Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost STories

IrishGent

Hey guys i was just curious as in to who has the best true ghost story....since i have never seen a real apparition put hope t0o see 1 later on in life maybe you guys could tell me what t0o expect!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

s0o0o what was your expireance

(or expireances) like?????

huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Sidhe

• IrishGent

• Lady Gwuillotine

Kismit, I just read your post and I have to say I have not experienced anything like that, but I do have a couple of ghosts in my house, one of which is quite a regular.

The first looks like an elderly man probably in his 50's who appears at the bottom of our staircase, flicks the light switch (which you can hear the sound but doesn't actually turn the light on or off), and then walks to the top of the stair case and vanishes. This happens every couple of weeks.

The second is a young girl maybe 4 or 5 years old who comes into our bedroom and then kneels on the floor as if she is playing with something there. this happens in the morning and I have only seen her twice.

*m3ntaL*PaTienT*: I posted one in this forum already, but now that I see there is a forum especially for experiences I guess I should post them in there from now on. I still have a few more ghost stories to share, so look for one to pop up in a short while.

Kismet: I have never had an experience with that kind of thing, so tactile and real as to be able to hold the blankets from you like that. That sounds like an extraordinary strength for a non-corporeal ghostie.. I'd guess, if I had to, that it wasn't a ghost, though it was obviously paranormal. There has been a lot of discussion of "shadow people" lately, not that I understand it at all. It is a leap to connect the Ouija with the shadow dude, but when you are talking about the paranormal, such leaps are probably warranted. If I were you, I would leave that Ouija alone! I toyed with a pendulum for a while until I started getting the impression it was working, but was not directed by my subconscious, as some will have you believe. It had too much to do with lies to be less than what we call "demonic".. not that I know what *that* is either.. I only know "they" don't have our best interests in mind. So I won't be toying with the oracles anymore (ha, I just noticed TheOracle's name.. no, I don't mean you!). If one is at all psychic, one provides an easy target for them. I guess..

A leap may be but what I experienced was definately tactile , and not so much what I would call a shadow person . I'm glad you guy's posted your stories too.

Now I'll post one that happened to my sister . We where staying at my Auntie's house with cousins because an older familly member was dying . I woke up on one of the last mornings we stayed there , listening to my sister and my other cousin talking about Uncle Eric (who was obviously the guy that was very sick) coming to the sliding door outside the bedroom ( it was the country so nobody bothered shutting curtains) and just smilling in and waving to them . They both claimed to have seen it and where amazed that they had both seen the same thing .

Any way about 20 minutes later the phone rang it was the hospital letting us know Uncle Eric had passed away .

So that's what you call a crisis apparition , Oracles apparitions are replays like moving pictures left in time . What was mine?

Here's one I'm not really sure of as it was not scarry at all and was more like a doppleganger.

When we where kids we had the obligatory Haunted House around the corner , which as kids it was our duty to explore . We formed a group and called it the Secret 7 ( rolleyes.gif it was the 70's) . On one particular exploration I saw the back door swing open and my little brother raced outside . I knew I'd get my behind booted if he got losed abd he was only 3 so I ran out after him. I gave up looking for him after 2 laps of the house and went back inside . Where I found my friend who claimed he had been with her all along .

And as for a Ouija board each to his own but I wouldn't touch one again witha ten foot pole .

I note that the "experiences" forum doesn't get as much play as these others do. There are so dang many forums, it isn't any wonder. I suggest consolidating a few to make the experience of getting around a little easier (I say in case someone who can do something like that is listening..)

That, and the fact that I'm "feeling naughty!" means that I'm going to post this previously written ghost story (of a sort) that follows along the general topic that has come up here.. I haven't reread it yet, might be old and dusty now, but here it is:

A couple of friends of mine in college wanted to try a seance in an old haunted house I was living in. We closed ourselves into an upstairs closet (for complete darkness) and got started. For some reason, I got to feeling impatient after a few minutes, and I began to insult all the neighboring spirits as "chicken-s#$%" and such. My friends warned me to stop, and I said, "No, I want to see something."

I repeated my spirit abusing phrases, when suddenly, as I was launching into a fresh tirade, the strangest feeling came over me and I stopped. At that same moment, the wind outside kicked up so loud that we could hear it inside the closet. I started to say something to my friends, like, "Do you hear that?" when I immediately felt that my point of consciousness were rising up above my head -- as if I had been jerked up by the spiritual lapels.

The strange thing was my eyes felt as if they were merging into one eye in the center of my "head" now floating about a foot above my real head, and I got the distinct feeling that I was now going to see something, and it was going to be bad.

I chickened out! I broke handholds with my friends and hurled myself against the closet door, knocking it open, and ran downstairs. I gave a sketchy report to my friends, who were dubious since, aside from the wind and my behavior, they hadn't experienced anything odd. I started to feel, as I watched TV, that I had just gotten excited, and I had convinced myself pretty good by the time I went to bed. My brother lived in the same house -- in fact, the closet we had used was in his room, but he had been at work that night and didn't get home until after 3:00 am, and he heard nothing of what had gone on.

By morning, I had forgotten the events of the previous night, so I was astounded by the story my brother told at the breakfast table. He said that while he was trying to go to sleep, he began to hear me mumbling incoherently in my sleep from the next room. He concentrated on the sounds, trying to get some sense out of them, but he couldn't. But when he gave up, he realized that his hands were "helicoptering" around on his wrists! He couldn't stop them, and hadn't really noticed when they started. Of course this scared him pretty good, so he tried to leap out of bed -- in fact, part of him did, but not his body. As he sat up he could see that his body (with his still "helicoptering" hands) had remained reclining on the bed, though he felt that he was sitting up, and he was seeing from that vantage point. Now terrified, he rolled out of bed and onto the carpeted floor. When he hit the floor, something even stranger happened. He could feel the floor, and as he crawled quickly toward the door he could hear my mumbling getting louder, but now his "eyes" were back in his body on the bed watching his helicoptering hands! He continued to crawl madly toward the door, and when he felt the door and climbed up to the handle, just as he grasped it he found himself whisked back into his body fully, and the helicoptering of his hands stopped.

While he was telling this story, I was conflicted about telling him what had happened in his room the night before. I decided to come clean, and no, he has not forgiven me yet! He still brings it up from time to time.

Mine happened on a 300 acre farm in Northern California. I was working late and had to go out into the far reaches of the farm to check on a flock of sheep because of recent wild dog attacks. Well anyways as I'm driving the truck through an oak grove, this place was spooky at night and down right bone chilling during the day, so I proceeded to enter into the oak grove. There was an immediate right turn and I was begining to make my turn when an apparition appeared directly in front of the truck. It wasn't totally formed but more like a mist with a head, I know most who hear this say it was fog but the night was still warm. But, anyways I stopped the truck and turned around and decided not to go back that night. Every other time I went into that oak grove my skin would get goosebumps and the hair on my arns and neck would stand on end.

That is an interesting story indeed. I have always been interested in the physical effects paranormal experiences have on people. It seems to me that to completely dismiss the paranormal, science has got to deal with these unconscious immediate reactions to the experience. The ordinary way of doing so is to completely ignore the phenomenon.. I mean, why would they bother to believe the account of the experiencer on that score, when their whole bias is that the experience is made up?

I'm thinking about this lately. I may have to write up something on the idea..

Anyway, one of the things that makes me think the paranormal events I experienced were *not* my imagination (and I'm certainly not lying about them!) was the odd sensation I inevitably got in the haunted houses *before* anything actually happened. I'm not talking about goosebumps, by the way. But it would be much like getting goosebumps, I suppose.. it's a reaction that happens in the body, and *then* you notice it. I'm at a loss to describe the sensation however. Maybe your goosebumps and "hair standing on end" is precisely this kind of reaction; can you say whether you got the feelings before you saw anything?

I note with interest that this sort of thing has only happened to me in very specific places. If it were some psychological defect, for instance, one would suppose it would happen more often, and over a range of locations. But that isn't what happened. Is it possible I'm only crazy in certain houses?

That's a rhetorical question, btw..

My bro claims that he once saw a ghost out the window of our new house on the first day we moved in. I know this is gonna be short, but it's a story. He claims that she looked like she had brown hair. He couldn't see the eye color. She was emiting her own light, in a white night gown. Was pretty far from the window. She eventually disappeared. He says he saw her for about six or seven days, and then she was gone. I never saw anything, but then again, my bed isn't in a good position to see where she supposedly was. Heh, wish I had my camera then, eh? That's all he remembers.

Here's a story of an experience I had. It was about a year or two ago, I was in my old house in Belleville, New Jersey (I now live in Nutley, New Jersey). My brother and I were up late and we were talking about this and that. It was about 6:00 or 6:30 AM. I thought I heard someone say "I don't understand". I originally thought it was my brother speaking in one of the many different voices he can do. It sounded like a little girl. Here's the actual dialogue from what I remember:

Voice:I don't understand.

Me:What don't you understand?

Bro:Huh?

Me:Didn't you just say "I don't understand"?

Bro:No...

Me:Holy crap..

Bro:What?

Me:You didn't hear it?

Bro:Hear what?

Me:I think we've got us a ghost...

<END DIALOGUE>

I tried speaking to it, but to no avail. The next morning, I heard the voice again, but it went something like this: "<Insert demonish jibberish here>understand." And my brother says that he saw some kinda silver or grey smudge or blob in the middle of the air. It was about three feet tall, by three feet wide. He saw it for a split second, then it was gone. We weren't talking that night, seems like we were up, or woke up, at the exact same time. We weren't aware of each other being awake, so we didn't bother telling each other until recently. Okay, so it wasn't as short as planned, but it was a good post, eh?

My dad's father died around about 1990. About 8 or 9 years prior to that he and his wife moved into their house, a semi-detached town house with a large garden built around the 1920s.

They were happy in the house and found nothing peculiar. Then one morning he was in bed and awoke to find a nun standing over him and just watching calmly. She appeared to be sad, although she said nothing. My grandfather shut his eyes tight in terror and waited a few seconds, then reopened them to find that the room was empty and the nun had gone.

Later he made his own enquiries about the house and the former resident had been an elderly man who was quite devout. He died in that room and near to the end, nuns from a nearby convent came to tend to him and care for him while he was ill...

• 3 weeks later...

I've participated in several seances. We have the voices on tape and other stuff happened too. But I don't feel like typing it. I can't help it- I'm lazy.

Aww go on lady Gwuillotien , post it , don't be lazy * right here is where the whinny smiley goes * rolleyes.gif

P.S If logic tells you there invisible what tells you there pink ? unsure.gif