Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Kavanaugh get the nod?

Myles

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kavanaugh get enough YES votes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 07:32 PM

15 minutes ago, susieice said:

Do you know the difference? There is no evidence either way. 

Not only is witness testimony considered evidence, it's the most important form of evidence. For just about every type of prosecution, witness testimony is an actual requirement without which there would be no conviction. In fact, with cases of sexual assault, it's often the only form of evidence.

I wish people would stop trying to make this completely baseless and outright nonsensical claim. This isn't CSI. Witness testimony is evidence. And the dozens of witnesses that Trump ordered the FBI to ignore was a clear case of ignoring evidence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Not only is witness testimony considered evidence, it's the most important form of evidence. For just about every type of prosecution, witness testimony is an actual requirement without which there would be no conviction. In fact, with cases of sexual assault, it's often the only form of evidence.

I wish people would stop trying to make this completely baseless and outright nonsensical claim. This isn't CSI. Witness testimony is evidence. And the dozens of witnesses that Trump ordered the FBI to ignore was a clear case of ignoring evidence.

Not if inaccurate, misstated or an outright fabrication. None of Ford's witnesses could corroborate her claims. The FBI was not obliged to investigate the Judge's--I mean--Justice Kavanaugh's misspent youth.

Your side lost, get use to that idea. Next month, the Republicans may face the Revenge of the Sith and you'll get to strut and preen. In the meantime, enjoy the ashes. I recommend a nice sweet riesling wine to ameliorate the bitterness.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

She thought he maight rape her.   That is so far away from him raping her.   It's sad that you do not understand this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Kavanaugh was so combative against the democratic house members? straight off the bat Kavanaugh turned the whole proceedings into a political fight. screamed and shouted.

Its like you never watched any of it. During the hearings kavanaugh was polite and respectful, answered more questions from derisive and bloviating democrats than all of the nominees before him combined. During the last hearing he was angry and rightfully so but never screamed or shouted. Tell me how you would have felt if, as a grown man on national television, you were asked about your virginity....the dems were rude and disrespectful and got far less than they deserved at his hands. He was far nicer than I would have been, job interview or not.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

She thought he maight rape her.   That is so far away from him raping her.   It's sad that you do not understand this.

I'd say his attempting to get her underwear off while pinning her down and choking her so successfully that she thought she would die, only to be stopped by his inability to navigate a one-piece bathing suit she had on under her clothes, would convince anyone that they were about to be raped. No? Just boys being boys I guess. 

What would you do to someone who had had your daughter in that situation? Sorta dispels any supposed ambiguity I would guess. Unless, would you tell her that she must have imagined it? When fear had crippled her, would you then blame her for not having the courage to tell anyone at the time? 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'd say his attempting to get her underwear off while pinning her down and choking her so successfully that she thought she would die, only to be stopped by his inability to navigate a one-piece bathing suit she had on under her clothes, would convince anyone that they were about to be raped. No? Just boys being boys I guess. 

What would you do to someone who had had your daughter in that situation? Sorta dispels any supposed ambiguity I would guess. Unless, would you tell her that she must have imagined it? When fear had crippled her, would you then blame her for not having the courage to tell anyone at the time? 

Wow, talk about rewriting (fictional) history! I watched both testimonies and never heard the words "underwear " or "choked".  And she admitted that she thought maybe they were going to rape her but she might have been wrong. So even she wasn't sure what happened....if in fact she's remembering a real instance. I've had things happen to me and I've been the confidant of many women friends and I've never heard a more ambiguous story!

And PS that fake, quavery,  little girl voice along with not one speck of eye moisture didn't help.

Edited by skliss
Added
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, skliss said:

Wow, talk about rewriting (fictional) history! I watched both testimonies and never heard the words "underwear " or "choked".  And she admitted that she thought maybe they were going to rape her but she might have been wrong. So even she wasn't sure what happened....if in fact she's remembering a real instance. I've had things happen to me and I've been the confidant of many women friends and I've never heard a more ambiguous story!

And PS that fake, quavery,  little girl voice along with not one speck of eye moisture didn't help.

Yeah, it sounded so "South Park". A woman traumatized by that horrible time back in her youth when she wasn't raped.

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Good; I'd hate to think you'd cling to stereotypical nonsense. 

What does that comment even mean?  You used the term soy-boy, then I commented how he cried and threw a temper tantrum, so what is the stereotypical nonsense?  

• Like 1

The Walkaway movement has increased since the Kavanaugh hearings.

2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Kavanaugh will be a Senator for many years to come.

2058 - "Back in my day we had........."

Kavanaugh1.png

You mean a Supreme Court Justice,  not a Senator. 

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I thought you were going to threaten to kill me, you should be banned.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 3:46 PM, Myles said:

I could elaborate on that.   I was staying at a hotel for business.   May have been my first ever business trip.   I was 23-24.   I wanted to hit a bar for a drink that evening.   I had the company credit card.   I walked about 3 blocks down the street (chose the wrong direction).   It was around 10 o'clock.   Very soon, I was the only white person among many black guys who I would swear were gang members.  As I continued to walk, a few of them started following me.   I was terrified and thought for sure I would die there.   I remember debating whether to attempt to write a note.   I had a pencil in my pocket.   As I kept walking, they turned and went the other way.     

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Let's turn this around.  If your son was accused by a girl who was against everything he believed in, something that could not be proved.  That had zero evidence.  Something that is claimed to have taken place more than a third of a century ago.  By a person who cannot remember other things clearly.  By a young teenager who thinks that things might happen.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Let's turn this around.  If your son was accused by a girl who was against everything he believed in, something that could not be proved.  That had zero evidence.  Something that is claimed to have taken place more than a third of a century ago.  By a person who cannot remember other things clearly.  By a young teenager who thinks that things might happen.  

And if that same son lied under oath multiple times, clearly, with emails to back it up.  That same son who's friends and roommates came forward and said that son was lying...who would you believe?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The witnesses all said they didn't know anything about such a party or attack. Get over it. The man is innocent until he's proven guilty.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

The witnesses all said they didn't know anything about such a party or attack. Get over it. The man is innocent until he's proven guilty.

Nobody really beleives he did anything. They just cant wrap their heads around the fact that the country is wholeheartedly rejecting their tactics and everything they stand for. It's a matter of pride at this point and they refuse to swallow it and humble themselves. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Nobody really beleives he did anything. They just cant wrap their heads around the fact that the country is wholeheartedly rejecting their tactics and everything they stand for. It's a matter of pride at this point and they refuse to swallow it and humble themselves. 

It's a good thing they aren't women. Many, many good women have had to let go because they couldn't give proof of what happened to them. You need to tell someone. Gather proof that person was there if you can. Ask the people who may have known you were with him. And for Heaven's sake, don't wait 40 years!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

What does that comment even mean?  You used the term soy-boy, then I commented how he cried and threw a temper tantrum, so what is the stereotypical nonsense?  

That it is some how "unmanly" to cry tears of rage and come off the ropes swinging. Children have temper tantrums.  Brett had a manly fit of righteous rage over the false accusations and insults piled on him. In less genteel times blood would have been spilt over it. The people for him, for the most part, understand and admire him for it. He put into words what most of them were thinking, straight talk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

And if that same son lied under oath multiple times, clearly, with emails to back it up.  That same son who's friends and roommates came forward and said that son was lying...who would you believe?

I'd believe my son and not lies about him giving false testimony at anytime in his life. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-confirmation-perjury-claims-totally-baseless/

13 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Man if you cant understand the requirements , functions and difference between politicians and judges that is a serious you problem. 

Is there something in the Constitution thats states a difference that you can reference? Are not many of the Members in icluding Senator Graham not lawyers and aren't almost all Judges lawyers that have been either elected or appointed to be Judges? 

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Here there were no "witnesses"! You do understand that right? There was one or two accusers. Accusers are not 'witnesses'! All the people that were named as "witnesses" denied the FACTS or any knowledge of what the "accusers" were "accusing". 

7 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Children have temper tantrums.  Brett had a manly fit of righteous rage over the false

Whatever it takes for you to sleep at night :lol:

Kavanaugh wilted under pressure and acted like a junior high kid with his "no you" antics

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZlngNr6T3iPqfvduAggM

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Is there something in the Constitution thats states a difference that you can reference? Are not many of the Members in icluding Senator Graham not lawyers and aren't almost all Judges lawyers that have been either elected or appointed to be Judges? 

Do you really need the constitution to tell you that a judge should behave differently than a politician? Really?

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked