Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Early Halloween decoration prompts 911 call

Still Waters

An early Halloween decoration has neighbors in West Fargo concerned.

One of them even called 911.

It was an accidental trick, long before any treats got handed out.

"It is my favorite holiday," explained Becky Muhs. "It's been since birth actually."

October 31 is also this couple's wedding anniversary, and Becky's birthday is on the 29th.

"Halloween is kind of a good day for us," she said.

Over the weekend, Becky Muhs got a jump start on Halloween decorations.

http://www.wday.com/news/4505115-early-halloween-decoration-prompts-911-call

• Haha 2

Early Halloween decorations lead to a 911 call?

Oh boy, I have my Halloween decorations up every September 1st. Is that early? 

Pretty interesting news story though.

Edited by Samhain
  • Like 3

I like to put up spiders, ghosts, bats, and pentacles. Scary fun kind of Pagan type stuff.    I was just thinking, a wickerman might be cool.   Murder type decorations aren't my thing.  

4 hours ago, Samhain said:

Early Halloween decorations lead to a 911 call?

Oh boy, I have my Halloween decorations up every September 1st. Is that early? 

Pretty interesting news story though.

And to think I thought some of my neighbors started decorating early 

3 hours ago, GoodReality said:

And to think I thought some of my neighbors started decorating early 

I hear that from people a lot.

Would it be weird to tell you that I keep some indoor decorations up all throughout the year?

Oh, to add to this, I remember back a year or two ago these people had up this car accident decoration where it was supposed to be like somebody got killed. The police were called but they were on the news for best Halloween decorations though a little extreme.

Also, there’s this guy in my area that decorates  so much layer after layer of Halloween props. It’s insanely awesome. So many people go to his house for Halloween.

I just finalized my decorations today and this year I bought a few brand new props from Spirit Halloween (they’re expensive so the only moving prop I got was the new Michael Myers prop. B))

4 hours ago, Samhain said:

Oh, to add to this, I remember back a year or two ago these people had up this car accident decoration where it was supposed to be like somebody got killed. The police were called but they were on the news for best Halloween decorations though a little extreme.

Also, there’s this guy in my area that decorates  so much layer after layer of Halloween props. It’s insanely awesome. So many people go to his house for Halloween.

I just finalized my decorations today and this year I bought a few brand new props from Spirit Halloween (they’re expensive so the only moving prop I got was the new Michael Myers prop. B))

There used to be a house like that in my old neighborhood. Everyone would flock to it in the general area, good fun. Also, having decorations up year round inside sounds like a good time to me. More power to ya 

Not having any kids of my own, I've been told there are two houses that make hot chocolate or homemade cookies and candy.

The basic rule of thumb, since I was a crumb snatcher myself, is to turn off the porch light means they are out of candy or going to bed shortly.