Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists create real-life 'Borg' network

UM-Bot

WOW

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does this sound scary?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pallidin said:

Yes. Scary good or scary bad is yet to be determined. I'll definitely be following this technology.

Hank

As cool as this sounds I think it's the beginning of the end of thinking on our own. If 3 people can simultaneously work together on 1 project, imagine when the technology gets to the point that someone else's mind can overpower yours during this process & make you do something you didn't want to or even AI taking over. I love technology & how fast humans are evolving but wow, maybe this "project" in 50-100 years could create zombies (sounds stupid) but imagine having no control overself. Far fetched? So was going to space & creating the atom bomb

And one of their brains exploded? ;-)

The Progressive Left may get their utopia, a programmable global hive, they will never question, never think for themselves and their sense of individuality will be replaced with single-minded enslavement to the amelioration of the one.

• Thanks 1

" In the future, the scientists hope to connect much larger groups of people together in a similar way. "

So will the Military and organized crime. I see a lot of areas where this could be not for good.

4 hours ago, Socio said:

The Progressive Left may get their utopia, a programmable global hive, they will never question, never think for themselves and their sense of individuality will be replaced with single-minded enslavement to the amelioration of the one.

Most already made The Commitment in late 2008, or in 1999 for the Coward that preceded their god.

Well, where do I sign?

On 10/2/2018 at 8:05 PM, pallidin said:

It's scary for Microsoft, Google and Lotus Notes.  Who will buy their collaboration software!  Just what we need!  One psycho finding a way to take control and start a murder or robbery spree.  How need Skynet if we have a "Queen" Borg.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:35 AM, paperdyer said:

It's scary for Microsoft, Google and Lotus Notes.  Who will buy their collaboration software!  Just what we need!  One psycho finding a way to take control and start a murder or robbery spree.  How need Skynet if we have a "Queen" Borg.

Could get, uh, "interesting" when competing AI platforms decide the other is an annoyance.