Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is there anything at all? My solution

Limitless Science

2 minutes ago, joc said:

You keep saying you stick with the science?  What science?  Name any scientific data that says an afterlife exists.

Until you do...I will just keep asking you like a record on repeat...like a record on repeat...like a record on repeat...like a record on repeat...

It's like this joc, If I go fishing and catch a species that the "experts" say isn't found in the area, am I to believe the experts, or believe myself ? It really is such a no-brainer, I go with the data, that being the fish dangling from the hook ! And I might say to the expert, what is the scientific data I can consult that says these fish are non-existent in these waters ? That's right joc, there can't be any such data ! It is no more than the "absence of (previous) evidence". So quit pretending that science is telling us anything about this.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

*cough* pseudo-science *cough, cough*

:tu: But he doesn't even have any 'pseudoscience' to throw out.  As a matter of fact...he calls Sean Carroll's video explanation  PseudoScience.

Good lord...if he is accusing a Harvard Physicist PsuedoScience...:lol:....I can't wait to hear what he thinks real science is...

oh wait...he should be old enough to remember Captain Kangaroo...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

:tu: But he doesn't even have any 'pseudoscience' to throw out.  As a matter of fact...he calls Sean Carroll's video explanation  PseudoScience.

Good lord...if he is accusing a Harvard Physicist PsuedoScience...:lol:....I can't wait to hear what he thinks real science is...

How disingenuous, joc, the pseudo-science comes in the form of falsely claiming that Carroll has some breakthrough insight that changes the game. He doesn't, but for those who like the idea he does, you have totally failed to put truth ahead of your prejudice.

8 minutes ago, joc said:

I'm thinking Mr. Wizard.:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

It's like this joc, If I go fishing and catch a species that the "experts" say isn't found in the area, am I to believe the experts, or believe myself ? It really is such a no-brainer, I go with the data, that being the fish dangling from the hook ! And I might say to the expert, what is the scientific data I can consult that says these fish are non-existent in these waters ? That's right joc, there can't be any such data ! It is no more than the "absence of (previous) evidence". So quit pretending that science is telling us anything about this.

I didn't pretend....watch the damn video of Carroll's...I know you haven't.  YOU are the one who said:

On the contrary, joc, I stick with the science, not the fudged science, not the tortured science, not the science stretched beyond its elastic limits, just the science, and of course my own observations.

And of course, who would know better what you consider science...except, thank you very much, you have now enlightened the whole board with your 'science'...nothing more than your own experience...THAT...to you is science...and that is just so sad...smh

Just now, joc said:

I didn't pretend....watch the damn video of Carroll's...I know you haven't.  YOU are the one who said:

On the contrary, joc, I stick with the science, not the fudged science, not the tortured science, not the science stretched beyond its elastic limits, just the science, and of course my own observations.

And of course, who would know better what you consider science...except, thank you very much, you have now enlightened the whole board with your 'science'...nothing more than your own experience...THAT...to you is science...and that is just so sad...smh

What is sad, joc, is that you should think I should accept an "experts" opinion of whether that fish species existed in the area, than the evidence as it presented directly to me, or so you seem to imply. That would be truly silly, joc. You are quoting the opinion of a scientist, as fact. If that is the best you have got, you are short on chips.

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

How disingenuous, joc, the pseudo-science comes in the form of falsely claiming that Carroll has some breakthrough insight that changes the game. He doesn't, but for those who like the idea he does, you have totally failed to put truth ahead of your prejudice.

You just made that up out of thin air~  No one ever made such a claim.  You are basically arguing a premise that you made up and are projecting onto us.  No one other than you has made that claim....if you have a quote saying otherwise...show it...you don't.

Just now, Habitat said:

What is sad, joc, is that you should think I should accept an "experts" opinion of whether that fish species existed in the area, than the evidence as it presented directly to me, or so you seem to imply. That would be truly silly, joc. You are quoting the opinion of a scientist, as fact. If that is the best you have got, you are short on chips.

Your premise is false from the get go.  In the first place...It is quite possible you might catch a fish in a lake no one has ever seen.  People do catch fish.

But no one except you hears the clicking of Morse Code from the other side.  That's as twisted as grannies toes and twice as corny!

3 minutes ago, joc said:

You just made that up out of thin air~  No one ever made such a claim.  You are basically arguing a premise that you made up and are projecting onto us.  No one other than you has made that claim....if you have a quote saying otherwise...show it...you don't.

That is the entire guts of the "team" argument, that science has shown the after-life is impossible ! Of course there is no such science, but when there is nothing else to serve the  anti-woo agenda, you have to make it up ! As I say, I am the man of science here, the "team" are pseudo-scientific !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Your premise is false from the get go.  In the first place...It is quite possible you might catch a fish in a lake no one has ever seen.  People do catch fish.

But no one except you hears the clicking of Morse Code from the other side.  That's as twisted as grannies toes and twice as corny!

But you say the "expert" Carroll, says the "fish" isn't there, and I should believe Carroll instead ! I don't think so, joc !

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm thinking Mr. Wizard.:lol:

I'm thinking...of this...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Habitat said:

But you say the "expert" Carroll, says the "fish" isn't there, and I should believe Carroll instead ! I don't think so, joc !

Your analogy to the substance of the thread is ridiculous.  

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

8a937b7c2319be52c09a40bf74d6c400.jpg?w=8

...It's just one Giant Projection of his own fears

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

8a937b7c2319be52c09a40bf74d6c400.jpg?w=8

The blue column seems to be a good fit to the "team" ! "Starts with a conclusion then works backward to confirm". Spot on.

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Your analogy to the substance of the thread is ridiculous.  

Quite appropriate I think joc, I have to give direct evidence priority over the musings of others. Carroll has guessed, and guessed wrongly.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I haven't heard that song in years.:lol:

Next one up is Rockin' the Casbah...

12 minutes ago, joc said:

But no one except you hears the clicking of Morse Code from the other side.

You don't know that either, joc. You are caught in the web of your own assumed omniscience,  when in reality you know SFA

23 hours ago, freetoroam said:
On 11/5/2018 at 4:42 PM, White Crane Feather said:

We have tons of evidence there is an after life. 

We have?

Can you give some of evidence there is an afterlife.  Will not accept hearsay.

Also the initial few minutes directly after death is not evidence. Am looking for evidence of an afterlife well after a person has died, has been buried or cremated and certified as dead.

OMG!   I just realized that Sci-nerds thread has morphed into The Deep Roots of Fear thread....

Okay...if anyone wants to talk about AfterLIfe and the absurdities thereof...please go here....lol

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You don't know that either, joc. You are caught in the web of your own assumed omniscience,  when in reality you know SFA

Not talking about anything else in this thread ....go   HERE...we really don't need two threads talking about the same damn thing...

On 11/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, White Crane Feather said:

Never mind the pleabs Limitless, I’m impressed with a few things you have written, but I have a question for you.

why do you think A god like entity would not have arisen in all eternity before? Is there a filter for the ultimate evolution of intelligence? 

Okay taking back to a time prior to where you 'unknowingly' hijacked the thread...lol.

Oh my god....So SORRY Sci-nerd...I thought this was your thread....So SORRY Limitless ....okay...now back where we were going with this...Where were we going with this?  Oh yeah...

Why do you think a God like Entity would have arisen at any time anywhere in the Universe?  Can you not reach the simple conclusion that God Entities are a Man made Conceptual thing...they don't exist anymore than Ghosts, or Sasquatches, or Unicorns on Pluto?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

So says you. Oh, and "the team".

So does science. But your the only one with a team. Team loser. 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

So does science. But your the only one with a team. Team loser. 

I must stop laughing at this stuff, but it does show you are the "team" leader !