had four guys at their home and the parents caught them.  But we would just refer to it as a manage et tois in reverse.  As for farting, we would call it Barking Spiders.  And that would indicate that it really depends on what area of the country you are in.  Slang in one area doesn’t mean the same thing in another.  As I have mentioned earlier, it could be that both Kavanaugh and Blasey were victims of a mean spirited childhood prank.  Both were traumatized.  If he had been a serial rapist, he wouldn’t have all those women come forward to say he has never harassed them. 

At this point, you also have to look at culture.  If it were a sex culture, then both genders were involved in it and nobody is talking.  It would be a sex club or a secret society.  If that is the situation, you can’t put blame on any one individual.  This is a bigger, deeper problem.  Does that culture still exist in that area?  But mind you, this is just speculation.  The gang rapist story just doesn’t hold water.  Bottom line is that there is really no evidence that anything happened. 

Now that is cruel sounding for Ford, but let’s use this as a teaching moment so it doesn’t happen again.  Teens are always going to be sexually active but if GOD is not present in the family (more than in name only), they will not be properly equipped to make such highly emotional decisions.  Teen brains are not fully developed and they need to be taught right and wrong at an early age.  It seems that Kavanaugh was.  The Mitzvah is not there to rain on people’s parade but to protect them.  The Ten Commandments is meant to teach respect (for self, others, and GOD).  That will prevent alleged incidents such as this.  It appears that Kavanaugh was able to grow out of that culture and has devoted his life to being one of the best judges in this country.  Even if he was guilty of this, he has already paid his penance.

Woe be to this country if ever the Progs are allowed to reach into everyone’s deepest darkest secrets and ruin lives to grab power.  Who here doesn’t have some secret they’d prefer not to share with the world?  No one is innocent here and that is what this really amounts to.  I wonder what would happen if those Progs on the committee had their lives probed, what would we find?  We already know a few (Booker and Blumenthal).  What does Feinstein hide?  They have no shame.  They are not defenders of the public virtue.  They want power plain and simple.  Perhaps all Politicians should take the Candor Truth Serum before taking their seat. 

We know that Ford has had a successful life but from the hearing we see hints of mental illness.  We know that Mark Judge is fragile from nervous breakdowns.  Are these people suffering from sexual wrongs or from the pressures of over expectation at an early age?  Over achievement and the lack of GOD and people wonder why this nation is Ill?  Kavanaugh may or may not get confirmed.  It really doesn’t matter because of this sham, no one will ever be confirmed again unless the Progs use their usual dirty tricks to pull strings.  It is amazing to see the Progs complain about Republicans wanting to rush this confirmation through (we all know why) and yet they don't even have second thoughts rushing things like Obamacare through (not a single Republican voted for it).  You had drive-bys that allowed it to be voted on but that was it.

This is beyond sexual allegations.  This is a battle to find dignity for an imperfect people and Progs are on the verge of destroying that dignity.  And with no dignity, we will simply be enslaved on the Plantation.  I just woke up.  I guess I had a lot on my mind…

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

Have people threaten to kill your children and see how you react.

I don't care what your political affiliation, your kids should be off limits.

Ok I confess my ignorance.  I only saw a part on lunch break.  When did this come up?  Was he talking about his children being threatened?  Did Prof.  Ford talk about her family receiving death threats?  I missed all that.  I didn't see what set Lindsey Graham off. 

But Michelle, you are totally right this partisan junk has gone way too far when stuff like that happens.

And maybe it is not all just partisan.  Low life trolls have become a lot more offensive due to the anonymity of the internet.   How does one root out and punish or silence these cowards?

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, susieice said:

Personally, I think she may have feared that she would be raped.

However, I think that was a 14 or 15 year old girls mind running at full speed.      As I mentioned earlier, there was a time I truly thought I was going to get murdered.    Turns out it was just my mind playing tricks on me.   Had a cab stopped for me and if I was able to get out of there, I would probably still believe, to this day, that those guys would have murdered me.  

• Like 2

The house Democrats goals are to delay or halt the nomination long enough to hopefully gain the majority at the midterm election. That way any Republican nominated to the Supreme court will be denied until 2020 where the Democrats are hoping to take the Presidency and nominate a Democratic Supreme Court justice.

Even if the FBI investigation comes back clearing Brett Kavanaugh of all wrongdoing, we already know how the Democrats will vote towards Judge Kavanaugh. Zero Democratic votes.

At least that is how I see it, and why Senator Feinstein sat on the letter for so long.

If Judge Kavanaugh is not cleared by the FBI, then we will get to see the next nominee slandered.

Not hard to figure out politics.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked