Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is there anything at all? My solution

Limitless Science

Just now, Habitat said:

I must stop laughing at this stuff, but it does show you are the "team" leader !

No, it shows that you are psychotic. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

Because there simply isn't any science that can offer any insight into the question,

It already has, you have been unable to refute it so you throw tantrums. 

over and above what common sense does !

Its laughable that you consider your childish claim if a great morse code office in the say as common sense. 

I mean really. It's astounding that you think such a silly tale would be reason for all to abandon all we know for that utter nonsense. 

You have committed numerous sins against science and reason, by insisting otherwise.

Bla Bla bla

Empty claims you cannot stand behind. Its downright ridiculous how many times you have made this empty claim with zero support. That's where your credibility followed, its at zero too.

Lift your game, your wishful thinking to rid yourself of doubts, is a laughing stock among anyone who has there head screwed on, which pretty well excludes "the team", who all suffer from the same complaint, a  compulsion to quash "woo", and try and conscript real science  to do it, but fail.

Indeed, it leaves what. You and Will. And that's all one needs to know to evaluate the situation really. A laughing stock to the laughing stock. I can live with that I reckon. 

Real science has srstoyed your inane fantasy. That's what has your back up so. Your BS is exposed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Habitat said:

On the contrary, joc, I stick with the science, not the fudged science, not the tortured science, not the science stretched beyond its elastic limits, just the science, and of course my own observations.

Another lie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It already has, you have been unable to refute it so you throw tantrums. 

Its laughable that you consider your childish claim if a great morse code office in the say as common sense. 

I mean really. It's astounding that you think such a silly tale would be reason for all to abandon all we know for that utter nonsense. 

Bla Bla bla

Empty claims you cannot stand behind. Its downright ridiculous how many times you have made this empty claim with zero support. That's where your credibility followed, its at zero too.

Indeed, it leaves what. You and Will. And that's all one needs to know to evaluate the situation really. A laughing stock to the laughing stock. I can live with that I reckon. 

Real science has srstoyed your inane fantasy. That's what has your back up so. Your BS is exposed. 

See the source image

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

The blue column seems to be a good fit to the "team" ! "Starts with a conclusion then works backward to confirm". Spot on.

How is that not exactly how your morse code office in the sky guess came to be. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Another lie. 

No, the truth that runs a bad second to your compulsion.

Just now, psyche101 said:

How is that not exactly how your morse code office in the sky guess came to be. 

Quite the opposite

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

See the source image

Is that supposed to be laughing or throwing another tantrum? You throw them a lot, so it's hard to tell. 

fbafa3fd9de74b68a2a2fb9cb767bb80.gif

not-sure-if-diddly-ior-doooly-quick-meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Quite the opposite

Nope, not from what I hear. You imagined the big morse code office in the sky before you invented an anecdote for it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

not from what I hear.

You having auditory hallucinations now ?

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You having auditory hallucinations now ?

Obviously not. 

On 11/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, freetoroam said:

We have?

Can you give some of evidence there is an afterlife.  Will not accept hearsay.

Also the initial few minutes directly after death is not evidence. Am looking for evidence of an afterlife well after a person has died, has been buried or cremated and certified as dead.

It matters not what you are looking for. Roughly 12% of people brought back from clinical death have out of body experiences amoung other experiences that suggest some sort of after life. A random quirk of the brain would not be so specific in theme. It would be enough witness to send somone to prison it just dosnt, and rightfully so, satisfy the rigors of science yet. It’s certainly not proof only evidence. 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, psyche101 said:

We most certainly do not. Physics tenders the idea as extremely unlikely. Tooth fairy unlikely. 

See my response.

4 hours ago, joc said:

Okay taking back to a time prior to where you 'unknowingly' hijacked the thread...lol.

Oh my god....So SORRY Sci-nerd...I thought this was your thread....So SORRY Limitless ....okay...now back where we were going with this...Where were we going with this?  Oh yeah...

Why do you think a God like Entity would have arisen at any time anywhere in the Universe?  Can you not reach the simple conclusion that God Entities are a Man made Conceptual thing...they don't exist anymore than Ghosts, or Sasquatches, or Unicorns on Pluto?

Well no I can’t reach that conclusion for two reasons. The primary one is that no one really knows if god like entities exist. Neither do you. Notice i said godlike. A real god like entity is really just going to be some powerful alien possibly a civilization that encountered a processing singularity or an ancient being that manages to conquer death and potentially nature. 

The other is that i have met things like that, so denying it totally Is impossible for me. ( don’t freek, I can create OBEs and these interactions happen in deep hypongogic trances. You would  write it off as lucid dreaming) 

My question for you is why do you think one wouldn’t? We already have at least one example of intelligence evolving from nature. Why would you think it has not happened eons ago, and potentially an infinte amount of times. In fact statisticaly, if a god like entity can exist, then It surely does. There are more reasons to think one might exist than to categorize it with the likes of unicorns. 

5 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

It matters not what you are looking for. Roughly 12% of people brought back from clinical death have out of body experiences amoung other experiences that suggest some sort of after life. It would be enough witness to send somone to prison it just dosnt and rightfully so satisfy the rights of science nair yet. It’s certainly not proof only evidence. 

There are much better explanations than an afterlife which are supported by physics. Anecdotes aren't evidence. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There are much better explanations than an afterlife which are supported by physics. Anecdotes aren't evidence. 

Of course anecdotes are evidence. A vast amount of data is collected in the form of surveys asking for annecdotes. What you want is proof, and I don’t blame you. Certainly annecdotes are not proof, but in courtrooms witnesses are used all the time to convict or acquit people, and witnesses in agragate are very powerful evidence. 

Logic is also a form of evidence. We have had this conversation before, and I have reviewed all the “explanations” before. Being creative doesn’t count either. There is a simple fact that many people through time have had these experiences with similar themes that come from cultures that are isolated from each other, and the chances of a random quirk producing such consistent themes are pretty slim. 

Then we are dealing with the fact that science dosnt have anything to say about the matter and therefore it falls under philosophy. If indeed there is a spirit world, it’s substance may not consists of berionic matter, and a Methodology like our science which is constructed on materialist philosophy will not be equipped to discover it. Many scientists believe there are other dimensions and realms. String theory even predicts them, but we can never interact with them as far as we know, so therefore it must always remain in the world of philosophy. 

You want scientific truth for something that can, for now, only be philosophical and fall into the realm of liklyhoods and logical conjecture.

The entire phenomena is built on the experiences of people. No science, as of yet, can validate the we are even concious. You can only assume someone else is because you know you are.  

Edited by White Crane Feather

57 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

My question for you is why do you think one wouldn’t? We already have at least one example of intelligence evolving from nature. Why would you think it has not happened eons ago, and potentially an infinte amount of times. In fact statisticaly, if a god like entity can exist, then It surely does. There are more reasons to think one might exist than to categorize it with the likes of unicorns. 

Well, now you have moved the goal post...we are talking about aliens or gods or what exactly? The Universe is...for all practical purposes...infinite.

Within the trillions of galaxies that exist ...I find it completely and totally unbelievable that we are the only forms of life.  And there may be civilizations out there in the stars that are vastly more intelligent than our own.  But if that is so...none of them have affected our planet.  Or....

....maybe we are surrounded by them.  But...I don't think we are and here is why.  They have left no footprint.  They have left no fingerprint.  They have left no proof of any sort whatsoever of their existence.  I find it fascinating that God would talk and show himself to the ancients...but would not also show himself to the Modern Man.   So...the only real conclusion that can be drawn is that God didn't talk or show himself to anyone ever because he was made up and created over millennia by ancient men and women.  That supernatural beings exist has no proof attached to the argument.  If  you are arguing that they are out there...then show some proof, but please don't come back with the old and worn out...prove they are not.

1 hour ago, White Crane Feather said:

It matters not what you are looking for. Roughly 12% of people brought back from clinical death have out of body experiences amoung other experiences that suggest some sort of after life. A random quirk of the brain would not be so specific in theme. It would be enough witness to send somone to prison it just dosnt, and rightfully so, satisfy the rigors of science yet. It’s certainly not proof only evidence. 

That in no way suggests any such thing.  That only means that 88% didn't have and of those experiences.  What is means is that some people who come close to dying hallucinate.

Nonetheless...good god...how many  threads discussing the idiocy of afterlife do we need??????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Nonetheless...good god...how many  threads discussing the idiocy of afterlife do we need??????

lol

7 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

Of course anecdotes are evidence.

I disagree, that's why the word has its own definition. 

A vast amount of data is collected in the form of surveys asking for annecdotes.

At best that's a statistic. Not proof. That's just what a sample of people think. 

What you want is proof, and I don’t blame you.

A better explanation than we currently have would suffice. 

Certainly annecdotes are not proof, but in courtrooms witnesses are used all the time to convict or acquit people, and witnesses in agragate are very powerful evidence. 

Eyewitness testimony is also notoriously unreliable. 

Logic is also a form of evidence. We have had this conversation before, and I have reviewed all the “explanations” before. Being creative doesn’t count either. There is a simple fact that many people through time have had these experiences with similar themes that come from cultures that are isolated from each other, and the chances of a random quirk producing such consistent themes are pretty slim. 

Again, I disagree. Many other stories have traversed the globe. Children's fairy tales in particular. Christianity appealed to the masses because it was the first non discriminatory organisation than anything else in my opinion. 

Then we are dealing with the fact that science dosnt have anything to say about the matter and therefore it falls under philosophy.

I disagree again. What we do know does not in any way support the idea of an afterlife. It refutes it. There is no known force, or reason to suspect one exists, that can maintain the complexity of the Brain upon the event of death. 

If indeed there is a spirit world, it’s substance may not consists of berionic matter, and a Methodology like our science which is constructed on materialist philosophy will not be equipped to discover it.

If so, it should be delectable. 

Many scientists believe there are other dimensions and realms. String theory even predicts them, but we can never interact with them as far as we know, so therefore it must always remain in the world of philosophy. 

Namely due to size. They are theorised to exist at quantum levels. 

The thing is other factors predict them. Nothing predicts a force that could allow for an afterlife. 

You want scientific truth for something that can, for now, only be philosophical and fall into the realm of liklyhoods and logical conjecture.

I don't see any logic in supporting the idea of an afterlife considering physics says it cannot happen. 

The entire phenomena is built on the experiences of people.

That I agree with. People like conclusions, we like patterns. It doesn't mean one is where we want it to be. 

No science, as of yet, can validate the we are even concious. You can only assume someone else is because you know you are.  

I find brain studies and the effects of damage, disease and defects is convincing enough to accept reality for what we perceive it to be. The brain is a product of evolution. While there is more to understand, what we do know is sufficiently enlightening for existence. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I disagree, that's why the word has its own definition. 

At best that's a statistic. Not proof. That's just what a sample of people think. 

A better explanation than we currently have would suffice. 

Eyewitness testimony is also notoriously unreliable. 

Again, I disagree. Many other stories have traversed the globe. Children's fairy tales in particular. Christianity appealed to the masses because it was the first non discriminatory organisation than anything else in my opinion. 

I disagree again. What we do know does not in any way support the idea of an afterlife. It refutes it. There is no known force, or reason to suspect one exists, that can maintain the complexity of the Brain upon the event of death. 

If so, it should be delectable. 

Namely due to size. They are theorised to exist at quantum levels. 

The thing is other factors predict them. Nothing predicts a force that could allow for an afterlife. 

I don't see any logic in supporting the idea of an afterlife considering physics says it cannot happen. 

That I agree with. People like conclusions, we like patterns. It doesn't mean one is where we want it to be. 

I find brain studies and the effects of damage, disease and defects is convincing enough to accept reality for what we perceive it to be. The brain is a product of evolution. While there is more to understand, what we do know is sufficiently enlightening for existence. 

Dude I just wrote a bunch of stuff and it got erased rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

23 hours ago, joc said:

That in no way suggests any such thing.  That only means that 88% didn't have and of those experiences.  What is means is that some people who come close to dying hallucinate.

Hahaha no that’s not the only thing it means. When a whole lot of people are haveing the same types of experiences, something is defiantly going on. Now what that is, mind you, is still up for grabs, but to write it off because a personal bias is pretty silly. People dream every night too, but not many people remember them, that dosnt mean they didn’t dream. Now what if 12% of all people had the same exact themes in a particular dream under a particular set of circumstances? Will you still write it off as nothing because of sheer commitment to cynicism? 

35 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

Sorry to hear that, same things happened to me a few times. 

I hate that!!!!! 

1 hour ago, White Crane Feather said:

Hahaha no that’s not the only thing it means. When a whole lot of people are haveing the same types of experiences, something is defiantly going on. Now what that is, mind you, is still up for grabs, but to write it off because a personal bias is pretty silly. People dream every night too, but not many people remember them, that dosnt mean they didn’t dream. Now what if 12% of all people had the same exact themes in a particular dream under a particular set of circumstances? Will you still write it off as nothing because of sheer commitment to cynicism? 

These NDE cases show a common theme based on a person's culture.

It sounds like what the subconscious projects to me.

Next time you OBE, ask one of the residents you often talk to what Psyche101 had for lunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

I feel your pain.  

• Like 1