Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the real reason we haven't found ET ?

UM-Bot

1 minute ago, NightScreams said:

They may have evolved around using RF frequencies and other tell tale signals by using something else entirely that doesn't transmit over any long distances. There may be aliens that are more advanced than us but never had any interest or curiosity about space, instead evolving technologies that are very specific to their needs which may be far different than our needs.

yep, you could be right

• Like 1

I lost my watch in the house, searched for it, sure it's there but nada.... Universe is way bigger, so probably we need to search more for ET and I need to find my watch...

Edited by Jon the frog

2 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

I lost my watch in the house, searched for it, sure it's there but nada.... Universe is way bigger, so probably we need to search more for ET and I need to find my watch...

personally, i feel no need to search for ET-- what's the point?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

personally, i feel no need to search for ET-- what's the point?

Well you never wanted to see a death ray fry some, hummm stuff ? 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jon the frog said:

Well never wanted to see a death ray frying some, hummm stuff ? 

i've no idea what that means?? all due respect

All intelligent evolved species may be isolated due to their rarity. They may use their technology to create utopias or to dominate their own race. I would submit only predators evolve intelligence. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

I would submit only predators evolve intelligence

Which no doubt factors in to the mix, somehow. I am no astrophysicist, but I have always regarded the Drake Equation as hopelessly simplistic, and can barely believe it made it off the back of the drink coaster it was said to have originated on, in a few scribblings over a lunch conversation. If there are indeed a whole range of necessary pre-conditions for something resembling our current situation on Earth, the rules of compounding might mean it is a vanishingly small chance that something similar exists in this galaxy. Outside the galaxy, a completely different calculus. But  intergalactic distances are daunting.

Lol We are not rare, sorry to burst anyones bubble. We are too unappreciative, greedy and *******s. If an advanced alien civilization saw our attitudes they would be so disgusted they wouldn't bother. You can have 100 billion + stars with a potential 100 billion + habitable planets/moons in our GALAXY alone and be ignorant enough to make that claim. Also why would 100 years of radio technology warrant a stupid conclusion that we "should" of found alien life

I truly believe that the human race has not matured enough yet just look how we fight over religious beliefs and kill each other

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

DISTANCE!

ZxEBHZI.jpg

These radio signals would've faded into the background radiation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

If there are other intelligences in the galaxy, why would they want to communicate with us? We're such a primitive species at the present time. 

There are >2M forms of life on Earth and it has been shown that we humans are the most intelligent of the bunch, so why should we assume that we are a primitive, and at what level of primitiveness, species within the not known number of forms of life in the Universe and outside the Earth? Furthermore, as the development of intelligence is subject to time, why should we assume that other species are ahead of us in their development?

• Like 3

I think it's disgusting. They come down here, seed our distant ancestors with the 'intelligence gene' (against our will I might add), build the pyramids and scrawl all manor of graffiti on our landscapes then clear off back to where they came without so much as a by your leave. They're amoral I tell ye. Amoral!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Personally I think we are grasping at straws as far as this alien contact stuff is concerned....I don't know how a lot of this research is funded but there are more pressing issues with the human race on Earth....

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stiff said:

I think it's disgusting. They come down here, seed our distant ancestors with the 'intelligence gene' (against our will I might add), build the pyramids and scrawl all manor of graffiti on our landscapes then clear off back to where they came without so much as a by your leave. They're amoral I tell ye. Amoral!

What makes you think they cleared off back to where they came from?...................

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

Personally I think we are grasping at straws as far as this alien contact stuff is concerned....I don't know how a lot of this research is funded but there are more pressing issues with the human race on Earth....

I agree money spent looking for alien races should be spent on keeping people alive here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bruce fiction said:

I truly believe that the human race has not matured enough yet just look how we fight over religious beliefs and kill each other

Killing each other is never go change as wars can help cover up many things that the common people are just not getting to know about.

How would we ever know if we they where talking to a Alien race or races bottom line none of the common people would ever get to know anything about ET 

You see if ET sent a blue print down on how to get the to hell off this earth then we all would be left behind and not even known that some had left lets face it our government like to keep truths and facts to them self and drip feed us only what they need to, if we where lucky we may hear about it in 50 years but by then we would never know if it was fact or fiction.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bruce fiction said:

I think life on any planet will likely have a predator vs prey thing. So any predator is going to be pretty violent and brutal and higher intelligence just increases the complexities in which they utilize violence. We had to overcome anything that was considered a threat to us, from the wildlife to mother nature and will fight to the death to protect our gene pool. I think it's pretty likely any other intelligent aliens have a violent side as well to become the apex predator on their own world. 

However I'm sure it's possible to utilize technology to influence our DNA to weed out traits that make us violent. But how that could effect our reactions and choices to threats could determine our survival. We may lose our will to fight back and that may not end well for us. Being more advanced with technology means that we will face new threats from space and the deeper reaches there of. We may still need those traits to fight in order to save ourselves. Religion or not, it's still comes down to being the strongest only that survive to ensure a proper gene lineage that is most capable of progressing forward so species don't go the way of the Dodo and religion is an excuse to push dominating traits. There will always be an excuse to do so, it's a way mother nature figured out on determining which human traits were the strongest..

Edited by NightScreams
  • Like 2

"What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving, how express and admirable! In action, how like an angel! In apprehension, how like a God! The beauty of the world; the paragon of animals!" 

Now, that is presumption, spoken by Shakespeare through Hamlet with appropriate irony. Myself, if there are other intelligent species, I hardly think humans are the gold standard.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bruce fiction said:

That has more to do with a belief system that's been ingrained in the human psyche for thousands of years.....The fact that humans cannot get along because of religion is not religions fault it's the fault of humans because no two have any idea whose god is right or wrong. So we fight to prove who's right and who's wrong.....Problem is no one still knows who is right and wrong....

I believe if these alien beings were to find us or vice versa I think it would be an oh hell moment for both sides and neither would know what to do next. 

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 1

I think the question is incomplete.  The article in the link is all about SETI.  So the question should be "Why haven't we received messages from aliens via SETI ?"

And the simple answer is because it' s an inefficient means of communication.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2