Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysteries of the Ben Ben stone's

Unusual Tournament

The Benben Stone was seen as the solidified Seed of Atum, the Stone of Creation. It was on this stone that the Phoenix or Benu Bird would return every 12.594 years and place its new Egg. At that moment a new Era of Mankind was started. The Benu Bird came from the ‘Isle of Fire’, the mythical place where the gods were born.

The Benben Stone could be the same stone as Jacob slept on in Genesis 28:11 (Jacob’s Pillar) because there is some historical evidence that Abraham was an Egyptian Pharaoh named Djehuty or Djehutymes, Son of Thoth. This explains the important positions of Joseph and Moses.

http://hans.wyrdweb.eu/about-benben-stone/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

The Benben Stone could be the same stone as Jacob slept on in Genesis 28:11 (Jacob’s Pillar) because there is some historical evidence that Abraham was an Egyptian Pharaoh named Djehuty or Djehutymes, Son of Thoth. This explains the important positions of Joseph and Moses.

:huh:  There is no historical evidence of Moses or Joseph. Even Israeli archaeologists and Rabbinical scholars will tell you they were probably made up. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The Benben Stone was seen as the solidified Seed of Atum, the Stone of Creation. It was on this stone that the Phoenix or Benu Bird would return every 12.594 years and place its new Egg. At that moment a new Era of Mankind was started. The Benu Bird came from the ‘Isle of Fire’, the mythical place where the gods were born.

http://hans.wyrdweb.eu/about-benben-stone/

Egad.

No.

That's the hanshans stone he's writing about.

The benben (that he's confused with the hanshans) is the primordial mound: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benben  The hanshans is associated with phoenixes returning to lay eggs on them.  The benben is the house of the Bennu bird (which is not a phoenix but is sometimes incorrectly called a  phoenix.)  The Bennu bird could not come from the "Isle of Fire" since there's no such place in Egyptian mythology... and it certainly is not the place where the gods are born.

None of the Thutmose-named pharaohs were associated with Abraham (except by Hans, who didn't read his Bible closely.)  Anyway, they lived in the wrong time periods.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

The Bennu bird could not come from the "Isle of Fire" since there's no such place in Egyptian mythology... and it certainly is not the place where the gods are born.

Well ... In fact, there are several references to the "Island of Fire" in Shonkwiler 2014, and also one in Wilkinson 2010 (149) (Horus is born in it).

Shonkwiler mentions the Benben stone, although not in conjunction with the Island of Fire, AFAICMO.  There's a mention of Hathor of Benu (Shonkwiler 143).

However, I don't think these details really make much difference to your central argument, Kenemet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yet another thread created when a user was too damn lazy to use the Search function. 

--Jaylemurph

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Yet another thread created when a user was too damn lazy to use the Search function. 

--Jaylemurph

does this mean by posting in this thread you've victim to a pyramid scheme? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Rumor has it that it's best friend is the MattMatt stone...

He was good as the BatBat to IMO.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Windowpane said:

Well ... In fact, there are several references to the "Island of Fire" in Shonkwiler 2014, and also one in Wilkinson 2010 (149) (Horus is born in it).

Shonkwiler mentions the Benben stone, although not in conjunction with the Island of Fire, AFAICMO.  There's a mention of Hathor of Benu (Shonkwiler 143).

However, I don't think these details really make much difference to your central argument, Kenemet.

That is an island in the afterlife. On the path the soul takes. One of the dangers along the way.

Harte

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

I stand corrected.  I knew of the Lake of Fire but Island of Fire was not something I'd come across.

• Like 1

Possibly two different versions about the same thing, since the lake of fire was also in the underworld.

Harte

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Possibly two different versions about the same thing, since the lake of fire was also in the underworld.

Harte

I wonder if that influenced the creation of the Christian "Hell". Many of the first Christians were Egyptian. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kenemet said:

... Island of Fire was not something I'd come across.

I'd come across it some while back, but couldn't find the reference yesterday - but then found Shonkwiler and Wilkinson.

However, daylight and a cup of coffee have now revealed the original reference:

Iw Nerer, "Island of Flames",  a sort of no-mans-land between the Land of Life (T3 cnh) or the Land of the Living (T3 ny cnhw) and the Land of the Dead.  In any case it is the region where the deceased leaves the earth ...  At his arrival in the Beyond, the deceased speaks: "I have arrived from the Island of Flames", for references see Grieshammer 103 no. 661 (Schneider, H.D., "Shabtis : an introduction to the history of ancient Egyptian funerary statuettes," Pt I, 40.)

• Like 3

Oh yes, the dangers lurking on fire island.

giphy.gif

I suppose you could find a few benben stones as well as Jacob's pillow somewhere thereabouts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Piney said:

I wonder if that influenced the creation of the Christian "Hell". Many of the first Christians were Egyptian. 

More likely the "burning in hell" idea came from the Greeks. It's not in the Old Testament.

Check out the river of fire from the Greek underworld: Phlegethon.

Harte

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Harte said:

It's not in the Old Testament.

Oh, I know. Sheol, the common grave. Sinners were "earthbound" until their souls "died".

• Like 4

And “fire” literally didn’t turn up until The Book of Revelation and wasn’t part of Christian doctrine and theology until the Muddle Ages, prior to that Hell was a frozen place where the warmth of God was utterly absent. 

• Like 4

On 10/4/2018 at 8:58 AM, Kenemet said:

That's the hanshans stone he's writing about.

I heard a vibration in the force - thought I was being called.....sorry

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good to see you Hans.

Harte

19 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

what have to louts done to my Ben Ben post?

Corrected it.

The lout you got it from made stuff up (because making things up is easier than looking things up.)  You need to find a better class of louts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

I heard a vibration in the force - thought I was being called.....sorry

Hey, dude, thanks for stopping in. Say hi to Rupert.

31 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Corrected it.

The lout you got it from made stuff up (because making things up is easier than looking things up.)  You need to find a better class of louts.

its still the same... you haven't corrected anything.