Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elizabeth Warren running for President?

Hankenhunter

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

The title only allows for a certain amount of characters.. I have edited the title to fit.

Thanks Kismit. *gives big hug*

Hank

• Like 1

I think she would be an excellent choice to run against Trump.  The starker the choice people have, the better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, and then said:

I think she would be an excellent choice to run against Trump.  The starker the choice people have, the better.

That is a wild idea, but you may be right.  I had not considered her a presidential possibility, but standing next to President Trump she looks a little more normal anyway.  I am not crazy about all of her policies, but then again, neither am I in favor of a lot of President Trump's.

I'll tell you, after that hearing, I'd run into a burning building to save Amy Klobuchar. 

Personally though I think that the best chance they'd have would be to go with another minority candidate, black specifically. Hillary would likely have won if black people didn't recognise and utterly hate what she and mainly her husband did to their communities in the 90s. Getting them out to vote en mass would be a great coup. So probably Kamala Harris would be their best bet, but even Warren would do enough better than Hillary to win, assuming Trump has the same amount of voters as last time.

CNN ranking.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Piney said:

You don't know Booker like a resident of New Jersey does. The slum lord and welfare profiteer that he is. As for Warren the CNO Fraud Task Force has some interesting tidbits on her. The whitest looking white woman that ever participated in cultural theft.  Her "family" recipes were ripped right out of a common book sold on rezs called 'Powwow Chow'. 

Pocahontas! :lol:  

I'm voting for Trump. :yes:

Well there you go, maybe Trump and Warren are not polar opposites after all, a little problem with truth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is Brilliant! I pray she runs in 2020! Even with Booker or Harris! A true Conservative Dream come true. Although I doubt it will happen. The Dem's have no-one. I bet Biden runs and gets the DNC Nomination. If not Hillary again! :)

Edit: Whomever the DNC chooses is at least guaranteed 55 Electoral votes though thanks to California! So they only need 215 more for the Win! :rolleyes:

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Caspian Hare said:

I've heard Indians are good runners.

That would be Mexican Indians though, the Tarahumara. Too bad Warren isn't related to them too!

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

That would be Mexican Indians though, the Tarahumara. Too bad Warren isn't related to them too!

Nope, the local high schools always vie for members of my tribe for runners and wrestlers. :yes:

Biden isn't running. One of his bodyguards and I worked for the same firm. 

There she is using that Native privilege again...

• Like 1

Pocahontas/Spartacus! 

We're a bunch of losers! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to think that Warren running is a bad idea. Not as bad as Clinton running again, but still bad. The Dems need to reestablish themselves in WashDC, and so they need to run a "Old White Man", who can make that happen at 100%. Biden would be a pretty good bet against Trump to win, IMHO. I'd still vote Trump, just out of loyalty for the fantastic thing he's gotten done so far. It is starting to look like he's even going to force his WALL into the budget for next year.

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I have to think that Warren running is a bad idea. Not as bad as Clinton running again, but still bad. The Dems need to reestablish themselves in WashDC, and so they need to run a "Old White Man", who can make that happen at 100%. Biden would be a pretty good bet against Trump to win, IMHO. I'd still vote Trump, just out of loyalty for the fantastic thing he's gotten done so far.

Yeah IDK about the marketability of Warren either. I find that I mostly agree with her but she is rather uninspiring and unfortunately in 21st century politics you need some "pizazz".

Biden is about the first dem that I ever liked , not politically necessarily, he just comes across as a cool guy and straight shooter. I just dont know if anyone who can be tied to the Clintons in any way substantive can overcome that association in a general election.

6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

It is starting to look like he's even going to force his WALL into the budget for next year.

The environmental lawsuits alone , which are the most important IMO, should be able to delay this until after 2020.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah IDK about the marketability of Warren either. I find that I mostly agree with her but she is rather uninspiring and unfortunately in 21st century politics you need some "pizazz".

Remember when Clinton was described as being "unemotional", or "wooden"? And the next week she was trying to pep it up and smiling crazily and kissing babies on the streets... Walking into random restaurants and glad handing people... People didn't buy it, and I doubt that Warren will be able to either. 

Imagine Trump and Warren in a debate, with Trump walking around the stage and with vast hand gestures, and wild facial expressions. And then Warren standing silently and calmly at her podium the whole time. That might not be what would truly happen, but it is what people will imagine will happen. And what people think about the candidate is actually more important then what the candidate is actually saying/doing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I have to think that Warren running is a bad idea. Not as bad as Clinton running again, but still bad. The Dems need to reestablish themselves in WashDC, and so they need to run a "Old White Man", who can make that happen at 100%. Biden would be a pretty good bet against Trump to win, IMHO. I'd still vote Trump, just out of loyalty for the fantastic thing he's gotten done so far. It is starting to look like he's even going to force his WALL into the budget for next year.

Conversely, I think their best candidate would be a black woman. 

17 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Conversely, I think their best candidate would be a black woman. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/large-majorities-dislike-political-correctness/572581/

According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages.

That doesn't directly mean running a black woman would be a bad idea, but it does say that it probably isn't actually going to help. Because the people who are going to find that exciting are already in the bag for the Liberal side of the voting equation.

Good ideas, like fixing poverty, healthcare, retirement, corruption and foreign relations, are all going to be what sells the Democrat ticket, not Identity Politics.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/large-majorities-dislike-political-correctness/572581/

That doesn't directly mean running a black woman would be a bad idea, but it does say that it probably isn't actually going to help. Because the people who are going to find that exciting are already in the bag for the Liberal side of the voting equation.

Good ideas, like fixing poverty, healthcare, retirement, corruption and foreign relations, are all going to be what sells the Democrat ticket, not Identity Politics.

No and in fact I fear that running a black woman would actually have the opposite effect. There's enough about Trump that some of his base I think would be willing to look at possible alternatives. I think for too many Americans deep down a black woman simply isnt a viable option.

21 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No and in fact I fear that running a black woman would actually have the opposite effect. There's enough about Trump that some of his base I think would be willing to look at possible alternatives. I think for too many Americans deep down a black woman simply isnt a viable option.

To a point, I agree, which is why I had said to run an "old white man". Someone like Biden isn't going to frighten people who don't like change. Every election doesn't have to be about Identity politics and showing how Liberal people can be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Every election doesn't have to be about Identity politics and showing how Liberal people can be.

Especially since as you intimated the battle lines are clearly drawn on that front.

• Like 2