Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Minnesota Rep. Jim Knoblach quits campaign

ExpandMyMind

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Which I guess is why I told my story.  My story was easy enough to accept and believe because I didn't bring up any names.  But if it was anyone famous, influential, or political the one bringing forth the story (usually the victim) is just shut down and called a liar before anyone even bothers to investigate.  Take what happened with Ford/Kavanaugh for instance.

Now we have this daughter making the claim and many are willing to discount it because her father is a politician.  How are we going to ever make things better if we just cover our ears and continue to do the same thing?

With politics you do need another layer of skepticism though.

The political world is a dirty place where people lie, mislead, and do what they have to in order to win. We can all agree that people lie in politics lol

Our society has alot of cleaning up to do when it comes to victims of sexual violence. Iv worked with victims before, I know how much challenges they face and how often they are not believed.

But as a society we have to maintaine that someone is innocent until proven guilty. An accusation alone should never be enough to prove someone guilty for any crime.  

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

With politics you do need another layer of skepticism though.

The political world is a dirty place where people lie, mislead, and do what they have to in order to win. We can all agree that people lie in politics lol

Our society has alot of cleaning up to do when it comes to victims of sexual violence. Iv worked with victims before, I know how much challenges they face and how often they are not believed.

But as a society we have to maintaine that someone is innocent until proven guilty. An accusation alone should never be enough to prove someone guilty for any crime.  

I appreciate the sentiment but he was presumed innocent upon his nomination because he was presumably vetted.

When questions are later raised it's the duty of those responsible to investigate.

That said, from what I've seen, I don't like the man, but he deserves due course.

• Like 4

They held a Congressional Meeting so Dr Ford could present her evidence. One problem is, her witnesses denied the event happened. That's not a good thing. Her memory about what happened was really bad, which isn't all that unusual in people who suffer a traumatic experience, male or female, but she could be proven wrong. Her case is he says, she says. Now there are a couple other women coming out and one is with Stormy Daniels' attorney. It's looking very strange. I'm really worried that if this starts coming off as a political ploy, all credibility could be lost. There was evidence in the Cosby case and in the case of the doctor that was charged in attacks on the US Women's Gymnastics Team. This is a crime against women. What difference does it make if she's a Democrat or a Republican? Or no political affiliation at all. Or not even American. Just tossing around allegations isn't going to work for the greater good unless proof can be established. Do you understand what I'm saying? It's happening already. 

Edited by susieice

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Which I guess is why I told my story.  My story was easy enough to accept and believe because I didn't bring up any names.  But if it was anyone famous, influential, or political the one bringing forth the story (usually the victim) is just shut down and called a liar before anyone even bothers to investigate.  Take what happened with Ford/Kavanaugh for instance.

Now we have this daughter making the claim and many are willing to discount it because her father is a politician.  How are we going to ever make things better if we just cover our ears and continue to do the same thing?

We don't do it by covering our ears and acting like we didn't see anything. I don't care if anybody knows your name or the victims.

• Like 1

Just now, Michelle said:

We don't do it by covering our ears and acting like we didn't see anything. I don't care if anybody knows your name or the victims.

But isn't that what we are doing now?  We just cover our ears and say, "La La La, She's lying. It's a waste of time having the FBI even look into it?"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

I'm sorry to hear that. It wasn't bravery at all. I was spending the weekend with my aunt and was woken by her arguing with my drunk uncle. She was blocking the door telling him he wasn't going to touch that child. He gave her a black eye, pushed her away and stepped into the bedroom. Next thing I knew she had a gun in her hand telling him to get out of the house. I grabbed my four year old cousin Mary and we took off. She and Mary moved to another state shortly afterwards.

I don't remember one time in my life where I ever stood by and did nothing when someone was being abused sexually or otherwise and never will. I would never be able to look in the mirror again!

Thanks, Michelle. And I'm sorry to hear about your close call too. That must of been terrifying, but I'm glad you got away before anything bad happened.

I won't go into much details in our case, but after it happened, unfortunately for me and my sister, we didn't know any better and he manipulated us into believing that we would be publicly humiliated and shamed if we ever told anyone. It wasn't until years later through therapy as an adult that I learned I didn't have anything to be ashamed about and that it wasn't my fault. I've dealt with it since then, but my sister still deals with it at times. I think it was because she was much younger when it happened and I think she still believes she did something to cause it to happen. As if it was her fault. :(

• Like 4

What these experiences have taught me is to trust my instincts. Never doubt them, Katniss. Cut all of the toxic people out of your life. 

That is my opinion only and it worked for me. 

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

There was evidence in the Cosby case and in the case of the doctor that was charged in attacks on the US Women's Gymnastics Team.

And in both of those cases there was a provable lifetime pattern of behaviour. I maintain these types of guys don't change. With as many women as Kavavaugh has had access to over the past almost 40 years surely one of them that has been in daily close contact with him would have come forward with something.... no matter how small,  but......nothing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

What these experiences have taught me is to trust my instincts. Never doubt them, Katniss. Cut all of the toxic people out of your life. 

That is my opinion only and it worked for me. 

Me too.

And one the the biggest things we stress in our WSD class is trusting your intuition. We so often talk ourselves out of listening to it. "You're being silly." "Don't  be a wimp." " There's nothing to worry about." 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 8:58 PM, Gromdor said:

Take these two together:

And it seems pretty clear that you are.  If that's not the case then enlighten us with what you think is different about Weinstein, Cosby and the priest to not be included in your blanket statements.

one really needs to twist his prostate hard to come to that conclusion based on what she said

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 4:14 PM, Hankenhunter said:

The real difference is Democrats resign, Republicans on the other hand...

Hank

Do some research maybe and then flap yer trap, Lad.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 5:05 PM, susieice said:

Good grief. Is there any man any where that isn't going to be accused by somebody? 

I touched myself.  The abuse is ongoing.  Don't forget to vote.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Ok then...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I have it on good authority that it was consensual.  You're still in the clear for running for office as long as you don't mention that bathroom story anymore.

• Thanks 1

no he is not, we will conduct investigation to see if he ever touched himself, and we wont stop until we find an instance when he did. whether it happened or not.

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

no he is not, we will conduct investigation to see if he ever touched himself, and we wont stop until we find an instance when he did. whether it happened or not.

I did and can give a description.

Just now, OverSword said:

I did and can give a description.

we do not believe you, we want our own investigation that will find what we want to find.:D

Edited by aztek

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

we do not believe you, we want our own investigation that will find what we want to find.:D

Sarcasm aside, it's pretty sad that is the level we have sunk to when it comes to believing the FBI and other criminal investigations.

• Like 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

Sarcasm aside, it's pretty sad that is the level we have sunk to when it comes to believing the FBI and other criminal investigations.

the other way around actually. we have not sunk, it is the agencies doing investigations no longer can be trusted. so it is them who sunk, not us, so not believing it, is a logical step in the right direction.

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2018 at 12:10 AM, susieice said:

One problem is, her witnesses denied the event happened.

No her witness did not deny the event happened. She denied remembering it happening there is a vast difference between the two.

Honestly I personally think Kavanaugh's repeated assertion that the witnesses Ford said were there "denied" that it happened is perjury adjacent if not straight up perjury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/1/2018 at 12:10 AM, susieice said:

her witnesses denied the event happened. 

If you're talking about her friend, she never once denied that it happened. That's the story being spread that everyone believes, however, what sh actually said is that while she doesn't remember that party, she believes Ford's story.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No her witness did not deny the event happened. She denied remembering it happening there is a vast difference between the two.

Honestly I personally think Kavanaugh's repeated assertion that the witnesses Ford said were there "denied" that it happened is perjury adjacent if not straight up perjury.

Beat me to it

• Like 1