Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection?

darthshmal

I've been trying to astral project for months now. I'll try for two weeks or so, and then give myself a little break because its tiring and can be frustrating. I'm in a break period now, but  today I was napping and woke up for a second and rolled over. I had a quick thought that I'd try really fast to see if anything happened because I usually just fall asleep anyway. Almost immediately after closing my eyes again and holding that thought in my mind, I thought I saw a figure in front of me, and then suddenly I heard THE CRAZIEST NOISES I have EVER heard! I saw colors flashing and just insane noises like whooshing, etc. I didn't expect it because up to now, I hadn't had that happen, so I got scared for a split second, and comforted myself by thinking of the forces of light that protect me. :) After a moment, the noises receded and it was quiet, but I think I brought myself out of it somehow. How can I extend this period, and what should I do once this begins in order to complete the projection? Also, is it normal to not remember a lot of it? I can describe it because I called my husband immediately like WTF JUST HAPPENED, but the whole experience feels hazy, because I was in a dream-like state. 

Will you speak of the forces of light that protect you?  Who/what are they and how have you come to know they protect you?

55 minutes ago, darthshmal said:

its tiring and can be frustrating.

There's your first mistake. You have to be completely relaxed and you mind empty. I don't "ride"  Maaniituu (Q'i) but @Not A Rockstar  does and may be able to help. 

Edited by Piney

36 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Will you speak of the forces of light that protect you?  Who/what are they and how have you come to know they protect you?

I am a Christian, and when it started to happen I worried for a split second about seeing something scary or something getting me, but I thought about angels and God and what I might be able to see after projecting and calmed myself down.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

There's your first mistake. You have to be completely relaxed and you mind empty. I don't "ride"  Maaniituu (Q'i) but @Not A Rockstar  does and may be able to help. 

That’s one of the most frustrating aspects. I don’t know how to “focus” on the intent of projecting while keeping my mind clear. Because I’m literally having to drag my thoughts back from wandering in order to focus and not fall asleep. 

6 minutes ago, darthshmal said:

I am a Christian, and when it started to happen I worried for a split second about seeing something scary or something getting me, but I thought about angels and God and what I might be able to see after projecting and calmed myself down.

You can expect to see and experience some negative beings out there if you make it, from what I’ve heard.  But you also may experience what some would call heaven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You can expect to see and experience some negative beings out there if you make it, from what I’ve heard.  But you also may experience what some would call heaven.

Nothing in Maaniituu is negative unless you think it's negative.  

26 minutes ago, darthshmal said:

That’s one of the most frustrating aspects. I don’t know how to “focus” on the intent of projecting while keeping my mind clear. Because I’m literally having to drag my thoughts back from wandering in order to focus and not fall asleep. 

Your tired when your trying for one. Number 2 is you have to learn to clear your head before you even attempt it.  Try sitting and emptying your head for a month, until you can keep your mind blank instinctively. Patience.

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Your tired when your trying for one. Number 2 is you have to learn to clear your head before you even attempt it.  Try sitting and emptying your head for a month, until you can keep your mind blank instinctively. Patience.

This is great basic advice. Being sleepy and having things occur when you are in a sleep state rather bypasses AP into lucid dreaming, or at least some wild dreaming :) .

People want everything fast. Everything really will come easier if you do learn how to silence the mind monkeys and control yourself mentally. Several times a day sit still and silence your mind for a minute. Work up to 2, 5, 10. 

Also, if you are afraid, AP is not advisable to mess with. The more you fear the more the "negative" things you will see and more negative you will attract. It is all about you.

JMO.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

This is great basic advice. Being sleepy and having things occur when you are in a sleep state rather bypasses AP into lucid dreaming, or at least some wild dreaming :) .

People want everything fast. Everything really will come easier if you do learn how to silence the mind monkeys and control yourself mentally. Several times a day sit still and silence your mind for a minute. Work up to 2, 5, 10. 

Also, if you are afraid, AP is not advisable to mess with. The more you fear the more the "negative" things you will see and more negative you will attract. It is all about you.

JMO.

Sounds goofy, but any advice on silencing the mind? Because I can sit and keep my mind clear but I’m still thinking about keeping my mind clear, if that makes sense. Like the intent is still in my head in my attempt to prevent my thoughts from wandering, which is why I can’t seem to get anywhere from being awake. I’ll lay for hours and nothing. Yesterday I only got to the “wtf noises” stage because I came out of a nap and immediately rolled over and made a last minute decision to try and stay aware. I had already been sleeping so it was much easier. 

Well, if sounds goofy, just keep trying it your way and eventually you may get it right and AP longer than a minute. I have heard others say trying it as you wake up works for them as well. Try a search on the forum for AP topics, there are dozens of topics and hundreds of pages of discussion. Something will sound right to you somewhere in all that.

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, if sounds goofy, just keep trying it your way and eventually you may get it right and AP longer than a minute. I have heard others say trying it as you wake up works for them as well. Try a search on the forum for AP topics, there are dozens of topics and hundreds of pages of discussion. Something will sound right to you somewhere in all that.

Lol I’m sorry! I meant my question sounded goofy, not your input!