Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Live near Nuclear Power Plant. Did I see UFO?

The_Good79

I am a 39yr old male.  I live in Pickering, Ontario, Canada.  We live within a 10km radius of the Pickering Nuclear Power Plant, one of the largest in Canada.  I mention this because I've often read about a correlation between nuclear power plants and UFO sightings.

This is only one of 3 unexplained things that I've ever seen or has happened to me.  Back in I believe August 2013, my wife and I and another couple were in our backyard, sitting on the deck, having some drinks, enjoying ourselves.  It was dark out as it was about 10-1030pm.  

As we were chatting, we noticed a bright light to the east (in the direction of the power plant but further north).  99.9% of the time, ie. every other time in my life, when I have seen a light in the sky, it has been a plane, a satellite, a star, ie. explainable.  But this was the first thing not only myself but nobody else could explain. 

The light was travelling from east to west, and appeared to be much, much lower than any airplane.  What shocked us was as it got closer and we all looked up, it became apparent it was not an airplane.  It literally looked like a parachute on fire, moving west.  It appeared to be no more than a few thousand feet above us.  And it was moving at a slower pace than an airplane.   As it came closer we all said "oh my god, what is that" as we all knew we'd never seen it before. 

As it passed overhead, what astounded us was that it then appeared to pick up speed and then start to move higher as it was moving west.  We all stood up to look at it as it's speed increased, it's altitude rose and then it disappeared.  

It was not smooth, but rigid, like a ball of fire.  Again, the only way to describe it was it looked like a parachute (waving side to side) but on fire.  That's the only way I can describe it.  

I wanted to 'report' it to someone but had no idea who to report it to.  

My friend said later on he thought it was a skydiver at night with a flair, but there is absolutely no way a skydiver could move across the sky at a steady pace, parallel to the ground, and then suddenly pick up speed and then go higher and gain altitude.  There's no way.  

A few years later, I let my dog out in the backyard at night and I saw the SAME THING (while looking south) but it was much lower and closer and was just floating in the sky for no more than 5-10 seconds before disappearing.  

To this day, I have no clue what we say or what it is.  But I am 100% sure it was not a skydiver with a flare.

3 hours ago, The_Good79 said:

It literally looked like a parachute on fire,

Yes, sounds like a chinese lantern.

3 hours ago, The_Good79 said:

5-10 seconds before disappearing

Thats what chinese lanterns do, they burn out and disappear.

People having a party somewhere and have let of a chinese lantern. :tu:

• Like 2

Dogs&UFOs, always dogs&UFOs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Good79 said:

We live within a 10km radius of the Pickering Nuclear Power Plant, one of the largest in Canada.  I mention this because I've often read about a correlation between nuclear power plants and UFO sightings.

I've read this too. But I live within eye shot of Salem II  in New Jersey and my grandfather owned a  high patch of woods we used for ceremonies that was closer. I've never heard any local reports. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 11:21 PM, The_Good79 said:

I am a 39yr old male.  I live in Pickering, Ontario, Canada.  We live within a 10km radius of the Pickering Nuclear Power Plant, one of the largest in Canada.  I mention this because I've often read about a correlation between nuclear power plants and UFO sightings.

This is only one of 3 unexplained things that I've ever seen or has happened to me.  Back in I believe August 2013, my wife and I and another couple were in our backyard, sitting on the deck, having some drinks, enjoying ourselves.  It was dark out as it was about 10-1030pm.  

As we were chatting, we noticed a bright light to the east (in the direction of the power plant but further north).  99.9% of the time, ie. every other time in my life, when I have seen a light in the sky, it has been a plane, a satellite, a star, ie. explainable.  But this was the first thing not only myself but nobody else could explain. 

The light was travelling from east to west, and appeared to be much, much lower than any airplane.  What shocked us was as it got closer and we all looked up, it became apparent it was not an airplane.  It literally looked like a parachute on fire, moving west.  It appeared to be no more than a few thousand feet above us.  And it was moving at a slower pace than an airplane.   As it came closer we all said "oh my god, what is that" as we all knew we'd never seen it before. 

As it passed overhead, what astounded us was that it then appeared to pick up speed and then start to move higher as it was moving west.  We all stood up to look at it as it's speed increased, it's altitude rose and then it disappeared.  

It was not smooth, but rigid, like a ball of fire.  Again, the only way to describe it was it looked like a parachute (waving side to side) but on fire.  That's the only way I can describe it.  

I wanted to 'report' it to someone but had no idea who to report it to.  

My friend said later on he thought it was a skydiver at night with a flair, but there is absolutely no way a skydiver could move across the sky at a steady pace, parallel to the ground, and then suddenly pick up speed and then go higher and gain altitude.  There's no way.  

A few years later, I let my dog out in the backyard at night and I saw the SAME THING (while looking south) but it was much lower and closer and was just floating in the sky for no more than 5-10 seconds before disappearing.  

To this day, I have no clue what we say or what it is.  But I am 100% sure it was not a skydiver with a flare.

You can report your sighting to NUFORC...along with there leader --- Peter Davenport --- who is very interested in fireball reports.

I reported my own fireball sighting to NUFORC as well.

Ya'll could have seen a foo fighter. With your arm extended an hand balled into a fist --- How big was the fireball in relation to your fist?

What color/colors was the fireball?

Did you see flames licking around on the surface of the fireball?

Did the object look spherical to you?

Did you hear any sound emanating from the fiery object?

Did the object look like a miniature sun to you? 

I'm speculating that the fireball was an alien starship, (or what the WWII Allied pilots nicknamed "foo fighter") from another star system.

My take on these foo fighters: The starship is safely encased instead the magnetically contained fusion plasma cell. It's probably impervious too laser, artillery & missile rocket fire, including the detonation of neutron nuclear weapons on it's outer magnetic fusion plasma shield.

It's also possible that the fusion plasma shield could be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

Edited by Erno86
added a few words

The answer is very simple, if you saw something flying and you could not identify it, then you saw a UFO.

On 13/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, Gaden said:

The answer is very simple, if you saw something flying and you could not identify it, then you saw a UFO.

Tis true, but when you go onto a forum and get the answers, it is no longer a UFO.

We have had people come on here with videos of lights they claim are UFO's, they are to the untrained eye, but the trained eye recognises a helicopter, chinese lantern, car lights on a hill at night, combine harvesters and torches, yep, we have had them all. 

7 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Tis true, but when you go onto a forum and get the answers, it is no longer a UFO.

We have had people come on here with videos of lights they claim are UFO's, they are to the untrained eye, but the trained eye recognises a helicopter, chinese lantern, car lights on a hill at night, combine harvesters and torches, yep, we have had them all. 

It doesn't matter if it is identified at a later time, or, if other people who observe it can identify it, if the observer can not identify it, it is, by definition, a UFO.  

17 hours ago, Gaden said:

It doesn't matter if it is identified at a later time, or, if other people who observe it can identify it, if the observer can not identify it, it is, by definition, a UFO.  

Yes, upto the moment it has been explained to them. 

After that, it is not a UFO anymore. 

Thats pretty obvious.

BTW...the use of sky lanterns is banned in 29 states of the U.S. and some parts of Canada.

I think that the individuals who launch sky lanterns...are some of the most irresponsible people in the world today.