Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the real reason we haven't found ET ?

UM-Bot

21 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

You are so wrong! You think we humans are stupid compared to imaginary aliens? We are not! Only shows how little you know about science.

We are on the brink of becoming a type 1 civilisation. It's only a matter about controlling the masses to behave better.

Better behaviour: Polute less, consume less, contribute more.

We have a long way to go before we even get to Type 1, controlling the energy on our planet.  We are still Type 0.

"Controlling the masses to behave better"  Our behavior is the nature of our species, and its current limitation.  Behavior has to change and evolve, not be controlled to reach Type 1.   

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

We have a long way to go before we even get to Type 1, controlling the energy on our planet.  We are still Type 0.

I don't consider 100 years "a long way". In 2012 we were estimated to be at 0.7244, or 72.44% Type 1.

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Our behavior is the nature of our species

The nature of Homo Sapiens is to adapt to any invironment and new knowledge. We are still physically and mentally the same as we were 300.000 years ago.

Edited by sci-nerd

19 hours ago, South Alabam said:

If this is virtual reality, there has to be those out there that created us, meaning we are not alone.

True, but we're isolated, so we might as well be alone.

One of the reasons I'm on this site, is to try and figure out if we truly are isolated, or if there is contact.
After reading peoples stories here for 3 months, I am inclined to conclude that we are isolated. But I'll keep following...

Can we estimate when the first intelligent species in the galaxy evolved? 10M years ago, 100M, 500M, 1B? 

It seems to me whatever estimate we give them, they would have had time to explore our galaxy if they could have or wanted to. Yet so far we see no evidence of them. 

Just something to think about. I have no answers.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

Can we estimate when the first intelligent species in the galaxy evolved? 10M years ago, 100M, 500M, 1B? 

It seems to me whatever estimate we give them, they would have had time to explore our galaxy if they could have or wanted to. Yet so far we see no evidence of them. 

Just something to think about. I have no answers.

I agree. Other species may have evolved into intelligent beings so long ago that their advancement compared to ours may be well beyond our comprehension. We could well be being monitored (and may well have been right from the beginning of our evolution) and we would never know.

On the other hand, any life out there may well be in a most primitive form with the conditions not allowing them to evolve and progress in the same way we have.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ufoscan said:

I think the question is incomplete.  The article in the link is all about SETI.  So the question should be "Why haven't we received messages from aliens via SETI ?"

And the simple answer is because it' s an inefficient means of communication.

It's pretty efficient as far as distance in 360 degree space goes. The only more efficient method that i'm aware of would be using gravity waves but that requires the power similar to slamming 2 black holes together so RF is simple in comparison. But like I mentioned before there could be many intelligent species that has no need for such communication, maybe they don't desire for entertainment mediums or have a large world broken up to the point where any kind of wireless communication would be necessary. Meanwhile we still have episodes of the 3 stooges bouncing around in space.

At 13.8 billion years old, it's possible many, many aliens have come and gone to extinction while others are just getting started. Time is everything and we've only been evolved enough to fly for a hundred years or whatever and it wouldn't take much of a big rock to set us back hundreds of years. I think SETI would be more likely to find aliens closer to our level of intelligence. The level 3 aliens could harness the power of the universe likely including time travel and technologies that can utilize higher dimensions therefore they could watch us and we would have no way of detecting them as they try to understand our communication much like we try to understand what Whales are saying. I think it's possible that we may never be able to find intelligent life before we go extinct and I'm possible there are other long extinct aliens that never have either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ET is busy playing hide and seek with Bigfoot

• Thanks 1

How long have we been looking, maybe 75 years depending on what you count as "looking", maybe not even that since we haven't even been past our own moon in person.

75 years of searching vs. 14,000,000,000 years of the universe being there. To think we should have instant gratification (of ANY question we ask about the universe, really) in that pitiful universal millisecond is idiotic.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

If we study all of the random, unpredictable environmental events that occurred on Earth for the human species to evolve at this time, I would think this would be a rare occurrence in the galaxy.

I wonder what is the smallest event that would have occurred or that had not occurred that would have prevented our evolution? 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 11:41 AM, sci-nerd said:

I don't consider 100 years "a long way". In 2012 we were estimated to be at 0.7244, or 72.44% Type 1.

Maybe so if you believe that global warming is a Chinese hoax and sea level rise is a scientific scare tactic.  If you believe that global cooperation is a buzz word for hive mind   If you believe that we should just keep doing what we are doing for another 100 years then maybe so.  If not , then by  2022, instead of being 90 years away, we may be 150.

• Like 2

500 years no one would imagine flying, yes _flying_, across the ocean from Europe to America in just 8 hours.  What utter nonesense, as it took ships 3 months.  Thus, do we know what tech aliens possess?  We know not of tech 10,000 or 1,000,000 years ahead of us.  Thus, yes, where are the alien colonists, tourists, crusaders, slave traders, is a legit and valid question.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:48 PM, Gomar said:

500 years no one would imagine flying, yes _flying_, across the ocean from Europe to America in just 8 hours.  What utter nonesense, as it took ships 3 months.  Thus, do we know what tech aliens possess?  We know not of tech 10,000 or 1,000,000 years ahead of us.  Thus, yes, where are the alien colonists, tourists, crusaders, slave traders, is a legit and valid question.

Hi Gomar 

Well when you put it like that, sure why not. We have already determined that cone-headed alien fairy drug cartels were responsible for trafficking coke and tobacco in Egypt. And that's  not all stay tuned for the next episode of Make It Up.

jmccr8 

Edited by jmccr8
#@&?ING phone
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2018 at 7:27 PM, OverSword said:

Wishful thinking.  Highly evolved life is probably rare in the extreme.  We will probably never inhabit another world for any long duration and the same would be true for other highly evolved people on other planets.  We are evolved to be here, breathing this atmosphere, under this much gravitational force, shielded from the deadlier radiation of our star.  There is probably not even one other planet that provides what we need to live permanently and comfortably.

This.

• Like 2

On 28.09.2018 at 9:40 PM, StarMountainKid said:

Yes, I think evolved intelligent life is rare in the galaxy. So many environmental random circumstances must concur for and intelligent species to evolve.

I could be mistaken, of course. We have no evidence either way.

You are right, because contact with a higher civilization would inevitably lead us to more advanced technologies of moving and owning energy, and since we are constantly fighting wars, we would simply receive more powerful weapons, for example, and then would present no longer a terrible threat but a more formidable one.
The aliens themselves say that they are afraid of us because we can turn their technology against them, so they don’t want to contact us, although there were a lot of aliens visiting the earth but no one will come into official contact because we are still a monkey with a grenade.
And higher civilizations do not need technology, so they don’t give us anything that goes beyond our consciousness and abilities at the moment of evolution and it seems that we are alone in the universe. And if we change for the better, then I think they will find themselves if they see that there will be no threat from our side, or we will reach a higher level with our consciousness.

According to one book only on our planet lives more than 200 levels of life with various creatures but even we don’t see them and know nothing, and what can we say about other worlds and more complex than ours. Even on the planets of the solar system where there is no biological life, other levels are filled with life. The universe is simply teeming with life because creating the universe only for us or a few other minds is unwise, therefore where there is matter in space, there is life there too.

12 minutes ago, Coil said:

You are right, because contact with a higher civilization would inevitably lead us to more advanced technologies of moving and owning energy, and since we are constantly fighting wars, we would simply receive more powerful weapons, for example, and then would present no longer a terrible threat but a more formidable one.
The aliens themselves say that they are afraid of us because we can turn their technology against them, so they don’t want to contact us, although there were a lot of aliens visiting the earth but no one will come into official contact because we are still a monkey with a grenade.
And higher civilizations do not need technology, so they don’t give us anything that goes beyond our consciousness and abilities at the moment of evolution and it seems that we are alone in the universe. And if we change for the better, then I think they will find themselves if they see that there will be no threat from our side, or we will reach a higher level with our consciousness.

According to one book only on our planet lives more than 200 levels of life with various creatures but even we don’t see them and know nothing, and what can we say about other worlds and more complex than ours. Even on the planets of the solar system where there is no biological life, other levels are filled with life. The universe is simply teeming with life because creating the universe only for us or a few other minds is unwise, therefore where there is matter in space, there is life there too.

Which sci-fi movie are you referring to here?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Coil said:

WHOA there cowboy.

Just read your last paragraph. You seem to have a slight problem differentiating between science fiction & fact.

This is the opinion of clairvoyants. Even a person has a more extensive subconscious and even more multifaceted superconsciousness therefore our physical world is a narrow spectrum of vision of reality and the same color range. Remember, how many worlds levels there are in religious systems. Even a person has 7 chakras and these are the main chakras, the whole ancient yoga spoke about 144 chakras and each one meets its own world of beings.

If you have not read about it, then you should learn more and not be amazed by the unreality of what you heard.

11 minutes ago, Coil said:

This is the opinion of clairvoyants. Even a person has a more extensive subconscious and even more multifaceted superconsciousness therefore our physical world is a narrow spectrum of vision of reality and the same color range. Remember, how many worlds levels there are in religious systems. Even a person has 7 chakras and these are the main chakras, the whole ancient yoga spoke about 144 chakras and each one meets its own world of beings.

If you have not read about it, then you should learn more and not be amazed by the unreality of what you heard.

:unsure:

42 minutes ago, Coil said:

Not a single shred of proof exists for anything you just said

2 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Not a single shred of proof exists for anything you just said

Indeed.