Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

20yrs for Dr Seuss book to arrive via post

Eldorado

It took 20 years for an Orlando grandmother to receive a mail order gift set of Dr. Seuss books for her grandaughter.

Vera Walker says that she opened a package from her mailbox dated October 1998 and screamed with the shock of knowing exactly what it was. The Dr. Seuss books were supposed to be a gift for her granddaughter who is now 24.

Full happy tale: https://www.news4jax.com/news/dr-suess-mail-order-gift-set-arrives-20-years-later

• Like 1

I wonder where they've been all this time, the article doesn't say what condition the package was in. I'm glad they arrived in the end and can still be put to good use.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

I wonder where they've been all this time, the article doesn't say what condition the package was in. I'm glad they arrived in the end and can still be put to good use.

In some postman's spare room most likely.  Only discovered upon his death from laziness.

Did you know....

".....Royal Mail has been selling lost, or what it calls ‘undeliverable’ parcels, for decades.

It insisted it makes great efforts to make sure items are delivered to correct addresses as expected. It refused to say how many parcels are sold to auction houses or how much it makes as a result.

It said: ‘On the rare occasion where we are not able to locate a return address, items are held for a period of time awaiting contact from the sender or intended recipient.

‘Once all other options have been exhausted, we auction valuable items that cannot be returned in order to partially pay the considerable cost involved in seeking to re-unite customers with their items.’ "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4803868/First-class-cheek-Royal-Mail-sells-items-lost-post.html

Edited by Eldorado
  • Sad 1