Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Kavanaugh get the nod?

Myles

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kavanaugh get enough YES votes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 07:32 PM

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

Did you go to the Police, or tell your Parents, or tell your friends, or write the experience down in a Diary, or anything? And if not, why not? 

As I stated earlier ,"No". And why not?  Shame. It is a Grose and disgusting thing to experience, you don't know who to tell or what to say, you just want to shower and try to never think about it.  But it is always there. Reminders like this sort of thing bring it back to the surface. Most encountersuccessful are never reported to anyone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kismit said:

As I stated earlier ,"No". And why not?  Shame. It is a Grose and disgusting thing to experience, you don't know who to tell or what to say, you just want to shower and try to never think about it.  But it is always there. Reminders like this sort of thing bring it back to the surface. Most encountersuccessful are never reported to anyone.

As I stated in this thread earlier my two Daughters were molested by family members (not on my side of the Family) and they were younger than 15 and they came forward and told "us" their Parents, and others, and the Police were informed and Charges were filed and my Daughters still younger than 15 went to court and testified and one of the Offenders has been in Prison for over 13 years now. Of course there was direct evidence of the molestation it wasn't simply a matter of accusation alone but my Daughters did not know that when they came forward. 

• Like 1

people are all different, people react in many different ways, live with the issue in many different ways. Society has to be able to work with those differences and complexities.

Edited by RAyMO

Even Five years ago when my oldest Daughter was 18, she went to sleep over with a Friend of hers and during the night when her and the Friend had went to bed the Friends Father came into the bedroom and fondled her! The next morning she called me and told me everything that happened. She didn't hide it or ignore it. But at that time she was an Adult and I urged her to report it to the Police. But I also told her that as an Adult she would have to make that decision to do so and I'd wholeheartedly support her, but she'd have to go to Court and testify and she had to decide if she wanted to go through that AGAIN. She choose not to report the incident which greatly upset me, but it was her decision to make. 

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Sad 1

Well, it's over. 

Brett Kavanaugh is a Supreme Court Justice. 

Christine Ford is welcome to take her case to the Police, should she choose to do so. 

The end. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

people are all different, people react in many different ways, live with the issue in many different ways. Society has to be able to work with those differences and complexities.

I agree with this. Having said that though, sometimes we have to make sacrifices to preserve the "presumption of innocence" which is a fundamental value in Western society. This means that an Offender of any type of Crime must be "presumed innocent" until "proven guilty", even if that means that sometimes Offenders get to walk Free. Ford's accusations are a perfect example of this, her simple accusation alone is simply not enough to "assume" Kavanagh is "guilty" of the things she accused him of. She never came forward to anyone not even her Friends and subsequently has no evidence that what she said happened or that it was even Kavanagh who did the things she said happened to her. She may well be remembering a true and real experience but there just is no evidence to "prove" it was Kavanagh, it may have been some other "boys" at some other "party", so without any supporting evidence to corroborate her story/accusations, we MUST assume Kavanagh is "innocent" of the accusations. Otherwise "we" as Western Society lose a fundamental defining aspect of "our" Society. 

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

No no no ... the hat red people are the MAGA mob.

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

As I stated in this thread earlier my two Daughters were molested by family members (not on my side of the Family) and they were younger than 15 and they came forward and told "us" their Parents, and others, and the Police were informed and Charges were filed and my Daughters still younger than 15 went to court and testified and one of the Offenders has been in Prison for over 13 years now. Of course there was direct evidence of the molestation it wasn't simply a matter of accusation alone but my Daughters did not know that when they came forward. 

That's great. Would you like to tell me what evidence I would have had?

8 minutes ago, Kismit said:

That's great. Would you like to tell me what evidence I would have had?

You haven't really given me any details of your incident/groping other than you said it happened in a Supermarket. That said, had you went to the Police they may have been able to locate a witness(?) and they could have swabbed your skin where the boy touched you and that would have left his DNA on your body and that would be very Damning evidence that the crime was committed. 

Edit: They could have examined your clothes for fibers left behind from the Offenders clothing as well. 

Edited by lost_shaman

7 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

You haven't really given me any details of your incident/groping other than you said it happened in a Supermarket. That said, had you went to the Police they may have been able to locate a witness(?) and they could have swabbed your skin where the boy touched you and that would have left his DNA on your body and that would be very Damning evidence that the crime was committed. 

Edit: They could have examined your clothes for fibers left behind from the Offenders clothing as well. 

No witnesses,  no cameras. No evidence.  Not every one has the opportunity to get justice. They still have to experience it and unfortunately they are still expected to justify it. 

I think this thread is truly done.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked