Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
the-Unexpected-Soul

to clear my conscious about Syria

the-Unexpected-Soul

i feel a great need to clear my position about whats happening in syria, being a syrian, and since this have became a global issue

there is something about politics that get you carried away, where you find your self supporting a party just to prove a point or because you don't agree with the opposite party, and this is exactly what happen with a lot of Syrians who find them selves suddenly in a middle of a very complex situation

no body in his right mind would support a government, its disgusting to be honest, but its really a tragedy what have happened in the last 8 years, 

basically Syrian revolution was quickly hijacked by endless amount of parties and they all are fighting each other, you got all sorts of super power and small countries, each funding a militia or something to the point where its unbelievably violent, we just want the war to end,

i do want a fair settlement, fair elections, united country,

i dont care about any political party or leader..., i think bashar should leave peacefully later, making way for elections 

its just so hard to achieve anything when you have like 100 countries fighting over Syria its unbelievable

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

zep73

The problem with Syria, and most other middle eastern countries, is that it's tribal based and has sharia law. Only the largest cities are evolved.

With a whole country fractured into tribes, there's no foundation for a united nation or progress.

The fastest solution to this is to remove religious power. Form unities in politics, and have a democratic referendum.

Edited by sci-nerd

Black Red Devil
3 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

i feel a great need to clear my position about whats happening in syria, being a syrian, and since this have became a global issue

there is something about politics that get you carried away, where you find your self supporting a party just to prove a point or because you don't agree with the opposite party, and this is exactly what happen with a lot of Syrians who find them selves suddenly in a middle of a very complex situation

no body in his right mind would support a government, its disgusting to be honest, but its really a tragedy what have happened in the last 8 years, 

basically Syrian revolution was quickly hijacked by endless amount of parties and they all are fighting each other, you got all sorts of super power and small countries, each funding a militia or something to the point where its unbelievably violent, we just want the war to end,

i dont care about any political party or leader..., i think bashar should leave peacefully later, making way for elections 

its just so hard to achieve anything when you have like 100 countries fighting over Syria its unbelievable

You'll never be able to install a democratic process when the fundamentals of your society are built around archaic beliefs.  One of the most relevant turning points in western civilisation was the French revolution where great thinkers and intellectuals reformed the change from a religious based society to a more pragmatic and rational.  This was called the Age of Enlightenment and Secularism followed.

image.png.86d1552195a69bd8df9ffe706054fa60.png

Until North Africa and the Middle East rid themselves from State religions (in green countries ruled by Islamic Law) and you start listening to your rational intellectuals you're only another Islamic revolution away from bloodshed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

and then
3 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

The problem with Syria, and most other middle eastern countries, is that it's tribal based and has sharia law. Only the largest cities are evolved.

With a whole country fractured into tribes, there's no foundation for a united nation or progress.

The fastest solution to this is to remove religious power. Form unities in politics, and have a democratic referendum.

I'm no Syria expert but my understanding of the country prior to the revolution was that most religions were, if not accepted, at least not oppressed.  It was far more secular than Iran or SA.  Assad, like most dictators, was extremely heavy-handed in dealing with potential threats and his security people acted like vicious thugs.  Syria has become ground zero for a proxy fight between Sunni and Shia and Iran's involvement is soon to bring Israel in, in a big way.  How bad it gets will be determined by Putin's decisions.

The Truman show
4 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

sorry for your predicament and that of your country. unless your country is partitioned along religious and ethnic lines i don't really see any hope for a democratic and viable state. i think Black Red Devil said it best but unfortunately i don't think the conditions are there in the middle east for much secular change. looking at Turkey it would seem its even regressing. Iraq i can honestly say was better off with Saddam in power and the same is true for Assad in Syria. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Likely Guy
4 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

I'm glad that you're still around to have provided an almost 'on the ground' perspective throughout the last few years.

• Like 6

The Caspian Hare
On 9/30/2018 at 6:30 PM, sci-nerd said:

This war began from political causes though, not religious or tribal ones, it was originally an uprising against Assad.

• Like 1

Coil
1 hour ago, The Caspian Hare said:

This war began from political causes though, not religious or tribal ones, it was originally an uprising against Assad.

You are deeply right. Imagine that rebels appeared  in America and began to fight with the authorities or some other groups with weapons and ideology began to crowd the government and try to overthrow it by force as the government would do? It would call for troops that would destroy all of these terrorists quickly but in Syria the situation is different there is strong military assistance from the outside, so government forces cannot win. But I also do not think that holding onto power for Assad is worth so many victims and destructions.

zep73
On 1/10/2018 at 4:18 AM, and then said:

I'm no Syria expert but my understanding of the country prior to the revolution was that most religions were, if not accepted, at least not oppressed.  It was far more secular than Iran or SA.  Assad, like most dictators, was extremely heavy-handed in dealing with potential threats and his security people acted like vicious thugs.  Syria has become ground zero for a proxy fight between Sunni and Shia and Iran's involvement is soon to bring Israel in, in a big way.  How bad it gets will be determined by Putin's decisions.

3 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Note to myself: Stay out of political threads!