Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Kavanaugh get the nod?

Myles

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kavanaugh get enough YES votes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 07:32 PM

48 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

She was upstairs to use the bathroom. I do not believe it was asked why she didn't use the downstairs bathroom.

Thanks. I missed her saying that but it makes sense. 

12 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The house Democrats goals are to delay or halt the nomination long enough to hopefully gain the majority at the midterm election. That way any Republican nominated to the Supreme court will be denied until 2020 where the Democrats are hoping to take the Presidency and nominate a Democratic Supreme Court justice.

Even if the FBI investigation comes back clearing Brett Kavanaugh of all wrongdoing, we already know how the Democrats will vote towards Judge Kavanaugh. Zero Democratic votes.

At least that is how I see it, and why Senator Feinstein sat on the letter for so long.

If Judge Kavanaugh is not cleared by the FBI, then we will get to see the next nominee slandered.

Not hard to figure out politics.

And it's also obvious that whoever the Democrats nominate will be ground into minced meat. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, susieice said:

And it's also obvious that whoever the Democrats nominate will be ground into minced meat. 

Sure tis true.  You will recall that when President Obama nominated Merrick Garland,  Mitch McConnell avoided even giving him a hearing saying that Obama was in his last year of office.    This strategy did not get invented just for this occasion by the Democrats.  But you are right, it will probably be used again.  There was strong Democratic opposition to Neil Gorsuch, only 3 voted for him, but he did not get the slander treatment Kavenaugh did.  Same people basically voting, not the bitter acrimony.    Next time, who knows?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skliss said:

He went to an all boys Catholic school. I bet most of their graduates were virgins....lol

That's not far off the mark.  I also went to an all boys Catholic school.  Mine was run by the Christian Brothers and they instilled a certain culture in the school.  It's my understanding that Kavenaugh went to a school run by the Jesuits.  They're like the drill instructors of the Catholic faith.  Between his accomplished parents no doubt pushing him and the Jesuits putting the fear of God in him in addition to his various activities, remaining a virgin for as long as he claims sounds entirely feasible.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

That's not far off the mark.  I also went to an all boys Catholic school.  Mine was run by the Christian Brothers and they instilled a certain culture in the school.  It's my understanding that Kavenaugh went to a school run by the Jesuits.  They're like the drill instructors of the Catholic faith.  Between his accomplished parents no doubt pushing him and the Jesuits putting the fear of God in him in addition to his various activities, remaining a virgin for as long as he claims sounds entirely feasible.

Yeah, I couldn't do that and not drink, either.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Sure tis true.  You will recall that when President Obama nominated Merrick Garland,  Mitch McConnell avoided even giving him a hearing saying that Obama was in his last year of office.    This strategy did not get invented just for this occasion by the Democrats.  But you are right, it will probably be used again.  There was strong Democratic opposition to Neil Gorsuch, only 3 voted for him, but he did not get the slander treatment Kavenaugh did.  Same people basically voting, not the bitter acrimony.    Next time, who knows?

Now I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember reading somewhere Ford wrote a similar letter when Gorsuch was nominated, about him. Maybe I'll look around a little. 

So not seeing verification but it seems when Feinstein was asked she said something like (I can't get it to copy) "I can't verify everything she said is truthful " about the sexual assault allegations regarding Kavanaugh.

Seems odd. Anyway, I'm  calling no on a goresuch letter until there's some confirmation.

51 minutes ago, skliss said:

Now I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember reading somewhere Ford wrote a similar letter when Gorsuch was nominated, about him. Maybe I'll look around a little. 

I saw that passed around as well however I do not believe there was any truth to that.

• Thanks 1

Couple of developments:

Christine Blasey Ford's friend is not refuting Ford's allegation, will cooperate with FBI, lawyer says

FBI reaches out to second woman who has accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct

It's Avenatti's client I think will offer the most corroborating evidence. He says he has multiple witnesses and she's another credible accuser with security clearances. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Couple of developments:

Christine Blasey Ford's friend is not refuting Ford's allegation, will cooperate with FBI, lawyer says

FBI reaches out to second woman who has accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct

It's Avenatti's client I think will offer the most corroborating evidence. He says he has multiple witnesses and she's another credible accuser with security clearances. 

So she is cooperating with the FBI to say she has no knowledge of the party, the accusation, or Kavanaugh. Strong witness.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bee said:

you don't need to be psychic when your father works for the CIA.... '''walls have ears'''' 

Well since I posted that which you reference Bee, I've since found a CNBC article from July 5th saying the President had decided to choose Kavanagh as the nominee. So the idea that Ford came forward before Kavanagh's nomination was public is false.

Edited by lost_shaman

5 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

So she is cooperating with the FBI to say she has no knowledge of the party, the accusation, or Kavanaugh. Strong witness.

I think the point to be made is that Kavanaugh lied when he claimed that she denied it happened. She never denied it happened, and him being a lawyer would have known from the words of her statement exactly what she said and what it means. Which means he told yet another lie.

In fact, no one said it didn't happen. They said they didn't remember it happening, and that's if they even would have known about it in the first place. After all, to anyone except those directly involved in the attack, it was just another summer party, like the many others they no doubt had.

• Like 1

Just now, lost_shaman said:

Well since I posted that which you reference Bee, If since found a CNBC article from July 5th saying the President had decided to choose Kavanagh as the nominee. So the idea that Ford came forward before Kavanagh's nomination was public is false.

Oh my God this again? Are you trolling? The Washington Post said that she contacted them before the President made his decision public. It's right there in the article I quoted about 5 times to you.

• Haha 1

It's so odd people aren't going on and on about her lies. She flat out lied about being afraid to fly when she flies all over the world.

• Like 3

And reports I've seen say exactly what he said....that she stated not only was she never at a party with those people but she's never met Brett Kavanaugh. I believe she said she believes her friend that it happened but she never said she believes Brett Kavanaugh was the one who did it.

And really, none of us know for sure what exactly she said because none of us have access to her sworn statement. Two people can say different things under oath and neither be lieing, they are giving their versions of the truth.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh my God this again? Are you trolling? The Washington Post said that she contacted them before the President made his decision public. It's right there in the article I quoted about 5 times to you.

And I showed that CNBC reported that the President had decided on Kavanagh on July 5th.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

And I showed that CNBC reported that the President had decided on Kavanagh on July 5th.

And she came forward, according to the organisation that she reached out to, before Trump made it public. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think the point to be made is that Kavanaugh lied when he claimed that she denied it happened. She never denied it happened, and him being a lawyer would have known from the words of her statement exactly what she said and what it means. Which means he told yet another lie.

In fact, no one said it didn't happen. They said they didn't remember it happening, and that's if they even would have known about it in the first place. After all, to anyone except those directly involved in the attack, it was just another summer party, like the many others they no doubt had.

He didn't have to claim anything and neither did she. The affidavits from both sides were in the hands of the Senators. They asked Ford if she was aware of what her friends had said and she said yes.

20 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think the point to be made is that Kavanaugh lied when he claimed that she denied it happened.

Not Kavanagh, but Mrs. Keyser's Lawyer in a letter to the Committee. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

And she came forward, according to the organisation that she reached out to, before Trump made it public. 

CNBC still reported that the President had decided on Kavanagh on July 5th.

Edit: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/05/trump-indicates-to-allies-that-he-settled-on-a-supreme-court-nominee.html

Edited by lost_shaman

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

CNBC still reported that the President had decided on Kavanagh on July 5th.

From the CNN article:

• President Donald Trump has privately indicated to a small group that he’s settled on a nominee to succeed Justice Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.
  • Sources said the president gave strong indications that he prefers D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Still, the sources insist the president could change his mind.
  • A White House official told CNBC that the president has yet to layout his Supreme Court decision to his team and would not confirm or deny whom is favored to succeed Kennedy.

His decision wasn't final and the rumour was reported by one outlet. And there are still 5 days out of the 8 in July before the 9th in which she could have contacted the WP. 

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I’ve only heard DT referred to as a drinking game.  Of course, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t also a sex act.  When I was in high school, we had a bit of a scandal.  Two sisters had four guys at their home and the parents caught them.  But we would just refer to it as a manage et tois in reverse.  As for farting, we would call it Barking Spiders.  And that would indicate that it really depends on what area of the country you are in.  Slang in one area doesn’t mean the same thing in another.  As I have mentioned earlier, it could be that both Kavanaugh and Blasey were victims of a mean spirited childhood prank.  Both were traumatized.  If he had been a serial rapist, he wouldn’t have all those women come forward to say he has never harassed them. 

At this point, you also have to look at culture.  If it were a sex culture, then both genders were involved in it and nobody is talking.  It would be a sex club or a secret society.  If that is the situation, you can’t put blame on any one individual.  This is a bigger, deeper problem.  Does that culture still exist in that area?  But mind you, this is just speculation.  The gang rapist story just doesn’t hold water.  Bottom line is that there is really no evidence that anything happened. 

Now that is cruel sounding for Ford, but let’s use this as a teaching moment so it doesn’t happen again.  Teens are always going to be sexually active but if GOD is not present in the family (more than in name only), they will not be properly equipped to make such highly emotional decisions.  Teen brains are not fully developed and they need to be taught right and wrong at an early age.  It seems that Kavanaugh was.  The Mitzvah is not there to rain on people’s parade but to protect them.  The Ten Commandments is meant to teach respect (for self, others, and GOD).  That will prevent alleged incidents such as this.  It appears that Kavanaugh was able to grow out of that culture and has devoted his life to being one of the best judges in this country.  Even if he was guilty of this, he has already paid his penance.

Woe be to this country if ever the Progs are allowed to reach into everyone’s deepest darkest secrets and ruin lives to grab power.  Who here doesn’t have some secret they’d prefer not to share with the world?  No one is innocent here and that is what this really amounts to.  I wonder what would happen if those Progs on the committee had their lives probed, what would we find?  We already know a few (Booker and Blumenthal).  What does Feinstein hide?  They have no shame.  They are not defenders of the public virtue.  They want power plain and simple.  Perhaps all Politicians should take the Candor Truth Serum before taking their seat. 

We know that Ford has had a successful life but from the hearing we see hints of mental illness.  We know that Mark Judge is fragile from nervous breakdowns.  Are these people suffering from sexual wrongs or from the pressures of over expectation at an early age?  Over achievement and the lack of GOD and people wonder why this nation is Ill?  Kavanaugh may or may not get confirmed.  It really doesn’t matter because of this sham, no one will ever be confirmed again unless the Progs use their usual dirty tricks to pull strings.  It is amazing to see the Progs complain about Republicans wanting to rush this confirmation through (we all know why) and yet they don't even have second thoughts rushing things like Obamacare through (not a single Republican voted for it).  You had drive-bys that allowed it to be voted on but that was it.

This is beyond sexual allegations.  This is a battle to find dignity for an imperfect people and Progs are on the verge of destroying that dignity.  And with no dignity, we will simply be enslaved on the Plantation.  I just woke up.  I guess I had a lot on my mind…

i agree wholeheartedly with your views on teenage sexual experimentation and the absence of God. my problem with Kavanaugh is one of moral fibre. as per his nomination, he has none. the prize of federal court judge made him a liar and its not cool for someone in his position to be in. of course you can say the same for Ford and her motives but she isn't going for public office.but she s a political tool being used by the democrats. its all one big political play which we're all seen countless times. President Clinton lied and got caught out so republicans like yourself shouldn't be crying about Trumps nomination being put through the washer. Trump certainly isn't and has already starting to distance himself from Kavanaugh by heaping praise on Ford and bringing in the FBI to investigate. and again you hit the nail on the head by saying that Kavanaugh only did what teenagers do. you, me and everyone else. but those lies and bullying... too much and too hard. with a patron like Trump and his indiscretions he should have taken a leaf out of Trumps play book and just proudly laughter off his teenage follies.

' yeah i drank and fooled around with women but in no way was i a rapist' instead of portraying himself as this god fearing and principled young man, which we all know is bullchit.  

30 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It's so odd people aren't going on and on about her lies. She flat out lied about being afraid to fly when she flies all over the world.

she's not going for public office. but Kavanaugh is. 

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

His decision wasn't final

And he could have changed his mind, but they still named Kavanagh as the Judge the President had told people he had decided on and that fact is clearly correct.

• The topic was locked