Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Myles

Will Kavanaugh get the nod?

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will Kavanaugh get enough YES votes?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 07:32 PM

1,185 posts in this topic

Michelle

I think what bothers me the most is that she didn't even tell her best friends at the time. I had basically the same thing happen to me and I pretty much shouted it from the rooftops. I warned my girlfriends and guys that had sisters he may have asked out. She wasn't exactly a wallflower and would have been believed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not A Rockstar
2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

So let him take one.  People can talk down polygraphs all they want, but when it comes to government trust, it is the go to.  To give an 18 year old kid access to the nations secrets with a TS/SCI clearance, it takes a polygraph.  The only difference between a secret clearance and a TS clearance is a polygraph test, and 3 years further back on the check.  So, the government does place a very high weight on the polygraph.  The fact that you won't submit to a polygraph, and did not want an FBI investigation, as Kavanaugh stated, is very telling in itself.

Since when? I had TS/SCI/ plus clearances and never took a polygraph one time for the government. Not original and not consecutive renewals. 

• Thanks 1

susieice

Late to the party and didn't read the thread through, but here I go. I just don't know what to think. Dr Ford came across to me as someone who has had a bad experience, but her memory is so bad I'm not sure she can so positively identify her attacker. She can't remember where this party was or when. She doesn't know how she got there or how she got home. Memory loss isn't unusual for someone who's gone through a traumatic experience and it can't help that this took place 36 years ago. I also agree with Michelle here. All four of her friends who were supposed to collaborate this event took place responded that it never did. Including her best friend. Surely, that is one person she would have told, if no one else.

This Mark Judge is sounding like a character, and his book isn't going to help Kavanaugh through this process. From what I hear about him, I think it more likely he may have been the person who assaulted Dr Ford. There was a lot of drinking going on, which Kavanaugh did admit to, but I just don't know what to think. Maybe he was the one in the room, maybe this never happened as Dr Ford is remembering it. This link is pretty lengthy but I have to wonder if Judge isn't talking about his friend and his high school days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/27/us/mark-judge-kavanaugh-hearings.html

• Like 2

The Truman show

sounds like maybe she had her drink spiked.

Gertdoggy
21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

sounds like maybe she had her drink spiked.

Nothing in her testimony made it sound like that to me. 

• Like 1

The Truman show
3 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

Nothing in her testimony made it sound like that to me. 

i just went on what Susieice wrote about her bad memory.

RavenHawk
2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

“Minions,” you mean millions?

It could be millions of minions...but I was right the first time.  Good thing I caught your addition….

Kavanaugh lost me whenever he bragged about his prolonged state of virginity, as proof of his virtue. That was his Anita Hill pube on the coke can moment. Congratulations Bret ... you just lost the men too.

I figured this was a white lie, after all, teens will be curious to some degree.  But I can also see that he was indeed a virgin.  If he was 1st in his class and a jock, he didn’t have time for anything else.  His calendar is proof of that.  He admired his parents greatly but with him away a lot of the time, his parents had plenty of time for intimacy.  Everyone was getting some but him.

Come on man, no woman would put out for you, because you could only get up the nerve when you were drunk? Maybe the nerve in his proboscis was saying “no,” and the women knew it, which is probably why Senator Graham flamed out like a queen, revealing that her only talent is in her mouth. Maybe they could help One another’s sexual frustrations?

This is very confusing the way you have it written.  I can entertain the possibility that the culture was to fraternize with each other and at the moment of truth, Blasey chickened out.  I would even go as far as to say that Blasey and Kavanugh were setup to “do it” and it horribly went wrong.  The hearing does reveal that Blasey-Ford is a bit timid and naive.  Leland Ingham could have worked on Blasey being young and naïve and Mark Judge working on Kavanaugh being the old virgin.  Indeed, a crime was committed but Kavanaugh was just as much a victim as Blasey.  And it turns out to be a horrible childhood prank.  Both went on with their lives and have done quite well, perhaps have used their pain to excel.  We are all damaged to some degree.  And the Progs are using this at everyone’s expense to grab power.

Every possibility seems probable except for Kavanaugh being a gang rapist.

• Like 1

Gertdoggy
2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i just went on what Susieice wrote about her bad memory.

I could see her memory issues being caused by the traumatic experience.

Tatetopa

The evidence is not overwhelming, except for the fact that he is a monumental crybaby.  It looked like an episode of "Young and Restless." or some soap opera, all the over the top anger on both sides.  Not much judicial restraint.  Not much senatorial dignity either.

• Thanks 1

The Truman show
1 minute ago, Gertdoggy said:

I could see her memory issues being caused by the traumatic experience.

maybe. something traumatic happened and her recollection suffered. lack of witnesses at a party is disturbing. 

Gertdoggy

If you were innocent of these charges and just had your name dragged threw the mud and your family threatened possibly only due to a political stunt how would you act or behave. I can not answer that question for sure myself but he is after all a human being and I think it is irresponsible to label him for being upset at a very bad situation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hankenhunter
3 hours ago, Gertdoggy said:

This is what you quoted "She contacted The Post through a tip line in early July, when it had become clear that Kavanaugh was on the shortlist of possible nominees to replace retiring justice Anthony M. Kennedy but before Trump announced his name publicly. A registered Democrat who has made small contributions to political organizations, she contacted her congresswoman, Democrat Anna G. Eshoo, around the same time."

There is no date there, where again are you coming up with a date prior to the 9th

First to the tenth=early, eleventh  to the twentieth=mid, and the twenty first=late.

Hank

Gertdoggy
Just now, Hankenhunter said:

First to the tenth=early, eleventh  to the twentieth=mid, and the twenty first=late.

Hank

So 10th is early, that would be past the 9th.

Hankenhunter

That is so. Just posted it for clarity.

Hank

Michelle

6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The evidence is not overwhelming, except for the fact that he is a monumental crybaby.  It looked like an episode of "Young and Restless." or some soap opera, all the over the top anger on both sides.  Not much judicial restraint.  Not much senatorial dignity either.

Have people threaten to kill your children and see how you react.

I don't care what your political affiliation, your kids should be off limits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sir Wearer of Hats
13 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

If you were innocent of these charges and just had your name dragged threw the mud and your family threatened possibly only due to a political stunt how would you act or behave. I can not answer that question for sure myself but he is after all a human being and I think it is irresponsible to label him for being upset at a very bad situation.

I would be on the ****ing warpath. Anyone who as much as thought about repeating the allegations would be copping a law suit for slander. 

• Like 4

The Truman show
39 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

even though the evidence is not over whelming its the inconsistencies and in some cases the outright lies that has me doubting Kavanaugh.  

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

The Truman show
19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I would be on the ****ing warpath. Anyone who as much as thought about repeating the allegations would be copping a law suit for slander. 

you don't think a cleaver man like, Kavanaugh would use such slander and what not to redirect the attention and pressure away from where its obviously uncomfortable for him?

Imaginarynumber1

You're an idiot 

and then
10 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Christiany and you god can go right to your hell. We're not all puppets to nomad gods and your religion is not representative of this entire nation

You are entitled to your opinion but you aren't justified in dictating how others will live.  It's a two-way street.

Michelle
7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

even though the evidence is not over whelming is the inconsistencies and in some cases the outright lies that has me doubting Kavanaugh.  

Besides the legality of drinking age, what has given you pause? Keep in mind, Ford testified she was drunk at the same party at the age of 15.

• Like 2

The Truman show

in Kavanaugh's year book messages were written referring to 'boofing' and 'devils triangle' when questioned as to what they meant, Kavanaugh replied that boofing referred to vomitting and the devils triangle to a drinking game... now who the hell is he trying to kid. I spent a good position of my teenage years in the eighties and i can tell you that 'boofing' refers to screwing and the devils triangle is a reference to a hairy crotch. of course Kavanaugh was supposed to be a virgin or at least sexually inexperience but he seems to have all the 80's teenage terms down-pat. Kavanaugh is taking everyone on a long ride... 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2

Gertdoggy
5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

you don't think a cleaver man like, Kavanaugh would use such slander and what not to redirect the attention and pressure away from where its obviously uncomfortable for him?

If you are suggesting his reaction was all a show I think you could say the same for an accuser who is an American professor in psychology with a masters in education.  

• Like 2

The Truman show
3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Besides the legality of drinking age, what has given you pause? Keep in mind, Ford testified she was drunk at the same party at the age of 15.

i made another post so refer to that. its a about the terms boofing and devils triangle. i think you're younger than me but i can tell you he's definition is full of chit. you know it just keeps coming back to if you lie one then then the whole thing is a lie. you just can't be truthful part of the time.  

The Truman show
5 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

If you are suggesting his reaction was all a show I think you could say the same for an accuser who is an American professor in psychology with a masters in education.  

sorry to disappoint but the the whole hearing from top to bottom, left to right and what not is a show. and to be fair you raise an excellent point. Ford is a DR of psychology and the fact that he couldn't use this is telling. Democrats and republicans are all playing the same game but it still doesn't change the fact that Kavanaugh is full of it.  

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2