Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elizabeth Warren running for President?

Hankenhunter

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Moving goalposts, nice.

Never mind that conversation about how she is being excoriated for the doing the exact same thing that Trump did, we should talk about the % of DNA. :rolleyes: A modicum of self awareness would go a really long way here.

I guess ive never understood the righteous indignation from the right over the issue. My family is/was full of **** on a whole host of things, if they sell the stories to me as factual my entire life does that somehow make me bad?

I'm acknowledging Trump's error, can you acknowledge Warren's?

Did Trump ever go to Harvard and claim to be the First Male German staff member? Did Trump send in to German cookbook producers? Did Trump take a DNA test to prove he was German, for political purposes.

Yeah, EXACTLY THE SAME! Sorry.... Not....

I think that self awareness, you suggest, needs to be looked at in the mirror. :o

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah plenty of space has been used up showing the non stop lies of the Trumpster and ya'll still lack the awareness to realize the irony of this topic.

Epic "whiff" right there...

Warren isn't worth fighting for, btw.  She has made her careers out of FRAUDULENT claims of Cherokee ancestry...both educational as well as political careers.  She's heap big toast.

Just now, DieChecker said:

I'm acknowledging Trump's error, can you acknowledge Warren's?

I believe i did in the response you just quoted:

I guess ive never understood the righteous indignation from the right over the issue. My family is/was full of **** on a whole host of things, if they sell the stories to me as factual my entire life does that somehow make me bad?

How about you read the post rather than leap to the partisanship?

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Did Trump ever go to Harvard and claim to be the First Male German staff member? Did Trump send in to German cookbook producers? Did Trump take a DNA test to prove he was German, for political purposes.

Thats what she had been told by her family. Are you really so politically vindictive that you cant grasp that?

Hell I dont even care about her, and dont think she should run for POTUS (maybe veep) , the whole rage against a woman who had believed her family lore thing is really stupid

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Epic "whiff" right there...

Warren isn't worth fighting for, btw.  She has made her careers out of FRAUDULENT claims of Cherokee ancestry...both educational as well as political careers.  She's heap big toast.

You mistake me fighting for common sense and decency as fighting for Warren.

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Jesus this is cult like behavior at its finest.

The dear leader is a liar and that is acceptable because he is great so we wont question anything from him, anyone who questions him though, we're gonna git em!

WOW simply wow.

I used to compare Trump supporters to Clinton supporters of the 90's (remember everything against them was a vast right wing conspiracy) but damn you may just be coming into territory all your own.

You sure are funny. Even if you don't intend it.... 

You used to be reasonable, but I think the Echo Chamber has caused some kind of damage.

Trump's behavior is accepted, because he's been acting that way for three years.

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Trump's behavior is accepted, because he's been acting that way for three years.

Ok.....um...yeah. ... Go ahead and say it out loud a couple of times : "He's a proven liar but thats OK because hes been doing it for 3 years".....does that really sit well? Doesnt that sound like something a Clintonite would say?

You used to be reasonable, but I think the Echo Chamber has caused some kind of damage.

I was thinking the exact same thing about you when you posted that cult worship crap.

Edited by Farmer77

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I believe i did in the response you just quoted:

How about you read the post rather than leap to the partisanship?

Thats what she had been told by her family. Are you really so politically vindictive that you cant grasp that?

Hell I dont even care about her, and dont think she should run for POTUS (maybe veep) , the whole rage against a woman who had believed her family lore thing is really stupid

My bad. I read just the first few lines and hit reply. You are correct that I jumped to partisanship before reading everything.

My issue is she, apparently, didn't have any problem accepting being called NA, even though she really did not know if it was true.

I've read her siblings absolutely deny that being NA was stressed in their family.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

My bad. I read just the first few lines and hit reply. You are correct that I jumped to partisanship before reading everything.

My issue is she, apparently, didn't have any problem accepting being called NA, even though she really did not know if it was true.

I've read her siblings absolutely deny that being NA was stressed in their family.

I get that.  My family told me my olive complexion was from NA blood on my fathers side of the family so I always thought I had something there but wouldnt have ever tried to use it to my advantage.

I didnt find out until much later in life that it was actually Mongolian way back in the blood line which causes the beautiful tans. :D

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok.....um...yeah. ... Go ahead and say it out loud a couple of times : "He's a proven liar but thats OK because hes been doing it for 3 years".....does that really sit well? Doesnt that sound like something a Clintonite would say?

I was thinking the exact same thing about you when you posted that cult worship crap.

So, say, we condemn Trump for being a liar, what good does that do? Can we remove him in any noticeable way? Can we censor him in any real way? What can be done?

On the other hand we can prevent any New Liars from taking office, or at least point out lies in an attempt.

EDIT: Another point is that because we know Trump is a liar, we always assume he is lying, and fact check what he says. Would you have Warren, or the Democrat nominee,  accept that same level of lack of Trust. Thus the new "frontrunner " should not be a liar.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

So, say, we condemn Trump for being a liar, what good does that do?

It creates a set of commonly agreed upon facts for our society to work with.

As is there really is no reality as Trump says something, then says the exact opposite, and his supporters fight tooth and nail to prove both are true or false depending on what is politically expedient at the moment. "Alternative facts" arent real things.

On the other hand we can prevent any New Liars from taking office, or at least point out lies in an attempt.

I definitely appreciate this sentiment. I just dont believe that preventing liars from office is the goal, its preventing democrat liars that is the goal.

Without the pretense of caring about facts, truth and honesty that really just feels like rooting on a dictatorship to me.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

I definitely appreciate this sentiment. I just dont believe that preventing liars from office is the goal, its preventing democrat liars that is the goal.

Without the pretense of caring about facts, truth and honesty that really just feels like rooting on a dictatorship to me.

I think it seems to target Democrats, because they are the one who are pushing for gains this year, and for the presidency in 2020. No one attacked Dems when Obama was running for a second time. Those who are running forcefully make the highest claims and receive the most attention. Good or bad. It just happens Warren shot herself in the foot this time.

10 hours ago, bee said:

re bolded....

I'm even wondering if she has been '''''advised'''' by someone who thought this was a better way to
get rid of her than the way Bernie Sanders was got rid of... (if she's Bernie Light as and then said
yesterday)

In terms of being a viable Presidential Candidate now after all this..... she's done..... it's over....

She didn't stand a chance against Trump anyway. He will be re-elected. I will never vote for any Democrat even for Dog catcher after seeing how vile they have become. The "anti-fascist" have become the Nazis themselves, The Liberal SJW's throw a tantrum if they don't get their way. Some "leaders" in Congress and  have become a threat calling for Trumps administration members to be ran out of any public establishment. The media won't report any of Trump's accomplishments, only the negative things, and are continually taking things out of context or not showing the full clips when reporting on him, hence his "you're fake news" diatribe. He isn't a threat to the media as even people in these forums claim. He isn't stopping the press, just merely calling them out. No, that was Hillary Clinton who said sites like Breibart didn't have a right to exist.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Moving goalposts, nice.

After Kavanaugh, you have the gall to imply that about others?

Never mind that conversation about how she is being excoriated for the doing the exact same thing that Trump did, we should talk about the % of DNA. A modicum of self awareness would go a really long way here.

She didn’t do the exact same thing that Trump did.  She changed her ethnicity to benefit herself at the expense of others.  Saying his father was born in Germany is not the same thing.

I guess ive never understood the righteous indignation from the right over the issue.

Because you don’t understand in the first place.  It’s not about saying you believe that you have Native American blood in you, but it is misappropriating cultural identity.  She had no ties to the culture.  She didn’t live on a reservation.  She didn’t keep the traditions.  If she had spent a portion of her time staying in touch with a tribe, then I don’t think it would have been an issue.  But as it is, she is just some little white girl with a huge dose of white guilt.  That taints both cultures.

My family is/was full of **** on a whole host of things, if they sell the stories to me as factual my entire life does that somehow make me bad?

I grew on stories of us being related or associated with the James and Hatfields.  That’s just family lore, it could be true or not.  I’ve never used that for any personal gain.  I knew these claims were dubious, however, I do have compelling evidence of some relationship with the James. 

Troy Smith, the founder of Sonic setup his first restaurant in a building owned by my great grandfather.  On occasion, in his later life, my dad would go to a sonic here in Albuquerque and tell them the story and he would usually get a free lunch.  I have not tried that, but I would think that I would be entitled to a free lunch once in awhile. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it seems to target Democrats, because they are the one who are pushing for gains this year, and for the presidency in 2020. No one attacked Dems when Obama was running for a second time. Those who are running forcefully make the highest claims and receive the most attention. Good or bad. It just happens Warren shot herself in the foot this time.

I agree in general but I think this year and 2020 are somewhat different because of the masterful way that the Trump campaign has managed to keep the fear and anger stoked. 

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

After Kavanaugh, you have the gall to imply that about others?

Think you got the wrong guy here. I said from the beginning I didnt think the accusation should be disqualifying.

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

She didn’t do the exact same thing that Trump did.  She changed her ethnicity to benefit herself at the expense of others.  Saying his father was born in Germany is not the same thing.

I guess you're right I really dont understand. She was told something by her family, she believed it, I just dont see the big deal.

I do have to say that doing the DNA test was stupid as hell as far as political moves go and I truly dont understand why she would do that if she was trying to run in 2020. 

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Just for arguments sake :

She believed that was her ethnicity and took advantage of the available loopholes. When Trump does that with taxes you guys call him a genius.

46 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

It has been three years and you are STILL SURPRISED that Trump is a great exagerator and liar? Who is being naive here? Sure point out the tiny lies, but do not expect anyone to care much. 

Him we understand, it is the new oncoming people who are going to be challenged as to their honesty.

If Hillary was President, it would match one of her nicknames "Lying Hillary." She was a big time liar.  So either way...

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

If Hillary was President, it would match one of her nicknames "Lying Hillary." She was a big time liar.  So either way...

Except that the MSM would ignore Mrs Smoke & Mirrors 2.0.

• Haha 1

good luck finding such people,  none of the people running for positions today would qualify.  just to get to that point you have to do a lot of lying among other things

• Like 3

Here's one of Farmer77's post from the "Russia probe kicks into high gear" thread post 901 

" Don't get me wrong if there is a real bias than it needs to be addressed but politically from an optics standpoint I think that's something of a losing strategy for Team Trump. Placed next to any human being short of Hillary Trump is going to look like the liar. A credibility contest so to speak wont go well "

And here we are, knowing Trump lies, and so does Hillary.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I agree in general but I think this year and 2020 are somewhat different because of the masterful way that the Trump campaign has managed to keep the fear and anger stoked. 

This fear and anger, I just don't see it on a day to day basis. The only ones I see it with are those who are hyper-partisan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

good luck finding such people,  none of the people running for positions today would qualify.  just to get to that point you have to do a lot of lying among other things

True. I feel it is the ones who claim to be honest that should be held to the highest standard. The known liars we know.

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

This fear and anger, I just don't see it on a day to day basis. The only ones I see it with are those who are hyper-partisan.

I do but I live in what I would consider a hyper partisan area.

Aside from the day to day results though im really referring to the tactic. It worked beautifully in 2016 and rather intelligently the Trump campaign never stopped campaigning.

Think about the key issues for a moment : Fear of Mexicans coming across the border, fear of muslim terrorists, fear of "deep state" rigging the election, fear of other economies doing better than us  and now fear of democrat "mobs"

Even if "Fear" isnt the emotion you are feeling up front the entire conversation regarding policy issues has been driven by fear.

I see fear and anger on the Liberal side. Republican side? I just don't see it either.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Just for arguments sake :

She believed that was her ethnicity and took advantage of the available loopholes. When Trump does that with taxes you guys call him a genius.

Supposedly the state of NY is investigating this.

If Warren had in any way sought to back up the story, before making a claim of heritage, I think the issue would be a lot lesser, or, more likely, finding she was 1%, she would not have made the claim at all.

Trump was taking advantage of legalities he understood well. And that he had researched, or at least hired people to understand for him. What he did is more like when an expat goes to Occidental college on a foreign student scholarship.