Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New here...does this mean anything?

The_Good79

I've always had throughout my life, not regularly, but here and there, times where I think about something and then moments later it happens. I'm a 39 year old male.  I've also always considered myself a good judge of character and can quickly feel, not intellectually, but physically, if I like people or not ie. the vibe they give off, their aura, etc.

For example a few years ago I was walking my dog and some kids were riding their bikes towards me and I felt like one of the kids was going to fall of his bike a moments later he did.

Then today after work I stopped off at a takeout pizza place, far from work.  I had never been there before.  I was only there as a personal matter took me to that location.  As I was sitting there waiting for my order, I had this strong sense that someone I knew was probably going to walk in.  Moments later, a guy who I referred to my company years ago (I didn't know him at the time but knew his family who are good people who asked me to), whom I'm cordial with, walked in with his wife and was very surprised to see me there.  I told him I had a feeling someone I knew would walk in.  

Are these purely coincidences?  Or does this mean anything?  Thanks.

Who can say, definitively. I'm certainly not one to discount it, though we have always to consider there may be external cues in play, that we are reacting unconsciously to, and creating the thought. However, if you go on holiday in Vegas, and find yourself having strong intuitions that 26 red is coming up in the next spin, and it does, can we go halves ? :P

• Like 3

It is wisest to be your own critic, and allow for some of it to be simply you being a very aware and attention to detail sort of person. Your subconscious awareness to note one kid was not adept with his bike, that sort of thing. It can account for a great deal of seeming paranormal or psychic insights. I think this is a large and ignored factor for some highly intelligent people in their ability to read situations better than most. Reading people as to whether they are good or bad for you is another natural ability some have really finely honed, called empathy, or sensitivity to others.

If you set those aside in one pile, what is left might be significant and answer your question for you better. No one else can do that, to be honest, and the world is full of those who will tell you it is all nothing, so really, plan to be your own judge and expect to get beat up a lot for being different than mean average.

Welcome to UM :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The_Good79 said:

Are these purely coincidences?  Or does this mean anything?  Thanks.

Hi,

These are precognitions, not concidences in my view. It means you have an ability to sense and project likely outcomes. This is a once in a while kind of thing for many of us.

John

I had a similar experience back in 2012.  It lasted practically the whole year.  I would suddenly think of a movie that I had not seen for years and then I suddenly discovered it was coming on TV later that same day.  Several times I would randomly flick over the TV channels and think of a funny scene from a TV sitcom (it just pops in my mind) and then a moment later suddenly 'wow' there it was on the screen, right at that scene.  It was an uncanny feeling.  I started a new job that year and I knew what my boss would look like just seconds before I had even met her.  Her image just flashed into my mind about 10 seconds before I entered the office.  I also went to my first Star Trek convention that same year and I was very reluctant to go because there were only two cast members who I wanted to meet.  I knew it was a million to one chance that they would attend because they are not well known in Star Trek, and then suddenly both of those guests announced that they were coming!  I also did not want my Dad and sister to go with me because I thought it might be embarrassing, and just as I was about to ring my sister (in the hopes of persuading her not to go), she instead rang me and said she and my Dad would not be able to go.  It was incredible.  Almost everything went right that year and it felt like my subconscious knew what was about to happen just moments before it happened.  2012 was a great year.  Several times I would dream it was the next day and when I woke up I would realize the day had not happened yet.  It felt like I was hitting the reset button and reliving the same day again.  Sadly within seconds of waking up I would forget what happened in my dream.  Often wondered why I was able to predict what was about to happen before it happened.  Like a faded memory would appear in my mind and then 5,4,3,2,1 there it is happening right now.  When I turned 28 later that year it all just stopped.  Wish I knew what that gift was all about.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

On 29/09/2018 at 3:12 AM, The_Good79 said:

For example a few years ago I was walking my dog and some kids were riding their bikes towards me and I felt like one of the kids was going to fall of his bike a moments later he did.

This is simply confirmation bias. You notice the hits and not the misses - you will never remember a fleeting thought that doesn't come true (ie thinking "that car might crash" when you see a car speeding) but you do remember the ones that do "come true". This is a well understood cognitive process.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2018 at 1:01 PM, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

These are precognitions, not concidences in my view. It means you have an ability to sense and project likely outcomes. This is a once in a while kind of thing for many of us.

John

Given that we know about things like confirmation bias, there is no reason to jump to something as wild as precognition.

• Thanks 1