Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elizabeth Warren running for President?

Hankenhunter

26 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Elizabeth Warren recently attended a gathering of Native Americans where she gave a speech explaining her Native American history and all the wonderful things she wants to accomplish for the Native American population. Afterwards, the tribal elders met and decided to give her the honorary title of "Sitting Eagle". Warren beamed with pride as she thanked the elders and left. A curious reporter asked the tribal elders if the name had any special meaning and was told "Sitting Eagle" is an eagle so full of #$%$ it can no longer fly.  :lol:

Just so you know, this tired old joke was also applied to Donald Trump in 2016.

What you posted is a total fabrication.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I assumed people would know it is a joke but then again here are a lot of leftists here so maybe I should have labelled it but thanks for giving me the opportunity to once again insult the left.  :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Have you been around genealogists?  What you just said couldn't be more wrong.  I wouldn't call myself a genealogist but I can trace several lines back to the 1700s, one to the 1300s and perhaps another partially to the 1200s.  OBTW, no German.

What does being around genealogist's have to do with it.  I know where my ancestors came from, I just see no relevance, it has absolutely no bearing on my life.  I was born here not England or Sweden.  I think your whole "you have to know where you came from to see where you're going" BS was just BS.

14 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Perhaps our goals should not be to insult each other.  Or spread fabrications. 

It was a joke for chrissakes, an old joke at that.  Perhaps people who don't live in the US and hear this old saw about her false Native American heritage should refrain from judging we Americans who find her claim ridiculous and absurd.  I am sure you folks in NZ have similar absurd politicians, they are ubiquitous.  BTW,  the tribal leaders are not happy with her either  https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/cherokee-nation-issues-statement-on-sen-elizabeth-warren-s-dna-test-results

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

The fact of the matter is T rump on camara told the world, his fans, and Elizabeth Warren  that he would pay one million dollars to her charity of choice if she could prove she had any aboriginal blood in her bloodline. Well, she proved it. Now the trumpers are claiming that all DNA tests are hogwash. :wacko:  Is anyone surprised that Trump welched on yet another deal? Such an example for kids to follow.

Hank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

The fact of the matter is T rump on camara told the world, his fans, and Elizabeth Warren  that he would pay one million dollars to her charity of choice if she could prove she had any aboriginal blood in her bloodline. Well, she proved it. Now the trumpers are claiming that all DNA tests are hogwash. :wacko:  Is anyone surprised that Trump welched on yet another deal? Such an example for kids to follow.

Hank

I believe almost every American has NA DNA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I believe almost every American has NA DNA

Thats besides the point. Trump made a deal and welched on it. The world is watching and just saw an example of how he keeps his commitments. A deals a deal according to your president. I'm just wondering if he welched because he doesn't actually have the cash.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter

18 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The fact of the matter is T rump on camara told the world, his fans, and Elizabeth Warren  that he would pay one million dollars to her charity of choice if she could prove she had any aboriginal blood in her bloodline.

She has proved nothing. There being a high probability based off of migration is hardly proof. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

She has proved nothing. There being a high probability based off of migration is hardly proof. 

Nice deflect. The fact is that Hair Twitler openly challenged her to prove it. She did. Are you just now denying the science of Dna. Smacks of convenience to me. Also, are you saying he shouldn't live up to his part? After all he started the pocahontas taunts. Now that its come back to slap him in the face, you're going to defend him? 

Hank

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You beat me to it. *shakes tiny fist*

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Nice deflect. The fact is that Hair Twitler openly challenged her to prove it. She did. Are you just now denying the science of Dna. Smacks of convenience to me. Also, are you saying he shouldn't live up to his part? After all he started the pocahontas taunts. Now that its come back to slap him in the face, you're going to defend him? 

Hank

She "proved" nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

It was a joke for chrissakes, an old joke at that.  Perhaps people who don't live in the US and hear this old saw about her false Native American heritage should refrain from judging we Americans who find her claim ridiculous and absurd.  I am sure you folks in NZ have similar absurd politicians, they are ubiquitous.  BTW,  the tribal leaders are not happy with her either  https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/cherokee-nation-issues-statement-on-sen-elizabeth-warren-s-dna-test-results

True, but taking this thread as an example, 4 pages of comments and a good 80% of them (by mainly American posters) discussed what she said about her heritage, nothing about her political views. You are obviously one of the remaining 20% and your views were to crack a (good) joke, that she was full of s...t and aimed it at all the lefties.

As I said, strange state of affairs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

What does being around genealogist's have to do with it.  I know where my ancestors came from, I just see no relevance, it has absolutely no bearing on my life.  I was born here not England or Sweden.  I think your whole "you have to know where you came from to see where you're going" BS was just BS.

Everything.  Everything you said is wrong and if you knew just some genealogists, you’d know that.  Genealogists are the ones ultra focused on stuff like this.  But they are not first generation Americans.  The vast majority have at least one line that can be traced to Colonial times.  And many know who both their parents are and their parents and their parents going back several generations.

It absolutely has bearing on your life.  You were born here but how you got here is important.  How you run your life today is based on what you went through in childhood.  That childhood is molded by the language, tradition, culture, thought patterns that your parents were products of, etc., etc.  You think those things you are predisposition to is something new?  Your great great grandfather probably had experienced similar things you have today.  They are hereditary attributes that were passed down to you and you will pass them down to your children.

Successful people, people of power know where they came from.  It is based on birthright.  Those with pedigree have power.  It produces confidence and self-worth among those that know where they came from because they have an ease of mind to where they are going.  If you don’t know where you come from, you are just a transient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Everything.  Everything you said is wrong and if you knew just some genealogists, you’d know that.  Genealogists are the ones ultra focused on stuff like this.  But they are not first generation Americans.  The vast majority have at least one line that can be traced to Colonial times.  And many know who both their parents are and their parents and their parents going back several generations.

It absolutely has bearing on your life.  You were born here but how you got here is important.  How you run your life today is based on what you went through in childhood.  That childhood is molded by the language, tradition, culture, thought patterns that your parents were products of, etc., etc.  You think those things you are predisposition to is something new?  Your great great grandfather probably had experienced similar things you have today.  They are hereditary attributes that were passed down to you and you will pass them down to your children.

Successful people, people of power know where they came from.  It is based on birthright.  Those with pedigree have power.  It produces confidence and self-worth among those that know where they came from because they have an ease of mind to where they are going.  If you don’t know where you come from, you are just a transient.

No. BS. My knowing what country my ancestors come from makes zero difference. My hereditary traits are there independent of my knowing anything about my ancestry. I never implied that our ancestors aren’t important as obviously we won’t have been born without them. But does my knowing it matter? Nope. What if I took a dna test and discovered I had African dna, does my life change? Nope. Doesn’t matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I am not defending Trump I was simply pointing out flaws in your argument. These tests show she possibly has Peruvian, Mexican, or Colombian heritage. This does not back up her claims of being Cherokee in any way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

I am not defending Trump I was simply pointing out flaws in your argument. These tests show she possibly has Peruvian, Mexican, or Colombian heritage. This does not back up her claims of being Cherokee in any way.

Here's a link to the conclusions by the geneticist who did the tests. They don't jive with yours. It's in pdf format indicated at the beginning of the article

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/10/15/elizabeth-warren-dna-test/1645840002/

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
Forgot the dang link.

37 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Here's a link to the conclusions by the geneticist who did the tests. They don't jive with yours. It's in pdf format indicated at the beginning of the article

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/10/15/elizabeth-warren-dna-test/1645840002/

Hank

And as quoted in the article "the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor." 

That is not proof

Zero Native American DNA was used used as a comparison. 

The results they are coming up with probably is Aztec or Mayan

Edited by Gertdoggy

56 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

And as quoted in the article "the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor." 

That is not proof

Zero Native American DNA was used used as a comparison. 

The results they are coming up with probably is Aztec or Mayan

That's your opinion not his. The report stated native American not South American.What proof would satisfy you? And probably is not a scientific proof for your argument. 

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter

I question the accuracy of DNA test. I had one done on Ancestry a few years ago. Even though I am mostly European decent.

It said I had 0% Irish even though my surname is Irish. Just recently Ancestry said the science has improved on DNA testing

and now they're saying I'm 13% Irish. Also I might add, Now I'm 2% Scandinavian where I was 14% and from 48% to 68% English.

• Like 1

Kinda strange to see a bunch of Trump supporters all get aboard the 'Warren lied' train - if you take a look at what she said she actually didn't - when their own guy actually did lie about German heritage and also lied about having Swedish heritage.

This lie that isn't actually a lie for Warren is being made out to be a massive scandal by them, somehow, yet it mysteriously doesn't matter when Trump actually lies. Such a strange thing to see play out in real time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Okay, so if you're arguing with and clearly don't like Piney, then keep calling him Tonto mockingly, it wouldn't be racist? Of course it would be, and this is exactly the same thing.

So the answer to deflecting accusations of racism is actually to be obviously racist over and over again until people become numb to it? Good to know.

1/32 is fifth generation, I believe. That's one generation off from the range of the study. I've not been able to find the quote of her saying this though and I've read elsewhere that she claimed she was 8th generation.

In other words, I hardly think this is evidence of her being deceitful in any way, since she always made it clear that she was working from family lore, where an exact number was never specified.

Took me longer then I thought it would to reply but better late then never.

First off name calling is simply not racist no matter how badly you want it to be.  A good place to start would be with how these words you like to throw around are actually defined.

Racist is defined as 

1. a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the othes

Racism is defined as

1: a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b: a political or social system founded on racism

3: racial prejudice or discrimination

I know the left doesnt like for actual definitions to be used and instead prefer to use their own definitions to confuse the matter.  Is name calling a belief that race is the primary determinant in traits and/or capacities, the answer is clearly no.  Is name calling a doctrine, political program, or social system, once again the answer is no.  Is name calling racist prejudice or discrimination, it's clearly not discrimination but then there is prejudice which requires a bit of a further look into.

Prejudice is defined as

1: injury or damage resulting from some judgement or action of another in disregard of one's rightsespecially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims

2 a(1): preconceived judgment or opinion

(2): an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge

b: an instance of such judgment or opinion

c: an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

Of those definition c might apply, even then it is a rather large stretch to call name calling an irrational attitude of hostility, but name calling especially in what Trump did, and your example using piney, is not being directed against a race or even a group but against an individual.

Since name calling does not meet the definition of racist or racism, name calling can not be those things unless you change how those things are defined.  Name calling can be an indicator that one is indeed racist but it in and of itself is not racist.

Once again you purposefully mischaracterize what I mean and are apparently using your own definition of racism and rasict so no real further point in attempting to explain it since no explanation or argument will be useful as you just change the meaning of words to suit your own ends.

As for the study while it is one generation off in its total range the guy said he believed it was at 8th generation back but could be anywhere between 6 and 10 generations back so essentially Elizabeth Warren is more then likely no more Native American then the average Caucasian in America or might be even less so.

I suppose the fact she seems to of used it to advance her career isn't being deceitful at all.

10 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

They tried to "breed us out" with idiotic "blood quantum" laws. By DNA I'm "tri-racial" but I'm also tribal and was raised in tradition.

Indians define Indians as being part of a tribe and tradition. She wasn't and she lied that she was PERIOD! 

• Like 4