Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The devils pit Brampton

CANDIDPETS

Linked to a lot of satanic stuff but i have not heard enough about it. I think it is in caledon, there is a road there where your car will go up hill when put in neutral. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CANDIDPETS said:

Linked to a lot of satanic stuff but i have not heard enough about it. I think it is in caledon, there is a road there where your car will go up hill when put in neutral. 

You have to start posting links or people are going to get mad.

The only thing I found  while using Google was a golf course and a water fall. 

We have a spot not far from here where if you park at the bottom of a hill, put the car in neutral, the car will roll about half way up the hill. 

It’s because of magnetized metal in the mountain. We had a blast with it as teenagers. Made up all kinds of creepy stories about it. 

The guy who brought me there my first time said it was because a couple kids got hit by a school bus right there, and the kids push your car outta the way cause they think you are gonna get hit by a bus too, lol. Good times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

The guy who brought me there my first time said it was because a couple kids got hit by a school bus right there, and the kids push your car outta the way cause they think you are gonna get hit by a bus too, lol. Good times. 

I read that somewhere. I think it was in one of those "Weird" state books. But it was about kids pushing you off a train crossing.

• Like 1

There’s one in Caledon, yes. Also one in Burlington Ontario if you are ever in the area. This past summer I went to the magnetic hill while in New Brunswick. Very cool, very touristy though. It was explained as being an optical illusion really. Your mind thinks you are going uphill, but the vehicle is actually rolling downhill. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-really-happens-on-a-gravity-hill-2016-4

Edited by .saraharas.
Link added
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, .saraharas. said:

There’s one in Caledon, yes. Also one in Burlington Ontario if you are ever in the area. This past summer I went to the magnetic hill while in New Brunswick. Very cool, very touristy though. It was explained as being an optical illusion really. Your mind thinks you are going uphill, but the vehicle is actually rolling downhill. 

That’s what a cousin of mine said when I showed him. So I got out of the car and rolled a tennis ball down The hill. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CANDIDPETS said:

Provide a video of this happening  or else I call BS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

We have a spot not far from here where if you park at the bottom of a hill, put the car in neutral, the car will roll about half way up the hill. 

It’s because of magnetized metal in the mountain. We had a blast with it as teenagers. Made up all kinds of creepy stories about it. 

That's an absolute load of BS, mountains do not move cars. Think about it - if that were true, and the magnetic pull was strong enough to pull a car up a hill, it would yank metal right out of your hand and cause all manner of crazy phenomenon and be pretty damn dangerous to go anywhere near.

It's a matter of perspective, it may look like it's going up a hill but it is actually a slight downgrade. Almost every town has one of these "ghost kids pushing cars off the tracks" urban legends, and they are all just perspective illusions.

http://theconsummatedabbler.com/2014/07/how-cars-roll-uphill-its-not-that-exciting/

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Provide a video of this happening  or else I call BS.

Theres plenty of video available of this sorta thing. Its all natural and nothing paranormal at all, many of the same said videos state that point. Of course, theres also those vids for the woo-woo lovers that claim satan and demons are pushing cars. In short it is BS.

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, moonman said:

That's an absolute load of BS, mountains do not move cars. Think about it - if that were true, and the magnetic pull was strong enough to pull a car up a hill, it would yank metal right out of your hand and cause all manner of crazy phenomenon and be pretty damn dangerous to go anywhere near.

It's a matter of perspective, it may look like it's going up a hill but it is actually a slight downgrade. Almost every town has one of these "ghost kids pushing cars off the tracks" urban legends, and they are all just perspective illusions.

http://theconsummatedabbler.com/2014/07/how-cars-roll-uphill-its-not-that-exciting/

Well believe what want to man. I’ve been going to this spot since I was 16 years old. It’s definitely a incline, and the car definitely goes up it. We have proven it’s a incline many times using a tennis ball. 

Over the years there has been several local articles about it. 

Its funny, I’ve had this conversation several times when I’d bring a new person to the site. The whole way them also calling it “an absolute load of BS” only for them to be completely baffled a few minutes after we got there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well believe what want to man. I’ve been going to this spot since I was 16 years old. It’s definitely a incline, and the car definitely goes up it. We have proven it’s a incline many times using a tennis ball. 

Over the years there has been several local articles about it. 

Its funny, I’ve had this conversation several times when I’d bring a new person to the site. The whole way them also calling it “an absolute load of BS” only for them to be completely baffled a few minutes after we got there. 

Obviously you didn't read the article, nor have any idea of how magnetism works. Please share a link to one of your articles, I'm wondering if it's one of the hills documented in the many articles that explain the illusion.

Think about it, magnetic mountains that pull cars up hills? How daft do you have to be to believe that? Elementary school science tests could disprove that nonsense in seconds flat.

I suggest you read the article, go out to the spot and try the simple experiment laid out in it that will prove what a flawed idea that is. While you're at it, take a $1 bubble level along and measure the pitch of the road. This isn't unverifiable paranormal phenomenon, it's simple testable physics. Educate yourself about the world around you instead of believing whatever nonsense you hear.

And hey, tape the tests. Should it fail the simple tests, you will have just proven the paranormal on camera. That should be worth the time, proving that your hill, the one out of hundreds of similar hills that have the same explained phenomenon, is the only one that is ACTUALLY unexplained.

Edited by moonman

A gravity hill, also known as a magnetic hill, mystery hill, mystery spot, gravity road, or anti-gravity hill, is a place where the layout of the surrounding land produces an optical illusion, making a slight downhill slope appear to be an uphill slope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretSanta said:

A gravity hill, also known as a magnetic hill, mystery hill, mystery spot, gravity road, or anti-gravity hill, is a place where the layout of the surrounding land produces an optical illusion, making a slight downhill slope appear to be an uphill slope.

Of course that's all it is. To claim it is anything more than an illusion is ignorant.

Edited by moonman