Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is there anything at all? My solution

Limitless Science

On 10/12/2018 at 10:00 AM, RabidMongoose said:

I think you are wrong on a number of issues, I was just explaining why there can never be nothingness.

Seeing an object as having independent existence is wrong as it leads you into looking for the causes of that object. Instead, see an object`s existence as being dependent upon and relative to other things existing outside of itself. Then look for the causes of those relationships which exists between them.

Those relationships are duality relationships (like male and female, matter and anti-matter, here and there, etc) which have been derived out of oneness. Oneness was the original condition, not a state of nothingness. The whole universe is a set of duality relationships which have been derived from that oneness. The centre-piece, the pivotal point around which the universe is built, is the thing that causes the oneness to collapse into various forms of duality.

That centre-piece is consciousness. The initial duality relationships which came into existence are portrayed in religion as God creating the universe. The next stage is portrayed as Adam and Eve bringing into existence the mortal world. The final stage is portrayed as man or woman here on Earth living their lives. 

It doesn’t have to be that complicated. Nothinginess is inheriantly unstable because by its own definition it can’t exist. Without existence then there is nothing, but by obvious virtue that I am writhing this, then existence has always existed. The statistical complications of this are staggering and profound. 

Quantum mechanics demonstrates all of this and is quite verifiable. 

Edited by White Crane Feather

On 10/12/2018 at 8:00 AM, Limitless Science said:

I'm speechless how primitive you people are! You can't even grasp it with some help. I'm starting to think that I'm not from this world.

Or you read nonsense due to world censorship.

Who knows..

Never mind the pleabs Limitless, I’m impressed with a few things you have written, but I have a question for you.

why do you think A god like entity would not have arisen in all eternity before? Is there a filter for the ultimate evolution of intelligence? 

Edited by White Crane Feather

51 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

We have tons of evidence there is an after life. 

We have?

Can you give some of evidence there is an afterlife.  Will not accept hearsay.

Also the initial few minutes directly after death is not evidence. Am looking for evidence of an afterlife well after a person has died, has been buried or cremated and certified as dead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

We have?

Also the initial few minutes directly after death is not evidence. Am looking for evidence of an afterlife well after a person has died, has been buried or cremated and certified as dead.

What? You've forgotten that night in Paris in 1895, when we met outside your flower shop on the Champs-Elysees?:((Seriously, I'd settle for a solid ounce of such proof, myself.)

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

We have?

Same here. It would mean that all those years I spent evoking spirits was legit. Having something solid to base belief on would be nice. Alas nothing.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2018 at 6:45 PM, Limitless Science said:

Don't think for even a second you could be smarter than me.

I'm quite sure you are smarter than me, and better looking than me, and play the guitar better than me, and know better people than I do, and your wife is prettier and sweeter than my wife, and your house is better and your kids are more awesome than mine, and you drive nicer cars, and you have more money, and your dogs are better trained, and your Daddy could beat up my Daddy and your Mom...well we all know your Mom could beat up my Daddy...

...actually, it only took me a nano-second to figure out that you aren't all that smart.

• Haha 2

On 10/4/2018 at 3:47 PM, Limitless Science said:

Why is there anything at all? Why not just nothing? Let's first define the exact opposite of nothingness! The exact opposite of nothingness is: 'everything existing' or 'all existing things'.

For example:  The EXACT opposite of nothingness is somethingness.   Not ...everything...SomeThing.  So now that I have completely destroyed your premise....carry on...

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 3:47 PM, Limitless Science said:

I hope this could help you out! Please tell me what you think!

I think you should not quit your day job...and if this is your day job...I think you should quit your day job.

• Haha 3

On 10/12/2018 at 10:00 AM, Limitless Science said:

I'm speechless how primitive you people are! You can't even grasp it with some help. I'm starting to think that I'm not from this world.

..I'm thinking...abducted...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

We have tons of evidence there is an after life. 

We most certainly do not. Physics tenders the idea as extremely unlikely. Tooth fairy unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

It doesn’t have to be that complicated. Nothinginess is inheriantly unstable because by its own definition it can’t exist. Without existence then there is nothing, but by obvious virtue that I am writhing this, then existence has always existed. The statistical complications of this are staggering and profound. 

Quantum mechanics demonstrates all of this and is quite verifiable. 

I think you are confusing the concepts of nothingness and nothing. Nothingness is not inherently unstable, it has never and will never exist. The reason being is that for something to exist it needs to be made out of something. So nothingness cannot exist without being made of something and if it is then it isn't really nothingness.

Nothing means something entirely different, its when nothing exists relative to anything else. Nothing is what exists when there is oneness. It is the absence of duality or the quality of separateness. Oneness is not nothingness, it is nothing.

Quantum Mechanics has nothingness (lol) to do with nothingness. Instead if relates to nothing if we interpret oneness as being the same as a multiverse.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Physics tenders the idea as extremely unlikely.

Show me a genuine scientific physics paper which even so much as mentions the subject.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Show me a genuine scientific physics paper which even so much as mentions the subject.

On which aspect? Decay? Atoms? Brain function? Thermodynamics? 

They all play supporting roles. It's not like some happenstance has been forced into a supernatural conclusion on the basis of some anecdote. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

On which aspect? Decay? Atoms? Brain function? Thermodynamics? 

They all play supporting roles. It's not like some happenstance has been forced into a supernatural conclusion on the basis of some anecdote. 

No, I want to see the word(s) "after life" in a scientific paper.

32 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You believe supernatural stuff....

....Morse Code from the Dead...

You have no standing at all on any subject other than ...Wooeeeuuuooo...

It is impossible for you to see outside the Twilight Zone of your own creation...sad really.

• Thanks 1

Just now, joc said:

It is impossible for you to see outside the Twilight Zone of your own creation...sad really.

On the contrary, joc, I stick with the science, not the fudged science, not the tortured science, not the science stretched beyond its elastic limits, just the science, and of course my own observations.

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

No, I want to see the word(s) "after life" in a scientific paper.

Explain why the aforementioned does not suffice. 

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

On the contrary, joc, I stick with the science, not the fudged science, not the tortured science, not the science stretched beyond its elastic limits, just the science, and of course my own observations.

No you don't. That's simply not true. You are an enemy of reason. 

1 hour ago, joc said:

The problem with Habitat is that he knows he is beaten. His only option is to handwave and dodge while he continually moves the goal posts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/4/2018 at 1:47 PM, Limitless Science said:

Hello, I share with you my solution to this and even more questions.

Why is there anything at all? Why not just nothing? Let's first define the exact opposite of nothingness! The exact opposite of nothingness is: 'everything existing' or 'all existing things'. Well, since I solved it, the answer lies within why nothingness can't be. Just imagine if there's nothing existing at all, how can the word nothingness mean anything? The word nothingness has no meaning if there's nothing existing at all. If there's nothing existing at all, the word nothingness can't exist either. If there isn't anything existing at all, there isn't anything that can support the fact that nothingness should be and not everything existing. There simply can't be nothing existing at all. We and everything around us exists without a beginning because nothingness can't be at all.

So, your answer to the question of why there is anything at all is that something exists to define it's opposite.  Uh.....pardon me, but I don't think that's a very good solution at all.  In fact, I think it's rather silly.  Nothing could certainly exist, and it would need no definition.

I like the question.....why does something exist and I'll offer you another solution.  Something exists rather than nothing because something caused it to be.  

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

No you don't. That's simply not true. You are an enemy of reason. 

So says you. Oh, and "the team".

13 minutes ago, Habitat said:

So says you. Oh, and "the team".

The death squad.

The glee in no hope while wringing their hands and smiling crew. 

No one there you'd want with you in a foxhole during war brigade.

The leaders of doom platoon.

Edited by Will Due

Explain why the aforementioned does not suffice. 

Because there simply isn't any science that can offer any insight into the question, over and above what common sense does ! You have committed numerous sins against science and reason, by insisting otherwise. Lift your game, your wishful thinking to rid yourself of doubts, is a laughing stock among anyone who has there head screwed on, which pretty well excludes "the team", who all suffer from the same complaint, a  compulsion to quash "woo", and try and conscript real science  to do it, but fail.

The problem with Habitat is that he knows he is beaten. His only option is to handwave and dodge while he continually moves the goal posts. 

Beaten ? You are certainly consistent, but in being consistently wrong. I'll give you, that you believe what you are saying is true, or have managed to convince yourself it is, but alas, you are wrong. The question you need to apply some science to, is why the psychological need to crusade against "woo", like a demented creature ? What does it matter to you, that there might be more than what can be demonstrated scientifically ? 

9 hours ago, Habitat said:

You keep saying you stick with the science?  What science?  Name any scientific data that says an afterlife exists.

Until you do...I will just keep asking you like a record on repeat...like a record on repeat...like a record on repeat...like a record on repeat...

• Thanks 1