Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wheel of Time Picked Up By Amazon,

ExpandMyMind

Amazon has ordered Robert Jordan’s fantasy epic The Wheel of Time to series, with Sony Pictures TV to co-produce, and Rafe Judkins serving as showrunner.

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Amazon has ordered the series, and gave the following information about the story:

Set in a sprawling world where magic exists but can only be used by women, the story follows Moiraine, a member of the shadowy and influential all-female organization the Aes Sedai, as she embarks on a dangerous journey with five young men and women. Moiraine’s interest in these five lies in the fact that she believes one of them might be the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful individual who prophecies say will either save humanity or destroy it.

Tor

It's finally happening, and on a platform with a massive budget and a stellar reputation, not some basic NBC-like network. I can't wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's finally happening, and on a platform with a massive budget and a stellar reputation, not some basic NBC-like network. I can't wait.

Read the whole thing in prison and even though I think Robert Jordan ripped off Frank Herbert's Bene Gesserit, I still think the Aes Sedai were cool as hell. Then again, I do come from a matriarchal society and was raised and I'm genetically wired that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Read the whole thing in prison and even though I think Robert Jordan ripped off Frank Herbert's Bene Gesserit, I still think the Aes Sedai were cool as hell. Then again, I do come from a matriarchal society and was raised and I'm genetically wired that way.

The Wheel of Time is the one thing I can honestly say THANK YOU for, to EMM.  :)   He mentioned it here and I started reading it.  It's been a real joy.  I agree about the Aes Sedai.  

• Like 1

I am torn....I would love to see this made, but made properly and true to the story.  I hate when they make movies or tv shows 'based on characters'...

• Like 1