Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog intelligence 'not exceptional'

Still Waters

On 10/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, Piney said:

A lot of people think "smart things" a dog does is just instinct from being domesticated for so long.  They were our first domesticated animal and they evolved to please and interact with humans.

Maybe, but the "smart things" seem to get handed from generation to generation. So maybe dogs are evolving in someway.

Dog intelligence seems to vary greatly ?   Mom brought home a young Britney spaniel once that may have been the dumbest dog to have ever lived.  He was so HYPER too ...absolutely nuts !    Naming him "Clancey" probably didn't help ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

Maybe, but the "smart things" seem to get handed from generation to generation. So maybe dogs are evolving in someway.

That's what I said. They are evolving along with us and for our specific purposes for them.

i do not care what they say, some dogs are smarter than some people, nor dogs are colorblind

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 2:32 PM, Jon the frog said:

The biggest question is: could human intelligence be overrated ?

On many levels.... 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lightly said:

Dog intelligence seems to vary greatly ?   Mom brought home a young Britney spaniel once that may have been the dumbest dog to have ever lived.  He was so HYPER too ...absolutely nuts !    Naming him "Clancey" probably didn't help ?

LMAO... Dumbest dog to have ever lived... Hahaha

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Piney said:

That's what I said. They are evolving along with us and for our specific purposes for them.

Man uses dogs for different purposes but animals, like all creatures, have the same purpose as humans, to become perfect through the knowledge of the higher self thanks to the evolution of reincarnation into higher bodies and minds, therefore the goals of dogs are not limited to the use of man.But their situation better than wild animals due to proximity to humans.In future races, animals will become intelligent.

Just now, lightly said:

that is atypical of britney, they are usually very smart dogs, i had one, one of the smartest dogs i ever had.

• Like 1

what is intelligence? I have heard many people describe intelligence differently. capacity to remember commands/tricks? capacity to analyze/solve? ability to repeat what they see? I got a beagle and a labrador, two very different type of intelligence. You can teach the lab to open a freezer door and get you a beer, and such; but this dog has no autonomy. And you got to see the beagle analyze a situation, IE how to escape his cage, or get some out of reach food; but he will only learn tricks for food, and if he feels like it.