Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Never ending dreams of the past

CANDIDPETS

Okay i always have dreams of being in school or something else from my past that is not in my current life. Is there anyway to stop this? Meditation? 

Welcome aboard.

"The past" is a big place. I don't think there is a way to exclude past events in general and as such from becoming dream subject matter. Is there something more specific that disturbs you when you dream about it?

On points raised by your profile text, what is your first language? I understand the common French noun la bête, but not as something or somebody who would have a student. Is that even the word you meant?

ETA: I see now that you've been here for years. My bad. Welcome aboard anyway :) .

Edited by eight bits

3 hours ago, CANDIDPETS said:

Okay i always have dreams of being in school or something else from my past that is not in my current life. Is there anyway to stop this? Meditation? 

I had an uncle who was so distressed by constant dreams, he sought help from a doctor, who prescribed "something". I know not what, though. Probably the best way to "stop" repetitive dreams, is to understand what they are trying to tell us, although that can be easier said, than done, as I have found myself. But it is far from unusual to dream of events and times long in our past, it is as if the inner workings of our minds pay little heed to chronology. The impresses of early life do stay with us, even if we may not see that in our waking lives, perhaps the dreams of your younger days are meant to impress upon you, how much you were shaped by those times. Or perhaps, it is a gentle reminder of what life was like, before we were changed by the world, and maybe we can re-capture something of the delights of a simpler life. One assumes these dreams, however, are not altogether pleasant, or you would now want to be rid of them, perhaps you could more specific about what is happening in these dreams.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1