Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

The Bible is Repulsive

48 posts in this topic

Scudbuster

I knew the bible was ugly, but after viewing this video, it's even worse than I thought:

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to graphic content
  • Like 1

and then

Of all the sickness, death and chaos in the world, THIS is what you seem to obsess about?  Were you abused at some point by someone who claimed they were a Christian?  It's hard to believe such venom just appeared naturally, randomly in you.  I hope you find peace from it someday. 

• Like 1

danydandan
5 minutes ago, and then said:

Of all the sickness, death and chaos in the world, THIS is what you seem to obsess about?  Were you abused at some point by someone who claimed they were a Christian?  It's hard to believe such venom just appeared naturally, randomly in you.  I hope you find peace from it someday. 

Are you dismissing that some horrendous and horrible acts are described in Bible?

Why make this thread personal? Did the OP strike a nerve?

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

zep73

The Tanakh was the first monotheistic texts that has survived till today. Back then people groped blindly for a perfect world order. They decided on some pretty bad stuff, but who can blame them? They were pioneers in politics.

Even today we struggle to make it right. And we constantly screw up.
The worst mistake we can do however, is to take ancient failed politics into play again. Let's not do that!

• Like 2

Piney
4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Are you dismissing that some horrendous and horrible acts are described in Bible?

It has a little wisdom in it. But it has bad things too. I actually like some of the teachings in Matthew and Ben Sirah. 

• Like 3

and then
7 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Why make this thread personal? Did the OP strike a nerve?

No, I'm making a statement about the OP's history of posting such pieces.  I have no intention of arguing his right to hate.  The fact that he obsesses over it is a singular indication that his mindset is troubled in a very focused way.  Obsessions tend to be a replacement for the normal emotions people experience and they take away from a peaceful life.  It's a waste of time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

OverSword
12 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

I knew the bible was ugly, but after viewing this video, it's even worse than I thought:

Without having watched the video, The grass does wither.  Flowers do fade.  And depending on what you want to presume is God's word, it may stand forever or at least the lifespan of our universe.

• Like 1

danydandan
7 minutes ago, and then said:

No, I'm making a statement about the OP's history of posting such pieces.  I have no intention of arguing his right to hate.  The fact that he obsesses over it is a singular indication that his mindset is troubled in a very focused way.  Obsessions tend to be a replacement for the normal emotions people experience and they take away from a peaceful life.  It's a waste of time.

Didn't know the OP posted similar themed thread's.

I agree that obsessing over anything is bad.

danydandan
22 minutes ago, Piney said:

It has a little wisdom in it. But it has bad things too. I actually like some of the teachings in Matthew and Ben Sirah. 

Always look on the bright side, but not too much you'll burn your eyes out. But never look too long on the bark side, you'll get blinded by the light when you turn back.

Balance is key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Habitat
2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Always look on the bright side, but not too much you'll burn your eyes out. But never look too long on the bark side, you'll get blinded by the light when you turn back.

Balance is key.

That Monty Python advice to "always look on the bright side" always did seem like a load of old cobblers, guv. If you turn your back on dark doings, they will kick you in the backside.

• Like 3

'Walt' E. Kurtz

I am atheist but the bible does  contains some good things plus it's a good read.

• Like 3

Piney
14 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Balance is key.

A little Tendai and Algonquian philosophy for you.

It's not about good and evil or even good verses evil, but balance. Because  "Balance" must be kept.

• Like 3

'Walt' E. Kurtz
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's not about good and evil or even good verses evil, but balance. Because  "Balance" must be kept.

Yin and yang 

Piney
Just now, Avalanche said:

Yin and yang 

Yup. But many Westerners misinterpret it. The Mide symbol is a spiral as with other Native traditions.

• Like 1

Kismit

It is interesting to note, if something is upsetting you that much why are you watching it?

• Thanks 4

danydandan
11 minutes ago, Piney said:

I didn't start off practicing Wing Tsun for the spiritual growth aspect if it. But it certainly has taught me a lot. Everything is about balance, thus nothing is truly balanced.

I like that philosophy you described.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I didn't start off practicing Wing Tsun for the spiritual growth aspect if it. But it certainly has taught me a lot. Everything is about balance, thus nothing is truly balanced.

I like that philosophy you described.

It's actually a description of our higher power  Kiitaaniituuwit "The Living Universe". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
10 minutes ago, Kismit said:

It is interesting to note, if something is upsetting you that much why are you watching it?

Thought you were stepping into a car crash, did ya? :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

danydandan
1 minute ago, Piney said:

Thought you were stepping into a car crash, did ya? :lol:

Finger poised to press the "thread closed for moderator review" button.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kismit
4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Finger poised to press the "thread closed for moderator review" button.

:whistle:

• Haha 4

danydandan
4 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's actually a description of our higher power  "The Living Universe". 

English didn't really do any justice to some of your native words did it?

That living universe sounds familiar, we are the universe so don't worship it, self worship isn't good.

I was talking to a very outspoken person who is against man made things in general. She's into Organic farming, homoeopathic medicine etcetca.

So during thr course of our discussion, which was about why she shouldn't in anyway treat her breast cancer with alternative medicine and meditation, I said to her. You know everything that has ever happened, happening and will ever happen is nature. Thus we are nature, our cities are nature our medicine our beliefs and our scientific method is nature. Everything is nature.

Didn't swing her away from anything, I just thought that might sound profound enough to make sure she understands that chemotherapy and radiotherapy are kinda thr only thing that works. I put her in touch with a woman who went the alternative route, obviously it failed luckily she survived and is now advising people against it.

• Like 3

'Walt' E. Kurtz

If i would become religious i think the only religion i would choose is Buddism.

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 3

Piney
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

So during thr course of our discussion, which was about why she shouldn't in anyway treat her breast cancer with alternative medicine and meditation,

You've read me saying this before. My grandparents, both traditional healers, always recommended a good oncologist. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney

Back on topic. I don't hate any religion. Just what people do to it and the people who do it. I know some very good Christians. 

• Like 5

Piney
3 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

If i would become religious i think the only religion i would choose is Buddism.

But people screw that up too. The Rohingya are dying because a Buddhist "Possible Projection" became a "Prophecy". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1